Life and death itself..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2010, 06:03 AM

Life and death itself..
Hello Atheist's! I am new here and im a little kid, 14 years old Big Grin..
In the past months my life has sucked.. i has started to thinking of life & death.. Climate changes .. all that which scares the shit out of little kids like me.. Anybody know any help to this? UndecidedHuh
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2010, 06:08 AM
RE: Life and death itself..
What specifically are you worried about?

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2010, 06:18 AM

That we will all die and stuff.. That the earth systems will fuck up so we cant live here and all that.. Sad
18-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Yes, we'll all die. So?

Bertrand Russell Wrote:I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive. I am not young and I love life. But I should scorn to shiver with terror at the thought of annihilation. Happiness is nonetheless true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting. Many a man has borne himself proudly on the scaffold; surely the same pride should teach us to think truly about man's place in the world. Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cosy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigour, and the great spaces have a splendour of their own.

And a few more lighthearted ones:

Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman Wrote:DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.

Terry Pratchett Wrote:They say that, before you die, your life flashes before your eyes. This is true. It's called "living".

As for the Earth getting screwed up, we've got quite a while before the planet approaches lethal territory, and we're doing our best to fix it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

- Terry Pratchett
18-06-2010, 06:48 AM

(18-06-2010 06:18 AM)Idelovic Wrote:  That we will all die and stuff.. That the earth systems will fuck up so we cant live here and all that.. Sad

Well little dude first of all you will absolutely die, so don't sweat that. In fact if indeed you're here because you don't necesarily believe in the God of the Bible or necesarily an afterlife then my first point should be invigorating for you. You basically got one shot at this thing we call life so don't waste it worrying, go live it! As for the planet well I believe we spend far too much time worrying about in general. It will take care of itself and if it's gonna kick us off of it not much we do will help. Climate is an insanely complicated issue, that has to do with natural cycles, the Sun's cycles, and admittedly a tiny bit of what we do. By and large though the climates goning to do what its going to do so quit worrying and live. Now the vast majority of "green" things that you can do have positive ramification outside of climate change so I say go ahead and reduce your carbon footprint. Probably won't help the climate much, but you'll feel good and maybe save some $$. Hope that helped.
18-06-2010, 06:53 AM

Thanks to you two guys, you helped me Smile.
People like you rocks! <3
Thanks a lot for the nice info and stuff it's is always good to learn something new from smart guys like you Smile
18-06-2010, 06:59 AM
Whenever life gets you down, Missus Brown,
and things seem hard, or tough,
and people are stupid, obnoxious, or daft,
and you feel that you've had quite enough...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
and revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
that's orbiting at ninety miles a second, so it's reckoned,
a sun that is the source of all our power.
The sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
are moving at a million miles a day
in the outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
of the galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars,
It's a hundred thousand light-years side-to-side.
It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light-years thick,
But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
We're thirty thousand light-years from galactic central point.
We go 'round every two hundred million years.
And our galaxy itself is one of millions of billions
in this amazing and expanding universe!

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
how amazingly unlikely is your birth,
and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth.

- Terry Pratchett
18-06-2010, 07:25 AM

Just one of many lessons to be learned from that movie. I think 14 is a good age for Python. I know I was sneeking and watching it on PBS 26ish years ago LOL.
18-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I watched it when I was twelve. Haven't stopped since. My collection of Flying Circus DVDs continues to expand.

- Terry Pratchett
18-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Everyone dies; don't worry, be happy.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard (Creater of Scientology)
Find all posts by this user