Lie To Them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 07:00 AM
RE: Lie To Them
Quote:RocketSurgeon76---You think that styrofoam conducts electromagnetic radiation?

I was not making that claim, I was relating claims of others who were customers of Union 76 where I worked.

Quote:... you should be extremely careful in suggesting that the reason we do not agree with you is because we are a clique that attacks outsiders.

First off, you mistake a long listo f those who claim non-sense, as "disagreement" with my claims. This is a misdiagnois on your part is the first evidence that you have no intentions of playing fair with me i.e. lack of moral integrity. imho

and the evidence of others is abundant in three of threads Ive initiated. You can better judge me when youve walked a mile in my shoes within the guanlet of glue snifffers that I have. You have not.

Quote:If you take a moment to look at the way we address everyone else on here, we are quite friendly to everything but demonstrably-mistaken assertions and/or logical fallacies... or, of course, unwarranted personal attacks.

You need to begin with my Cosmic Heirarchy thread. IF you still feel that way, then your not only in denial....

I

Quote:1) Your link is nonsensical, because the word "universe" is derived from "uni" + "verse" in a different way than you are suggesting.

Huh? I gave a link to word Universe in this thread? I think if you want to disscuss how to define how to define comments in reference to Universe, you need to address them in the thread that has actuall gone into great detail.

Copy your text and beign this conversation there. If you do, please notify me in this thread also as it is becomiing inreasing difficult to keep track of the many posting/posters in that thread. Please and thank you.

This thread was directed more Lie To Them.

Heart q3 Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 08:52 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
QQQ - You know that we have the ability to read more than one thread at a time, and that we can retain the essence of an argument across the (imaginary) barrier of "another thread"?

You. Are. Operating. From. A. Wrong. Definition. Of. Universe.

Your false etymology is to take the word "verse", in its modern sense, and split the modern word "universe" into "uni" (one, in the original sense) and "verse" in the modern sense.

But the words did not evolve into English that way. Universe is comprised of Latin roots via French and means "everything in one", essentially, while "verse" evolved further through the Germanic and took on a whole new set of meanings when used alone.

Etymology of Universe:

universe (n.)
1580s, "the whole world, cosmos, the totality of existing things," from Old French univers (12c.), from Latin universum "all things, everybody, all people, the whole world," noun use of neuter of adjective universus "all together, all in one, whole, entire, relating to all," literally "turned into one," from unus "one" (see one) + versus, past participle of vertere "to turn" (see versus).

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=universe

Etymology of Verse:

verse (n.)
late Old English (replacing Old English fers, an early West Germanic borrowing directly from Latin), "line or section of a psalm or canticle," later "line of poetry" (late 14c.), from Anglo-French and Old French vers "line of verse; rhyme, song," from Latin versus "a line, row, line of verse, line of writing," from PIE root *wer- (3) "to turn, bend" (see versus). The metaphor is of plowing, of "turning" from one line to another (vertere = "to turn") as a plowman does.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=verse

You are making a verbal equivalent of the false argument used by Creationists when discussing speciation, which is to fail to understand that a portion of a population can evolve into a different species while the original population remains essentially as it originally was on the evolutionary timescale.

When you split the word "universe" into its modern English components and apply the newly-acquired definition of verse (even though rooted in the same "turn over" meaning it originally had, but applied in a new fashion to mean something else), which evolved separately, you are being disingenuous about how language is employed.

Then you launch into a huge derivation based upon the initial error described above.

That is why we pointed out to you the simple "you are using it wrong", without going into further detail. Logic is a process that depends on your premises. You started with a false premise, so pointing to your logic is irrelevant, as logic will take a set of false premises to a false conclusion. That is not reasonable, which is our standard here.

Edit to Add: Since you seem to be hung up on the difference between threads, I will post this in the other thread as well.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 08:47 AM
(26-08-2015 07:00 AM)qqq Wrote:  I think if you want to disscuss how to define how to define comments in reference to Universe, you need to address them in the thread that has actuall gone into great detail.

