Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Life.
(Warning. This following is written under the influence of extremely heavy prescribed drugs.)

Life. We all are lucky to be alive. Many are scared of the end of life. As if their personalities are something to preserve so the universe needs forever to function.

Recently when I listened to DLJ on the God Talk radio show, that was the impression I got from one of the members. He believes in a god to deflect his fear of death.

The other calls himself a Dr, but is in fact unallowed to practice, having lost his licence.

Life is tough. Ask any animal being chased down by lions. Or a polar bear dying from wounds received from a walrus while trying to eat.

People trying to give up a simple thing like smoking. How do I do this? Answer: Grow some balls.

Does one expect adulthood to resemble childhood where everything is provided. "Oh no. Responsibilities???"

Life was not meant to be easy. Everything dies eventually. But death offers no pain. Though it may be painful to die.

Pain has many forms. Heartache and loss, a broken bone etc. One can get used to this also. Provided one has the guts.

I once gave myself a hemorrhoid operation while on a tour in the bush armed with a mirror and a razor blade. The gig that night was far more comfortable.

Me, I face death daily. However I focus on life. To wake up and to love and live, as Marcus said, is wonderful. And it is enough.

In my view religion is ignorance coupled with cowardice and I have zero respect for it. Nor those who follow. Even those who gave it up are lesser beings in my mind. I saw through it at 4. What's their problem? But as Rocket pointed out in another thread, I have no experience of being raised in a very religious community. Or any community for that matter. Nor knowing the love one derives from a family. Certainly not a religious family.

For those who are religious, grow a pair. You die. You piss shit and have sex like every other animal. You are NOT special. In fact if you believe in a religion you are less evolved and a child even at 70.

Hopefully these idiots will die off as science shows more facts about the actual universe. Sadly I see fear dragging humans reverting to superstition. Again under the self important idea their personalities are worthy of preservation.

People will take advantage of your kindness.
They will not appreciate you.
They will rip you off.
Rape you.
Be selfish.
Etc etc etc.

I myself have survived a murder attempt and a rape attempt.

We live as animals. We die as animals.

This is life. And it is also death.

Get used to it.

The word Afterlife is an oxymoron.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Banjo's post
06-09-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Life.
Hug
06-09-2016, 12:20 PM
And in the meantime, there's a few beers to drink, a few women to love and you can always get a pizza delivered...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Amen.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
06-09-2016, 01:30 PM
(06-09-2016 12:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  People trying to give up a simple thing like smoking. How do I do this? Answer: Grow some balls.

:checks down below: got some already. Don't be so quick to speak down to those struggling with nicotine addiction. I've heard it's tougher to leave behind than heroin. You sacrifice your humanity when you distance yourself from the common man's struggles attributing them to mere cowardice. Open your heart. To be in the company of others, supported by that comaraderie, is a powerful force for good and would provide comfort by my mind. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Pragmatix's post
06-09-2016, 01:54 PM
(06-09-2016 12:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  (Warning. This following is written under the influence of extremely heavy prescribed drugs.)

Everything you said made perfect sense.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
06-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Yer a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is, mate. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
06-09-2016, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 03:30 PM by Loom.)
Life is awesome. Even when it's not.

Believing in an afterlife, especially eternal paradise, devalues the life you currently live.

How sad it must be to glance over your life, the only one you KNOW you have, living only for what you wishfully think awaits you after your death.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
06-09-2016, 02:56 PM
I got a lot more to say on the subject than my typical smartass one liners can cover. Maybe later when everyone's asleep and I'm not on my phone Tongue

'Murican Canadian
06-09-2016, 03:45 PM
[Image: bd00f33facf8b48dac042204b953cb9b16612fd2...ddaeeb.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin