Life, Death and the Stuff in between it all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 04:09 AM
RE: Life, Death and the Stuff in between it all
Heart

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-12-2016, 04:36 AM
(29-12-2016 03:45 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  She's gone, we're sad but damn it's been hard so it's peppered with some relief.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
29-12-2016, 05:44 AM
I got no words to make it better Moms.....

Just ---

I went through it myself 13 years ago. I wasn't ready for it then. I'm still not. But I'm still here.

Life is like jumping into cold water. You don't really like the abruptness of it - but you try to make the best of it, swim, and enjoy it as much as possible.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-12-2016, 05:55 AM
(29-12-2016 03:45 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  She's gone, we're sad but damn it's been hard so it's peppered with some relief.

Hug

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
29-12-2016, 09:19 AM

Hug Take care of yourself!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-12-2016, 09:54 AM

I know it's sad, but it's a good thing. It could have happened in a much worse way. She could have suffered exponentially longer and more with such a disease.

Sorry you have a big loss in your family. Wishing you much strength. It's always hard. If you want to talk about it, you know where to find me.

Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-12-2016, 11:14 AM
No more pain. No more confusion. A life well-lived and now spent. A person well-loved and now gone.

Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone. I don't know what to say or even what I'm feeling. Loss, yes. She's been part of my life in one way or another since 1981. Never thought then I'd marry her son.

The diagnosis was shocking, we hoped it was something simple, like all the doctors suggested but she continued to get worse instead of better. Finding brain tumors in a bad area to get them was beyond sad. She was brave and with it enough to not be led by other doctors glimmers of hope for maybe a few more months. Instead she made the choice to forgo treatment (radiation, chemo) that offered no real hope and could physically leave her far worse than she was at the time and she really couldn't fathom being bedridden because of the treatment.

We were stunned at how pragmatic she was at the end of her life always worrying about how everyone else was doing.

I'm sorry that I haven't been around much, and this place is very important to me. I felt I owed you all a better explanation. It's been a big roller coaster ride since the end of July and my absence ebbed and flowed during that time. I've also been short tempered, and just plain mean at times. Please forgive that the stress was horrible to bear at times -- which is also why I stayed away at times too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-12-2016, 02:09 PM
(29-12-2016 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
I'm sorry that I haven't been around much,

Totally understandable.

All the while, I kept thinking that she and your husband were fortunate to have someone as strong as you to depend upon.

Glad you're back. Missed ya.

Hug

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-12-2016, 02:28 PM
(29-12-2016 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  which is also why I stayed away at times too.

But the hugs are here! Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post