Lie To Them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 12:58 AM
RE: Lie To Them
(24-08-2015 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:"The only way you can control people is to lie to them."

No it isn't. Incentive's also works. ie: Do X and I'll give you Y.

I agree.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 03:20 AM by Dark Light.)
(24-08-2015 11:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 10:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That's bribery, and it only works until you give them the thing you promised, or they no longer believe you will keep your promise. Religion uses a special type of bribery, which implements the use of lies. They convince people that they will get something in return for their sacrifices and obedience which can only be delivered after death, so that many people will never discover that they's been hoodwinked; scandalous, ingenious, and downright evil.

Strawman. The only thing the original statement claimed was that you had to lie to get people to do what you want. I disagreed claiming that incentives will get people to do what you want, no lying required. Nowhere is it mentioned that incentives can't continue to be given to keep the person doing what you want or that the person was dishonest in the giving of the incentive.

An example would be work places. They agree to pay you money in exchange for you doing work. No lying is required in such a relationship.

I never disagreed with you, you silly anti-muffdiver! Laughat

I merely stated how it worked in the example alluded to.

25-08-2015, 03:58 AM
(24-08-2015 07:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Just how woo can qqq go?

Never ask a question when you don't want the answer. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-08-2015, 06:25 AM
(24-08-2015 07:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Quoting L. Ron Hubbard...

Consider

Just how woo can qqq go?

I was just stunned to see a post that actually could be understood and wasn't just conjugating the verb "to universe".... Iverse, Youverse, Theyverse,...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-08-2015, 06:38 AM
Quote:qqq--..."The only way you can control people is to lie to them."

Apparrently some believe that statement and others do not ergo the following statement may relate to it;

..."Lying is saying something with the intent of creating a false belief or impression. It’s an attempt to get someone to believe something that is not true.".....

Quote:..."We deceive other people because we think it serves our purposes in some way."...
..."Lies are typically motivated by a desire to get other people to either do something or not do something, or to make a decision in the favor of the person doing the lying. .... But many times, a person will lie because of pride or fear."....Pride = ego"

I-verse is basis of pride - ego and for all that relates to or associates with I-verse.

q3Heart
25-08-2015, 06:54 AM
You can also control people by using sound, rational arguments. You can also use honest emotional appeal to convince people to trust you because you love them for example.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
25-08-2015, 07:43 AM
(25-08-2015 03:14 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 11:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Strawman. The only thing the original statement claimed was that you had to lie to get people to do what you want. I disagreed claiming that incentives will get people to do what you want, no lying required. Nowhere is it mentioned that incentives can't continue to be given to keep the person doing what you want or that the person was dishonest in the giving of the incentive.

An example would be work places. They agree to pay you money in exchange for you doing work. No lying is required in such a relationship.

I never disagreed with you, you silly anti-muffdiver! Laughat

I never alluded to religion. It had actually never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. The original example I was thinking as I was typing my first was was a parent offering a child a piece of chocolate as a reward for doing something.
25-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Q3 - Respectfully, do you have mild Asperger's Syndrome? I have never known any adults with it, but I used to know a couple of kids who had it, and their use of written language was similar: very complex ideas that were brilliant when they were able to communicate in a way that the rest of us could understand, but often focused on what seemed to be trivial elements of the etymology and details of grammar structure in a way that rendered it "word salad" to the rest of us.

Again, I'm not being insulting here. Just curious, since your attempts to re-explain yourself without actually changing much of what you wrote (can't explain word salad with more salad) also strike me as evidence.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-08-2015, 09:11 AM
(25-08-2015 07:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 03:14 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I never disagreed with you, you silly anti-muffdiver! Laughat

I never alluded to religion. It had actually never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. The original example I was thinking as I was typing my first was was a parent offering a child a piece of chocolate as a reward for doing something.

Not by you, dingbat, by the OP.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
25-08-2015, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 05:37 PM by qqq.)
(25-08-2015 08:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Q3 - Respectfully, do you have mild Asperger's Syndrome?

Respectully 76, no one has ever questioned my mental abilities, except in these forums where there exist clique's of seeming glue sniffers, that appear to have lost some brain cells and have sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity.

76, my first job was at a Union 76 station and we use to give away those little orange and blue 76 styrofroam balls to put on antennas and so many people love them because they helped to pull in those FM stations in their autos.

PLease try to address my comments as stated, in regards to the the topic in general and drop the irrelevant divergencies or move along to a thread, where glue sniffing is encouraged. Thx.

Heart q3 Drinking Beverage