Libya Rebels: US to Send Gadhafi Opponents $25 Million in Aid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Video Libya Rebels: US to Send Gadhafi Opponents $25 Million in Aid
Libya Rebels: US to Send Gadhafi Opponents $25 Million in Aid

April 20, 2011 2:51 PM

ABC's Kirit Radia reports from the State Department: (ABC News Blog)

Oh, and it only get's better!

Friday, April 22, 2011 INTELLIGENCE BRIEFING

U.S. okays non-lethal military surplus equipment to Libyan rebels

Hot Air April 22, 2011 by Ed Morrissey
Video: Who’s in charge of the Libyan rebel army?

It’s no small question, not for the generals involved, not for the Libyan rebels, and certainly not for the Obama administration. The top two commanders in the field are Abdul Fatah Younis, Moammar Gaddafi’s former Interior Minister whose defection was an early key for the rebellion’s credibility, and Khalifa Belqasim Haftar, who defected from Libya more than two decades ago after the humiliating defeat of the war with Chad. Both claim to be leading the armed forces, and the rift and dissension in the chain of command could disrupt what little military resistance the rebels can muster against Gaddafi: (More @ link)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goes a long way to explain those "rising gas prices". And of course, how there's not enough money in the U.S. budget, what with the need for cuts to help lower the deficit, to fund medicare and medicaid, but instead cut's are needed! Not to mention "Planned Parenthood" being a fulcrum point of contention for the GOP!

Let's just hope all this works out as wonderfully as it did when the U.S. created the Taliban and funded that Afghan campaign to fight Soviet Russia's invasion of the country. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2011, 10:05 AM
RE: Libya Rebels: US to Send Gadhafi Opponents $25 Million in Aid
We really need to get rid of W. Jr. (Stephen Harper) here in Canada or we'll wind up in the same boat. As much as I agree with helping the Libyans with their plight I can't help but wonder why the Americans keep throwing their shit around when they clearly can't afford to. Leave it to the Brits, they'll fill in the void.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2011, 10:12 AM
(24-04-2011 10:05 AM)Green Wrote:  We really need to get rid of W. Jr. (Stephen Harper) here in Canada or we'll wind up in the same boat. As much as I agree with helping the Libyans with their plight I can't help but wonder why the Americans keep throwing their shit around when they clearly can't afford to. Leave it to the Brits, they'll fill in the void.
I might be ok with helping them too...if we had taken the time to clean up our messes in Iraq and Afghanistan. At this point I'm so sick of my money going to violence I'm wondering if I could be a conscientious objector through taxes: The money you are taking from me doesn't go to a damn thing I want or support, so stop taking my damn money. Call me back when we start spending more on education than we do on killing people.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
24-04-2011, 10:31 AM
That's a whole separate issue which I totally agree with, I won't go too far into the politics suffice it to say I'm sick of my government ignoring everyone, career politicians are a plague. We need Plato's republic up in this bitch.

As for Afghanistan and Iraq that would be a nice mess to be rid of but, let's be serious here, there's no way that's ending any time soon. You know what the sad thing is? If they had been left alone maybe they'd have revolted on their own just like the Egyptians and Libyans and then the west wouldn't be demonized.

24-04-2011, 11:09 AM
As it stands the west will gain power over the intervened ones and Egypt will probably be very anti-west. When foreign governments expend resources for someone else's wars they never leave empty handed.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-04-2011, 06:46 PM
I just don't get why there can't be a UN taskforce funded by ALL member nations and with the scope of installing a transitional government to provide free speech and free elections.
Like this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nati...n_Cambodia

I swear the UN is so fucking impotent sometimes and all these other foreign powers exploit various countries they "help" and then westerners wonder why the whole world hates them. (I'm not just talking about yanks , mind you)

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Children in chemical attack video were kidnapped by rebels then killed later. I and I 19 677 15-09-2013 07:20 PM
Last Post: I and I
  Will Syrian Rebels attack Israel to get US intervention? I and I 0 172 12-09-2013 09:25 AM
Last Post: I and I
  Voices of the syrian rebels and citizens in Ghoutta I and I 11 358 31-08-2013 08:07 PM
Last Post: cjlr
  Who do you support, Assad or the Syrian rebels? That Icelandic 5 513 30-01-2013 12:40 AM
Last Post: BryanS
Rainbow Jury awards gay cop $1.1 million in harassment, retaliation lawsuit GassyKitten 3 612 21-05-2011 12:47 PM
Last Post: gaglamesh731
Rainbow Gay Marriage Opponents Ask Appeals Court to Reinstate 2008 Ban GassyKitten 14 1,280 07-04-2011 01:23 PM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude
  And So It Begins) U.S. launches first missiles against Gadhafi forces GassyKitten 5 529 22-03-2011 06:33 PM
Last Post: BnW