Life
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: Life
(05-12-2017 08:42 AM)Stoop Wrote:  
(05-12-2017 06:36 AM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  From what you have posted, it sounds like you live in a large city. Is that correct?
No, I live way out in the country, born and raised. I've only been working in the city for the past 9 months. I commute.

How do you feel about working in the city?

I sometimes have passionate arguments with myself that almost come to blows.
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2017, 09:21 AM
(04-12-2017 09:25 PM)Stoop Wrote:  On my way to work there are these three enormously tall towers off the side of the interstate. They must be a couple thousand feet tall. Every single day when I pass them I envision selling everything I own and taking an Uber out there one day, climbing to the top of one with a pistol, jumping off, then shooting myself in the head on the way down.

I really wish I were dead. I hate life so much I just wish I never existed. I'm not important anyway. The world will get up the next day and move right along just fine (better even) without me.

Why would you sell everything you own first?

Is there anything you like? Food? A color? An animal? Plants? Rain? Sunshine?

Sounds to me like you are thinking too much about what others do and think. What about yourself? Do you ever spoil yourself?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-12-2017, 09:10 PM
(05-12-2017 09:06 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(05-12-2017 08:42 AM)Stoop Wrote:  No, I live way out in the country, born and raised. I've only been working in the city for the past 9 months. I commute.

Have you ever considered moving to the city? If you lived there you might have more opportunities to interact with other people. And instead of worrying about whether others listen to you, it might help if you listen to them. Perhaps if you showed an interest in them they might become more interested in you.
No, it's not like that. You don't understand.
05-12-2017, 09:17 PM
This is why I said earlier that talking about it is pointless. That's because no one can possibly understand the issues of another person. They can only have a remote and superficial understanding at best. The simplistic advice most of you have given is part and parcel what I'm talking about. The problems are far more complex than you can understand, and only I truly understand this and am able to see what goes on in my life and how it affects me. I'm not ragging on you guys. I appreciate your support and help, but it just doesn't work because there's no way anyone can know anything about my life and my problems.
05-12-2017, 09:44 PM
(05-12-2017 09:17 PM)Stoop Wrote:  This is why I said earlier that talking about it is pointless. That's because no one can possibly understand the issues of another person. They can only have a remote and superficial understanding at best. The simplistic advice most of you have given is part and parcel what I'm talking about. The problems are far more complex than you can understand, and only I truly understand this and am able to see what goes on in my life and how it affects me. I'm not ragging on you guys. I appreciate your support and help, but it just doesn't work because there's no way anyone can know anything about my life and my problems.

Then if I might be so bold, why did you start this thread?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-12-2017, 12:50 AM
(05-12-2017 09:17 PM)Stoop Wrote:  This is why I said earlier that talking about it is pointless. That's because no one can possibly understand the issues of another person. They can only have a remote and superficial understanding at best. The simplistic advice most of you have given is part and parcel what I'm talking about. The problems are far more complex than you can understand, and only I truly understand this and am able to see what goes on in my life and how it affects me. I'm not ragging on you guys. I appreciate your support and help, but it just doesn't work because there's no way anyone can know anything about my life and my problems.

To expect people to have a deep understanding of you within the space of a few messages online is an impossible standard I think. That doesn't mean all communication is pointless. I think it's good you have reached out, and I hope you continue to do so.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2017, 02:44 AM
(04-12-2017 08:19 PM)Stoop Wrote:  The reason why I never try to reach out for help is because the only thing people can offer is platitudinous responses like yours. Not trying to sound rude. It's just the truth.

The thought occurs to me that you are here, starting this thread, to reach out for help.

Alienation is a bitch, and we do what we can to get around it. Sometimes I feel like the Invisible Man, too.
06-12-2017, 06:30 AM
Stoop, out of interest: How old are you?

Most people here are giving simple answers, because we know we can't give you an answer, other than "see a doctor". For examples on how seeing a doctor will help you, see my reply on page 2 on this thread.
06-12-2017, 03:46 PM
(05-12-2017 09:10 PM)Stoop Wrote:  
(05-12-2017 09:06 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Have you ever considered moving to the city? If you lived there you might have more opportunities to interact with other people. And instead of worrying about whether others listen to you, it might help if you listen to them. Perhaps if you showed an interest in them they might become more interested in you.
No, it's not like that. You don't understand.
Just some food for thought. You seem to be talking in absolutes like you know how everyone feels, thinks or if they understand. Don't do that, it closes you off from people who are just trying to help.

Do you have any interests or hobbies? How old are you?

Spend less time concerning yourself with others and more time doing things that makes you happy.
06-12-2017, 09:08 PM
(06-12-2017 03:46 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(05-12-2017 09:10 PM)Stoop Wrote:  No, it's not like that. You don't understand.
Just some food for thought. You seem to be talking in absolutes like you know how everyone feels, thinks or if they understand. Don't do that, it closes you off from people who are just trying to help.

Do you have any interests or hobbies? How old are you?

Spend less time concerning yourself with others and more time doing things that makes you happy.
Like I've tried to say, it's not just "a few people". There seems to be this common understanding among all people that my life is worth less than everyone else's and that I'm generally to be overlooked, disregarded, and treated with less importance. Alot of people dislike me right out of the gate before they've even met me. I try to be more outgoing, but every time I try it backfires. When theres a group of people standing around talking, everyone will get to speak and will be listened to, but people just talk right over me. Women look at me like I've just committed a crime when I try to talk to them. It is truly remarkable. I've spent my entire life trying to figure what the hell is wrong with me. I've kept my feelings to myself because no one understands, and they just say "I'm probably overthinking things" or other crap like that. The only things I can say about myself is that I'm extremely ugly. It's just undeniable. And I'm very goofy-looking. I've got a strange face and teeth, and my back has a very weird curve. Maybe that's what puts people off? Idk... I do know that I've been told randomly by people over the years that I'm ugly. It's been a recurring theme. All I know is that evolution doesn't work very well apparently because it's supposed to weed out people like me.
Thread Closed