Liberty University

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Liberty University
anyone familiar with this school? it claims to be the largest religious university in the world counting online users. they teach Young Earth Creationism.
it's buying everything in the city even private airports.

i feel trapped because there aren't many people to talk to around here.

what i find ironic is that the city Lynchburg where it resides is the only city in Virginia not captured by the union during the civil war. i can't help but think that this super strict school has a history that is connected to that fact.

the local nuclear industry also appears shortly after the end of WW2.

part of me feels that this place is a major artery of obstructionism in America today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: Liberty University
(14-04-2016 10:48 AM)bpain Wrote:  ...

part of me feels that this place is a major artery of obstructionism in America today.

Welcome to TTA.

Richard Dawkins agrees with you.

14-04-2016, 11:52 AM
(14-04-2016 10:48 AM)bpain Wrote:  anyone familiar with this school? it claims to be the largest religious university in the world counting online users. they teach Young Earth Creationism.

what i find ironic is that the city Lynchburg where it resides is the only city in Virginia not captured by the union during the civil war. i can't help but think that this super strict school has a history that is connected to that fact.

I lived there for almost a decade during and after I went to college at another college there. The "strict" part is a joke. Yes the rules are written but it still depends on which RA a dorm gets and when I lived there I knew some of their students and many of the RA's attitude was "I don't care, just don't get caught". Many of the student would sign themselves out, go to parties and simply spend the weekend off campus.

After I graduated from another school there, I witnessed many Liberty students partying off campus.

Liberty is a joke. It is a degree mill.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2016, 12:03 PM
(14-04-2016 11:52 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 10:48 AM)bpain Wrote:  anyone familiar with this school? it claims to be the largest religious university in the world counting online users. they teach Young Earth Creationism.

I lived there for almost a decade during and after I went to college at another college there. The "strict" part is a joke. Yes the rules are written but it still depends on which RA a dorm gets and when I lived there I knew some of their students and many of the RA's attitude was "I don't care, just don't get caught". Many of the student would sign themselves out, go to parties and simply spend the weekend off campus.

After I graduated from another school there, I witnessed many Liberty students partying off campus.

Liberty is a joke. It is a degree mill.

It is a joke and 1/2.
A bastion of ignorance on the East Coast, as Biola is on the West Coast. Fuck. How can anyone be so stupid as to actually PAY them $21,000 a year to be taught that crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-04-2016, 12:09 PM

Yeah, that's Jerry Falwell's school.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
14-04-2016, 01:56 PM
the Falwell's started a church named Thomas Road Baptist Church decades before the school and the history seems to be quite intertwined with other historical things such as the Civil War, World War 2 and even Thomas Jefferson and his discrete ways.

I've managed to piece together quite the theory about all of it but i'm unsure of how to present it or who would be interested.
This place.... it's a beautiful evil true story and even a fiction story can change the world
[+] 1 user Likes bpain's post
14-04-2016, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2016 02:16 PM by bpain.)
short version is that I think these institutions flourish because they are deeply rooted in the intelligence community. religion serves as the perfect tool for overthrowing governments or 'fixing' them, therefore there is a good chance agencies such as the cia use the school's students who go away on missions for example.

this is why YEC's don't budge on issues even when they lose, it's because they are serving a higher purpose for the USA in secret even if we don't like the tactic.
14-04-2016, 02:58 PM
To the OP: I think you're giving the institution (and the intelligence community) WAY too much credit
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 4 users Like Reducetarian's post
14-04-2016, 03:18 PM
(14-04-2016 02:58 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  To the OP: I think you're giving the institution (and the intelligence community) WAY too much credit
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

maybe but in a way the american engine is their plaything on the underground
14-04-2016, 03:41 PM
(14-04-2016 01:56 PM)bpain Wrote:  ... it's a beautiful evil true story and even a fiction story can change the world

No need to bring up the Bible. Dodgy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post