Lie To Them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Lie To Them
(25-08-2015 05:12 PM)qqq Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 08:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Q3 - Respectfully, do you have mild Asperger's Syndrome?

Respectully 76, no one has ever questioned my mental abilities, except in these forums where there exist clique's of seeming glue sniffers, that appear to have lost some brain cells and have sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity.

76, my first job was at a Union 76 station and we use to give away those little orange and blue 76 styrofroam balls to put on antennas and so many people love them because they helped to pull in those FM stations in their autos.

PLease try to address my comments as stated or the topic in general and drop the irrelevant divergencies or move along to a thread, where glue sniffing is encouraged. Thx.

Heart q3 Drinking Beverage

DJJ is that you?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 08:49 PM
(25-08-2015 06:38 AM)qqq Wrote:  
Quote:qqq--..."The only way you can control people is to lie to them."

Apparrently some believe that statement and others do not ergo the following statement may relate to it;

..."Lying is saying something with the intent of creating a false belief or impression. It’s an attempt to get someone to believe something that is not true.".....

Quote:..."We deceive other people because we think it serves our purposes in some way."...
..."Lies are typically motivated by a desire to get other people to either do something or not do something, or to make a decision in the favor of the person doing the lying. .... But many times, a person will lie because of pride or fear."....Pride = ego"

I-verse is basis of pride - ego and for all that relates to or associates with I-verse.

q3Heart

Gotta be honest, this strikes me like you've taken Freudian psychology and thrown out the Id, Ego, and Super-Ego and just added various 'verses' in their places as explanatory ideas. And then maybe hit it with a bat.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
25-08-2015, 08:59 PM
(25-08-2015 08:49 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Gotta be honest, this strikes me like you've taken Freudian psychology and thrown out the Id, Ego, and Super-Ego and just added various 'verses' in their places as explanatory ideas. And then maybe hit it with a bat.

Here is link to word verse. In two other threads I pretty much began with the word "U"niverse and Universe

I did not concoct the word "verse" or its attachement to the prefix uni.

If you want to have a sincere, rational, logical common sense conversation, then you may need to start by supporting the idea of having all the glue sniffers do the same, or, have them go elsewhere, where glue sniffing is encouraged.

I'm not into glue sniffing. It rots the brain. imho. I prefer whats stated above.

25-08-2015, 09:18 PM
(25-08-2015 08:59 PM)qqq Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 08:49 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Gotta be honest, this strikes me like you've taken Freudian psychology and thrown out the Id, Ego, and Super-Ego and just added various 'verses' in their places as explanatory ideas. And then maybe hit it with a bat.

Here is link to word verse. In two other threads I pretty much began with the word "U"niverse and Universe

And here is a link to the etymology of the word 'universe'.

As it shows, you are using the incorrect 'verse' in referring to the general word, as opposed to the original component. An easy to understand error, but a significant one nonetheless if you are going to superimpose the modern definition into a word where it has no actual attachment.

(25-08-2015 08:59 PM)qqq Wrote:  I did not concoct the word "verse" or its attachement to the prefix uni.

But you did use it incorrectly.

(25-08-2015 08:59 PM)qqq Wrote:  If you want to have a sincere, rational, logical common sense conversation, then you may need to start by supporting the idea of having all the glue sniffers do the same, or, have them go elsewhere, where glue sniffing is encouraged.

I'm not into glue sniffing. It rots the brain. imho. I prefer whats stated above.

Personally, I'm not a fan of calling people I disagree with 'glue sniffers'. All it would do is lose me what little credibility I might have in an argument.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
25-08-2015, 09:48 PM
(25-08-2015 08:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Q3 - Respectfully, do you have mild Asperger's Syndrome? I have never known any adults with it, but I used to know a couple of kids who had it, and their use of written language was similar: very complex ideas that were brilliant when they were able to communicate in a way that the rest of us could understand, but often focused on what seemed to be trivial elements of the etymology and details of grammar structure in a way that rendered it "word salad" to the rest of us.

