"Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2012, 12:39 PM
"Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell"
"Lies straight from the pit of hell."

That's how this American politician characterizes evolution, embryology, and the big bang theory.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/06...44808.html

Paul Broun is a Republican congressman from Georgia. And . . . hold on to your hat . . . he's a high-ranking member of the House Science Committee.

Sometimes you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: "Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell"
Did that surprise you? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
06-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Maybe, growing up and living in and around Chicago, and being exposed to a varied, diverse, and over all intelligent society..... the more I watch videos like these, the more I end up telling myself...
This has to be some sort of global joke. This is all just for show and at some point in the future all these morons will come out and say "Gotcha!!"...right?
I mean, no one can really be this stupid.... right?

Then reality sinks in, I realize there really are people out there like that....

Sadcryface2

[Image: 2aane4j.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like LostLocke's post
06-10-2012, 01:09 PM
It just makes me cry. It sucks to have to fight for truth and reality. It's a little weird even. How can bronze age stuff still exist? Blows my mind. Every. Single. Time.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
06-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Is it just a case of "knowing his audience"? I really hope so. Better a hypocrite with power than a buffoon with power (George W as an example).

but it does make you wish that a few hundred years ago the native americans had had better weapons.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-10-2012, 01:48 PM
(06-10-2012 01:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Is it just a case of "knowing his audience"? I really hope so. Better a hypocrite with power than a buffoon with power (George W as an example).

I don't think so. I get a strong sense he believes every word he says.

And he's running for re-election unopposed. No

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
06-10-2012, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 02:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
So if you look him up, in his work history, he apparently took no training, after his MD degree, (or couldn't get into a residency program), as no one would have hired him. He practiced ONLY as a "house call" concierge-type physician, (for rich people), as no credentialing body would credential him, or staff would have him, without training. I can't tell, if or where he did his one year post MD training to get his licenseure, but if he had completed any board training, he would state it, and he doesn't.
So he's a quack doctor.

So, to him I say : "Before we start, I think it's useful, to put all this in context. Dr. Broun. In the 21st Century, in 2012, you actually intellectually consent to, and affirm, that there are real actual devils and angels in THIS room, and they can actually and really possess you and I, and that they are sent from hell to get me, just such as was seen in the movie, "The Exorcist", and just as "exorcism" is taught and practiced by your church. OK. Now that the context of the level of this discussion is established, and we all understand what we're dealing with here, and what playing field we're actually playing on, we will continue."

OMf'nG. And this man actually is in Congress.
Run while you can.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-10-2012, 02:48 PM
(06-10-2012 01:48 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 01:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Is it just a case of "knowing his audience"? I really hope so. Better a hypocrite with power than a buffoon with power (George W as an example).

I don't think so. I get a strong sense he believes every word he says.

Well, if you guys keep electing these idiots, it won't be too long before the US implodes and the Chinese superpower can restore discipline and order and atheism.

I'm looking forward to it.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-10-2012, 02:55 PM
(06-10-2012 01:03 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  Maybe, growing up and living in and around Chicago, and being exposed to a varied, diverse, and over all intelligent society..... the more I watch videos like these, the more I end up telling myself...
This has to be some sort of global joke. This is all just for show and at some point in the future all these morons will come out and say "Gotcha!!"...right?
I mean, no one can really be this stupid.... right?

Then reality sinks in, I realize there really are people out there like that....

Sadcryface2

Quite simply, they are not as dumb as they act. I believe that most of these lying politicians are atheists hiding deep in the closet. The people they pander to are that dumb and some even dumber. I believe whole heartedly that the politicians are just lying about faith. They say they are christian. Well, I married a christian. My wife is nothing like they are. They lie, cheat, steal, and many other immoral things. They must claim to be christian in order to get votes. If at some point atheists outnumber the religious, they (politicians) will all of a sudden have a deconversion. If at some point muslims the other religions and atheists, the politicians will all claim to believe in islam and everyone is completely fucked.
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
06-10-2012, 03:01 PM
(06-10-2012 02:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 01:48 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I don't think so. I get a strong sense he believes every word he says.

Well, if you guys keep electing these idiots, it won't be too long before the US implodes and the Chinese superpower can restore discipline and order and atheism.

I'm looking forward to it.

Of course, that will be the death-knell of the rhinoceros and any other species that the woo-loving Chinese believe has medicinal powers. Fucking woo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post