It's in your siggy, d-bag. And spell check is a thing - use it.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-08-2015, 08:50 AM
(26-08-2015 08:45 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  QQQ - You know that we have the ability to read more than one thread at a time, and that we can retain the essence of an argument across the (imaginary) barrier of "another thread"?

You. Are. Operating. From. A. Wrong. Definition. Of. Universe.

Your false etymology is to take the word "verse", in its modern sense, and split the modern word "universe" into "uni" (one, in the original sense) and "verse" in the modern sense.

But the words did not evolve into English that way. Universe is comprised of Latin roots and means "everything in one", essentially, while "verse" evolved further and took on a whole new set of meanings when used alone.

Etymology of Universe:

universe (n.)
1580s, "the whole world, cosmos, the totality of existing things," from Old French univers (12c.), from Latin universum "all things, everybody, all people, the whole world," noun use of neuter of adjective universus "all together, all in one, whole, entire, relating to all," literally "turned into one," from unus "one" (see one) + versus, past participle of vertere "to turn" (see versus).

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=universe

Etymology of Verse:

verse (n.)
late Old English (replacing Old English fers, an early West Germanic borrowing directly from Latin), "line or section of a psalm or canticle," later "line of poetry" (late 14c.), from Anglo-French and Old French vers "line of verse; rhyme, song," from Latin versus "a line, row, line of verse, line of writing," from PIE root *wer- (3) "to turn, bend" (see versus). The metaphor is of plowing, of "turning" from one line to another (vertere = "to turn") as a plowman does.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=verse

You are making a verbal equivalent of the false argument used by Creationists when discussing speciation, which is to fail to understand that a portion of a population can evolve into a different species while the original population remains essentially as it originally was on the evolutionary timescale.

When you split the word "universe" into its modern English components and apply the newly-acquired definition of verse (even though rooted in the same "turn over" meaning it originally had, but applied in a new fashion to mean something else), which evolved separately, you are being disingenuous about how language is employed.

Then you launch into a huge derivation based upon the initial error described above.

That is why we pointed out to you the simple "you are using it wrong", without going into further detail. Logic is a process that depends on your premises. You started with a false premise, so pointing to your logic is irrelevant, as logic will take a set of false premises to a false conclusion. That is not reasonable, which is our standard here.

76, you totally left out the opportunity to throw in random 3s in various colors. Such as after "false argument" and "fail to understand" and "disingenuous."

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
26-08-2015, 09:52 AM
(25-08-2015 05:12 PM)qqq Wrote:  76, my first job was at a Union 76 station and we use to give away those little orange and blue 76 styrofroam balls to put on antennas and so many people love them because they helped to pull in those FM stations in their autos.
Styrofoam..... helped "pull" in radio transmissions?
Yeah..... no.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
26-08-2015, 09:58 AM
What a quackish, quarrelsome quibbler.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
26-08-2015, 10:33 AM
(26-08-2015 09:58 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  What a quackish, quarrelsome quibbler.

Yes, he's quite quaintly querulous

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
26-08-2015, 11:31 AM
I agree, guys, but you're forgetting the "color trivium", in his attempts to "educate us", that Nurse pointed out.

I'm gonna agree with Nurse and say he's a Quotidian "Quixotic Quiz" generator of the kind we see every day here.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 02:59 PM
(26-08-2015 08:45 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Since you seem to be hung up on the difference between threads, I will post this in the other thread as well.

thx, the name of that threads is My Cosmic Heirarchy. And again, the reason being, is that I covered much of this Universe stuff in more detail there.

q3
26-08-2015, 03:04 PM
(26-08-2015 02:59 PM)qqq Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 08:45 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Since you seem to be hung up on the difference between threads, I will post this in the other thread as well.

thx, the name of that threads is My Cosmic Heirarchy. And again, the reason being, is that I covered much of this Universe stuff in more detail there.

q3

[Image: 2yoxqoj.jpg]

[Image: 2mqn6sw.gif]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post