Life Insurance, how do you feel about it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Life Insurance, how do you feel about it?
(14-06-2016 03:44 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Nope. No whole of life insurance (as it's termed in Australia) for me. Not married, no kids, no debts, home owner, healthy for age.

But, were I a much younger bloke with a wife and little kids, plus a home mortgage and credit card debts, then I'd definitely have it.

I guess it's one of those evil necessities of life when you're younger, and with lots of financial responsibilities—and even more should you die.

Exactly! Now that I'm old and the kids are grown, they are on their own, if I die.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-06-2016, 03:56 PM
(14-06-2016 03:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why do they call it "Life Insurance"???

It doesn't insure you'll live - and - they only pay off after you die..............

If you want to insure you'll live - quit smoking, drinking, drugging, and having risky sex.............

But then -- what's the point???

Big Grin

Thumbsup

It should be called a Death Jackpot.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
14-06-2016, 03:57 PM
I don't have one. Can't afford it. I am only a contractor and my mr is having a job here and there but nothing steady.
I want to save for when we get old but not in form of a life ensurance because who knows if that company goes bankrupt before I am old and they never pay me out or something.
I'd rather save money on a savings account. That way we have access, we can pay in whatever is left over, we can buy bigger important things (maybe a house one day) and when we finally both have good jobs, we can save on it for when we get old.
The odds of our specific bank going bankrupt or closing are tiny so I am positive, that I can save there.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
15-06-2016, 12:27 AM
I have a 75k policy that goes to my parents if I die. I only have it because I have a personal load with the bank and you have to have life insurance when you have a loan with the bank. 75k policy to cover the remaining $480 left to pay on it. ><
Funeral cover is also provided by my employer so that's covered too.

Don't need health insurance because I live in a first world country that's not the United States.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
15-06-2016, 12:38 AM
We have the typical policies provided by work and nothing more. For many years I have flown small aircraft and they are excluded for most reasonably priced policies, so I just said fuck it.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
15-06-2016, 06:20 AM
(15-06-2016 12:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have a 75k policy that goes to my parents if I die. I only have it because I have a personal load with the bank and you have to have life insurance when you have a loan with the bank. 75k policy to cover the remaining $480 left to pay on it. ><
Funeral cover is also provided by my employer so that's covered too.

Don't need health insurance because I live in a first world country that's not the United States.

Awwww come on Muffs ---- how uncharitable of you ----- How are those insurance company executives going to get filthy rich, if you're not forced into paying them premiums??????

You can't have good health care without a bunch of overhead in the form of rich businessmen making a killing by being a parasite on society, can ya??????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-06-2016, 06:29 AM
Nobody will give me life insurance. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-06-2016, 12:21 PM
I have some policy in work for my pension etc... I'm not sure what it covers but if I drop dead whilst still working for the same job my wife will get a big pay out. A very good reason not to piss off the missus Tongue.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
15-06-2016, 01:23 PM
(15-06-2016 12:21 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I have some policy in work for my pension etc... I'm not sure what it covers but if I drop dead whilst still working for the same job my wife will get a big pay out. A very good reason not to piss off the missus Tongue.

I worked an eighteen hour day not long before I retired. I called my wife to let her know I was headed home, as I lived 47 miles from work, with an ugly freeway to drive on for most of it. She told me to be careful, but I just said, "I'm worth more dead than alive!", laughingly. She agreed. Gasp
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post