Life begins two weeks BEFORE conception? WTF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2012, 06:39 PM
RE: Life begins two weeks BEFORE conception? WTF?
These people obviously have no conception of science. Or logic. Or reason.

They certainly have no respect for the public's intelligence. Oh, wait - maybe they got that part right.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2012, 09:50 PM
(14-04-2012 03:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They have finally understood that no one can define, scientifically when exactly life begins, so they are covering their butts.

Haha, yes...

...but one CAN define when life doesn't begin: it doesn't begin two weeks before fucking. Thumbsup

Covering their butts with demonstrably false science doesn't constitute "covering one's butt".
No, this is yet another example of right-wing bible thumpers continuing to chip away at the
reproductive rights of women, and in turn, all human rights. When Republican fundamentalist
christian extremist cunts like our piss-poor-excuse-for-a-governor Jan Brewer acquire a
position of power, they always always always do everything they can (including skulduggery)
to force their religious agenda down everyone's throats. It's fucking embarrassing.

I absolutely despise that woman.

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Quidsane's post
14-04-2012, 10:35 PM
It almost makes you ashamed to be female - fucking whore Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
15-04-2012, 06:25 AM
(14-04-2012 09:50 PM)Quidsane Wrote:  bible thumpers continuing to chip away at the
reproductive rights of women, and in turn, all human rights. [/i].
I absolutely despise that woman.

I was talking to a friend in OBGYN, and asked her what she made of this, and edited my original post. You are totally correct. This is not about the science AT ALL, (as it just manipulates a "convention" in Obstetrics concerning the gestational age of a fetus). What this IS about, as you guys have pointed out, is the erosion of the rights of women, which I ranted on, in the edited post. What I fail to understand, is, how do these fools think this will be effective ? Most women can drive or fly anywhere they want, and Arizona doing crazy things doesn't mean it will stop women from doing whatever they want. Just like the flight of top drawer Stem Cell researchers from the fundie states, and this country in general, it really does nothing to stop anything. It's still the mostly fat old men, sitting at their desks in state capitals, trying to dictate what women do.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2012, 08:52 AM
So, does heaven have these group of unborn souls which are sent to Earth to become humans before a couple have sexual intercourse, but when the couple decides not to have sex the last minute, they have to return to heaven? No wonder these cranky souls started complaining and after a few "divine interventions", this sadly hilarious policy is born.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
15-04-2012, 09:24 AM
This can't be true. Someone must have misquoted her, misrepresented what she said, misheard...

I cannot believe this.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
15-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Bucky's pointed out numerous problems with the bill other than the 2 week before sex thing.

It could work in their favour, if everyone focuses on that, and especially as it can't possibly have been a deliberate "we're gonna assert that sex happens 2 weeks after conception" but rather just a dumb error, they'll be able to say "aww come on you guys, it was just a clerical error" and make a big shindig over that, and all the other *numerous* problems receive less scrutiny because everyone's dancing up and down about this one supremely stupid thing.
15-04-2012, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 11:01 AM by Antirepublican.)
(14-04-2012 06:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  These people obviously have no conception of science. Or logic. Or reason.

They certainly have no respect for the public's intelligence. Oh, wait - maybe they got that part right.
Sure they do. They know its ridiculous as well, but that is how politics works nowadays. They have all but given up making radical changes to the whole country via the federal govt, and have instead focused on each individual state, which is much easier to completely manipulate and control.

Its all about doing Anything and Everything to get their agenda across, which in this case is religion. Now that they have a platform to stand on, thus they can slowly keep moving forward til they get what they really want. Ban on abortion.
15-04-2012, 01:39 PM
(15-04-2012 09:24 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  This can't be true. Someone must have misquoted her, misrepresented what she said, misheard...

I cannot believe this.

Unfortunately, it's true. And it's such a shame.

(15-04-2012 10:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...it can't possibly have been a deliberate "we're gonna assert that sex happens 2 weeks after conception" but rather just a dumb error...

Nice paraphrase! [Image: Yay.gif]
This, in fact, did happen after the conceptions of all three of my children!

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
15-04-2012, 02:02 PM
(15-04-2012 01:39 PM)Quidsane Wrote:  Nice paraphrase! [Image: Yay.gif]
This, in fact, did happen after the conceptions of all three of my children!
You know what I meant. Sarcastic bastard Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post