Life Degrees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 04:48 AM
Life Degrees
I had a chat today with one of those companies that offer quick University degrees based on your experience. I don't need a degree to do my job, or to get new jobs in this business but the authorities here don't understand that, and it would be useful to have a certificate of some sort to wave at them. Smartass

They show pictures of their certificates bearing UAE ministry accreditation stamps but who knows if that's just the one that slipped through the net. I'm not averse to tricking the ministry but would one of these certificates be any better than something I can print at home?

Does anyone have experience with this kind of degree?
Are they useful? If they're not all scams, how do you tell a scam from a genuine scheme?

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: Life Degrees
Please don't ask us for advice on how to commit fraud and get away with it. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-05-2014, 05:41 AM
(26-05-2014 04:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Please don't ask us for advice on how to commit fraud and get away with it. No

You're saying they're all fake?

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
26-05-2014, 06:20 AM
(26-05-2014 05:41 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 04:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Please don't ask us for advice on how to commit fraud and get away with it. No

You're saying they're all fake?
Yes. I would recommend you to read this article from the Emirati newspaper "Gulf News" which demonstrates that you will not get away with certificate fraud in Dubai.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-05-2014, 06:26 AM
I don't know about the current state of these things, but there used to be legitimate ones based on actual experience. They usually tested you and maybe suggested a supplementary course or two or maybe not, depending on how you did. They were legit.

It has been a long time since I have looked at these things though, and I do know there are a lot of fakes.

You should know the difference when you check them out because the legit ones will have a lot of questions.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post