Again, I'm not being insulting here. Just curious, since your attempts to re-explain yourself without actually changing much of what you wrote (can't explain word salad with more salad) also strike me as evidence.

My autistic son has a similar fascination with the derivations/sources of words, as well as focusing on elements of a concept that many thinkers would consider peripheral. My son, though, doesn't get anywhere near as hostile as q3 when his ideas are challenged.

There are lots of things my son doesn't understand about how other people perceive the world. For example, if I ask him what he likes about a particular song and part of the preference is for the song's key, he acts as though I'm missing something if I don't immediately say, oh, that song's in Eb, that's why you like it, is there anything else you like about it? He has perfect pitch and knows the key automatically and has his own associations with the key, while I only have good relative pitch; key is not something that makes me like or dislike a song, and my son has a hard time getting past that. It's not a perfect analogy with q3, but I have a feeling there are elements of his thinking that are both unique and not well articulated by him (and that maybe we still wouldn't feel are relevant to this discussion), maybe linked somehow with the colors he keeps using.

(As for adults with mild Asperger's, that would include me, and I'm mostly rational. I hope. I don't pretend to be scientific and acknowledge that some science/philosophy concepts are probably more than I might be able to understand)
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
26-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Julep - It was not a smear against Asperger's Syndrome, and the kids I knew were actually pretty severe cases, much closer to the description of your son in terms of their fixations. Of course, as you know, Asperger's is a subset of autism. I agree with you that the fascination with the colors and the fixation on that particular (if wrong) etymology of universe suggests a neurological condition, and in my opinion a fairly severe one.

However, I am not a psychologist, and my training in the subject is extremely limited, so I will not pretend expertise on it and offer only semi-informed guesses. The more information I can acquire on this, the better. I learned a lot from your post, and I like the way you communicate. Thank you for educating me. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 01:30 AM
(25-08-2015 05:12 PM)qqq Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 08:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Q3 - Respectfully, do you have mild Asperger's Syndrome?

Respectully 76, no one has ever questioned my mental abilities, except in these forums where there exist clique's of seeming glue sniffers, that appear to have lost some brain cells and have sad lack of moral and intellectual integrity.

Respectfully, I beg to call BS. Many elements of the way you communicate indicate that you may have some form of neurological impairment, though I lack the expertise to diagnose it accurately. This is not a judgement but my best attempt to understand what I am seeing/reading from you, including the unwarranted insults and accusations.

I have been accused of many things in my day, mostly related to misconceptions about my scientific knowledge or my atheism, but I have never been accused of a lack of intellectual integrity. If anything, other than a penchant for empathy beyond the apparent human norm that leads me to be more of a "Crusader" in defense of the helpless than my friends find comfortable, the primary personality trait for which I am remarked by others is my intellectual integrity.

(25-08-2015 05:12 PM)qqq Wrote:  76, my first job was at a Union 76 station and we use to give away those little orange and blue 76 styrofroam balls to put on antennas and so many people love them because they helped to pull in those FM stations in their autos.

You think that styrofoam conducts electromagnetic radiation? Polystyrene, even in a foamed state, has electrons which are not free, and thus it is an insulator, not a conductor, and would hinder radio reception, not help it. The amount of the antenna that is covered (insulated) is small, so the loss of reception would be minuscule, but nevertheless it would be measurable.

(25-08-2015 05:12 PM)qqq Wrote:  PLease try to address my comments as stated, in regards to the the topic in general and drop the irrelevant divergencies or move along to a thread, where glue sniffing is encouraged. Thx.

While I understand that you use the term "glue-sniffing" in the same way we would use the term "Drink the Kool-Aid" (which is, by the way, unfair to the Kool Aid® brand, as the Jonestown Massacre was enacted with generic Flavor-Aid®, not the major brand that unfortunately got saddled with the bad name), you should be extremely careful in suggesting that the reason we do not agree with you is because we are a clique that attacks outsiders. If you take a moment to look at the way we address everyone else on here, we are quite friendly to everything but demonstrably-mistaken assertions and/or logical fallacies... or, of course, unwarranted personal attacks.

I have been trying to be kind about your post, but since you ask us, repeatedly, to "address" it, I will do so.

