Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Life
(07-07-2017 12:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 12:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The whole joke is that I get it, but I keep getting it. Some part of me must want a point. Angel

Of course you do, we all do. A reason to get up in the morning.

Thing is, it doesn't have to be a grand, mindboggling point. Nor does it have to be a long term goal. It may just be that you want to finish smoking this batch of weed first....

Currently I am waiting to see my Hydrangea tree blooming - it has buds. Hydrangeas don't normally come in tree form. I want to see what it looks like...

These days all my points seem to be about curiosity or gluttony. Drooling

I get up 'cause inertia.

I love my Gwynnies, but why? Every day gets to be..

but why?

Guess I have to love you, too. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-07-2017, 01:12 PM
(07-07-2017 12:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 12:45 PM)julep Wrote:  Sorry, that's an uncomfortable feeling. Makes me cranky when it hits, as well as too tired to do much to feel better.

Not fun to feel adrift; makes many people start looking for something to paddle towards. Harder to paddle with enthusiasm and energy when you know the point's self-created, sometimes.

I have issues, knowing that I'm insane. I don't wish to steer anyone wrong. I live by the 4, that I love my Gwynnies. But what is that, to the sane?

Shouldn't you know?

Shouldn't this be your god, not mine?

I wanna scream, let us believe!

But their gods are straight bullshit; I wanna believe in right if only not to be left behind.

Tell me a story that is not left...

You're an evangelist uncertain if the news you proclaim is truly good? (Maybe? That's my best guess, I'm in deeper waters than I can handle here.) I'm more selfish, I think. My god is the sensation that comes from making sense of this...a different kind of sense every time I try at it...but I don't mind if no one else believes. And if it stops working for me I think/hope I can find something else.

[Image: f031be8ee9f83804c9d09341e7b2ddad3eaa8c44.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-07-2017, 01:19 PM
(07-07-2017 01:12 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 12:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I have issues, knowing that I'm insane. I don't wish to steer anyone wrong. I live by the 4, that I love my Gwynnies. But what is that, to the sane?

Shouldn't you know?

Shouldn't this be your god, not mine?

I wanna scream, let us believe!

But their gods are straight bullshit; I wanna believe in right if only not to be left behind.

You're an evangelist uncertain if the news you proclaim is truly good? (Maybe? That's my best guess, I'm in deeper waters than I can handle here.) I'm more selfish, I think. My god is the sensation that comes from making sense of this...a different kind of sense every time I try at it...but I don't mind if no one else believes. And if it stops working for me I think/hope I can find something else.

Does God ever stop being sensation? Refection?

Is there ever a God acceptable to both me and God? I'm not getting into a theistic argument, I'm merely asking questions.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2017, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 01:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-07-2017 01:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Refection?

Refection.

[Image: YK7uH7b.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-07-2017, 01:21 PM
(07-07-2017 12:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  But their gods are straight bullshit; I wanna believe in right if only not to be left behind.

Left behind what? Where are the bullshit gods taking them?

You stick with your Gwynnies, she is cute as a button and doesn't smite people who are "left behind". At least not on purpose. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-07-2017, 01:27 PM
(07-07-2017 01:11 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 12:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  Of course you do, we all do. A reason to get up in the morning.

Thing is, it doesn't have to be a grand, mindboggling point. Nor does it have to be a long term goal. It may just be that you want to finish smoking this batch of weed first....

Currently I am waiting to see my Hydrangea tree blooming - it has buds. Hydrangeas don't normally come in tree form. I want to see what it looks like...

These days all my points seem to be about curiosity or gluttony. Drooling

I get up 'cause inertia.

I love my Gwynnies, but why? Every day gets to be..

but why?

Because she's your muse Wink Why did Andy Warhol like Edie Sedgewick?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-07-2017, 01:37 PM
(07-07-2017 01:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 01:12 PM)julep Wrote:  You're an evangelist uncertain if the news you proclaim is truly good? (Maybe? That's my best guess, I'm in deeper waters than I can handle here.) I'm more selfish, I think. My god is the sensation that comes from making sense of this...a different kind of sense every time I try at it...but I don't mind if no one else believes. And if it stops working for me I think/hope I can find something else.

Does God ever stop being sensation? Refection?

Is there ever a God acceptable to both me and God? I'm not getting into a theistic argument, I'm merely asking questions.

Hell if I know! But my unsupported and unargued opinion is:

I hope not, no, and probably not.

--not eternal, either, but capable of providing the illusion/sensation of infinity, but I'm going way off anything particularly useful, as you've already figured that stuff out for yourself.
Hug
07-07-2017, 04:54 PM
(07-07-2017 12:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Have you ever gotten to the point where...

you're just like, there ain't no fucking point! Banana_zorro

I just wanna know because part of me must have believed in a point, because every fucking day....

Is this mid life crisis?
'cause it's hilarious. Laugh out load

Perhaps I'm weird (Ok admittedly I'm a fucking psycho/monster/weirdo/freak of nature), but I've never thought there was a point. I've always prolly sounded to most people like I'm suicidal, I've gotten used to people saying they are concerned for me. But fuck it I've survived the most real hell I could ever imagine, of course I'm a bitter asshole about it, of course I want the suffering to end. If I was gonna kill myself though I'd have done it back when I was 10 or so when I first started thinking about suicide. I always tell myself "Whelp there's always suicide" but that's more of an internal joke, I already know that's not an option I am interested in taking no matter how bad things get. It's not really bravery, it's more the high risk of failure that deter's me the most. followed by a desire to just once, even if just for a short while have the kinda life everyone else seems to have. I suppose when I was younger I may have created a point for a short time, but that point was suffering. Humans exist (or at least I existed) for the sole purpose of being a punching bag... To be fair, if there was any purpose in life that would be mine. Fuck that. I have no interest in being some cosmic punching bag, jesus suffered 3 whole fucking days.... fucking pussy. I've suffered non stop 36 years through more shit than he could ever imagine. Fuck that looser. But that's a shitty purpose in life, and since I make my own purpose I decided my purpose is.... well either video games, getting a job, finding happiness in whatever little crevices I can, and striving for something that doesn't make my life a total waste of my time.

I get this one shot before it's over, I'd really like to have something from my time here before I die. As unlikely as that seems to be, I still want it.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
07-07-2017, 05:24 PM
I was going to put a link to Nilsson's cartoon movie "The Point" here but sadly I see it has been removed from YouTube due to copyright which is not surprising but is disappointing. If you have any kind of movie service where you can watch it, it is awesome. The story is great and the music has something to say. It is about a boy who was banished from the Land of Point because he was born without a point (on his head.) The best I can do here is link one of the song clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2O3cUN8yWk

Seriously, try to find this whole movie if you can. It is, to this day, one of my all-time favorites. I saw it on TV in the late 1960s. And to this day it has two of my favorite quotes as well: "A point in every direction is the same as no point at all." And "You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear."

That movie is light and deep at the same time. It makes me happy. Gotta take it in little pieces wherever you can.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
07-07-2017, 05:53 PM
'Sup Johnny...worried about you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat