Life is all about pleasure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Life is all about pleasure
Yep; on the pleasure scale... that shit is a zero. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
30-10-2014, 07:50 PM
The ability to summarize when trying to make a point to someone who is uninterested in what you have to say is critical. The details are what you put out once (if) they take the bait.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-10-2014, 07:55 PM
[Image: nospam.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
30-10-2014, 08:13 PM
(30-10-2014 07:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
[Image: nospam.jpg]

Or self grandiose walls of text.....
FCUK!!!!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-10-2014, 08:36 PM
[Image: image.png]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
30-10-2014, 09:50 PM
hey guys new member, just wanted to say that ol' Matt here posted the same exact thing over on our forum. i googled a chunk of text out of curiosity and lo and behold

anyway i dont really have anything to add except: lol can you believe this guy? yikes!
[+] 2 users Like firecheetah's post
30-10-2014, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 12:06 AM by MattMVS7.)
I see that even my summary itself was too long to read. Therefore, here is something much more brief:

Any personal meanings we create in life are all neutral as they all come from the exact same functions of our brains that create nothing but neutral words, sounds, images, etc. For example, create any sound, letter, image, etc. in your mind that provokes no emotional response and is bland to you. Therefore, all other meanings we create in life are the same in that sense because, again, they are all the same functioning in our brains. So that makes our own created meanings all neutral as well. These created meanings are no different than the creation of neutral words, sounds, images, etc. because there is no difference between any personal meanings we create in life as opposed to neutral words, sounds, images, etc. because they are the exact same things. Our personal meanings we create in life may make us do good things in life, but they are all still neutral anyway. Only our pleasure itself that arises from any personal meanings we create in life is good (positive) and is the only thing that makes our lives good and worth living and you would be delusional to somehow think that, without your ability to experience pleasure, that your life is still somehow good and worth living. Also, pleasure, in of itself, is a good experience and we do not need any created meanings in life (which would be knowledge, thoughts, etc.) to tell us that it is good. So if you were happy, but had no knowledge or thoughts whatsoever, your happiness would still feel good to you despite the fact that you are completely unaware of what happiness is and the fact that you are unaware of the word "good" and what it even means. Therefore, any created meanings in life by themselves do not tell us that anything is good (they are not the activating of the pleasure centers of our brains which is the only thing that gives us the "good" signal). The same thing goes for depression. Depression in of itself is a bad experience and we do not need any knowledge or thoughts to tell us that it is bad.

Therefore, even everything else in life and even your own attitude is neutral and you are free to harm and take advantage of others as long as it gives you the most pleasure in life. However, I would never harm others despite my own personal beliefs because this is not who I am at all. Also, you are not in the minds of other people anyway. So it's only your own pleasure in life that makes your life good and worth living. Not you helping others and giving them pleasure despite your own absence of pleasure.
30-10-2014, 10:45 PM
If you weren't consistently an immature troll who doesn't respond to peoples conversational points with you in with sensible intellect, I could see having a decent talk about this topic with you. Instead, you repeatedly engage in monologues even in response to people

And you felt this thread needed to be a different thread once again for because? Of course there's no explanation for it in the thread since this isn't a different argument, it's just simply troll behavior.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Get a blog. And an education.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-10-2014, 02:35 AM
(30-10-2014 09:50 PM)firecheetah Wrote:  hey guys new member, just wanted to say that ol' Matt here posted the same exact thing over on our forum. i googled a chunk of text out of curiosity and lo and behold

anyway i dont really have anything to add except: lol can you believe this guy? yikes!

G'day Firecheetah.

I hope this twit has not been plaguing your forum for too long.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.