1) Your link is nonsensical, because the word "universe" is derived from "uni" + "verse" in a different way than you are suggesting. While the roots literally mean "one turning" or "turned into one", the Latin word which made its way into our language through the Norman-French actually meant "all together, all in one, whole, entire, [or] relating to all". You cannot break it apart again into its components and make new meaning from it, without giving a significant degree of explanation of the new etymological explanation you are offering, and frankly, your post does not cut it.

2) Almost literally everyone in this forum has read a number of books on the subject of dimensional space, and your assertions about our individual connection to these dimensions is, as we call it, "woo", with no basis in physics as we understand it. If you wish to propose a mechanism for these things, fine, we can discuss what you feel is your evidence and why it counts as evidence for the things you are proposing (as opposed to other explanations).

3) When we asked you to clean up your ideas and present them in a way we could follow (see above), you instead resorted to massive repetition of your original post, with hardly a change, and kept insisting that the fault was in your audience. That is not effective communication. My mother is a speech professor, and one of the fundamental things taught on day one of any speech class is that the speaker is responsible for the audience's ability to understand the encoded message that the speaker wishes them do decode into an understanding, and that many of the things that seem "plain" to the speaker will not be plain to the audience who is not inside the mind of the speaker. I strongly recommend you read a good book or other medium that can help you with your communication issues, and cease with the attacks against people who have done you no wrong except to point out the errors in your current approach. You should thank them, not attack them. It is how we (and all rational/educated people) operate, even with each other. We hold everyone, including the "clique" you have asserted, to this standard; why should you be any different?

As I stated in the other thread, many of us here (myself included) have genius-level IQs, and while IQ is not a perfect method of recording intelligence, there is little doubt that we are on average among the brightest people you are likely to find on an internet forum, and you should not attack our intelligence for reasons I have stated above... and for principles of basic human decency.

If you insist on attacking us and calling us "glue sniffers" and morons, I will choose to show you the same degree of respect--none--and will choose ignore you. Doubtless, many of the people on this forum have already chosen to do so. That is not an outcome I wish to see. So please, take a while to reflect on what I have said and work on a better approach, for your own sake and for ours.

Good luck.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 06:28 AM
(24-08-2015 10:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That's bribery, and it only works until you give them the thing you promised,

Unless it's heroin or crack. Those are the gifts that keep on giving. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Quote:Free Thought---And here is a link to the etymology of the word 'universe'.

So what. Youre repeating what Ive posted link to definition of word Universe in my Cosmic Hierarchy thread. What is the point of doing so? You posting this definition appear to me to infer that I dont understand how to define the word Universe.

Your not only incorrect in your asssement you do not appear to realize Ive expanded upon clarifications for three ways of consideration of the word Universe and elaborate and clarify in my initial post and post #14 in my Cosmic Heirarchy thread.

Did you read my initial post in m My Cosmic Hierarchy thread, FT?

Quote:As it shows, you are using the incorrect 'verse' in referring to the general word, as opposed to the original component.

Where exactly am I in error. Your not being addressing any specific comment by me ergo your generalizing all of my comments.

Quote:An easy to understand error, but a significant one nonetheless if you are going to superimpose the modern definition into a word where it has no actual attachment.

Again FT, you need to address the specific statement by that you believe is in errror in regards to word or suffix verse and Universe..
Quote:But you did use it incorrectly.

Again, your need to address specific statements by me if you going to make claims of and error.

Quote:Personally, I'm not a fan of calling people I disagree with 'glue sniffers'. All it would do is lose me what little credibility I might have in an argument.

You can judge me better when you have been in shoes walking the guanlet of glue sniffers in Cosmic Heirarchy thread.

26-08-2015, 06:41 AM
(25-08-2015 06:54 AM)epronovost Wrote:  You can also control people by using sound, rational arguments.

Maybe minority of them. If one wants to control then I would say it is better to say them what they want to hear. Finding scapegoat also could be useful.

Arguments that appear rational though could be a good stuff, especially when one presents them using (quasi)scientific language.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.