Life is tough on me, what should I do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Life is tough on me, what should I do?
(06-10-2012 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not sure I'd rush into that if it wasn't my property. I'd suggest it to the owner, but doing it on my own without permission might not be advisable.

Yea - I'd call the health dept and invest in a good large room or even a whole house dehumidifier no matter what. That way, you can take it with you whenever you move.

I used to contract to clean and renovate apartment complexes and mold abatement was a pretty big deal. Many apartment owners are complete assholes and will do as little as possible even when facing fines from the health dept.

My friend's niece and her husband go around the country doing hazmat abatement. Their smaller jobs are asbestos and mold but it is an extremely in demand part of the business.

Consider Hm... maybe I should think about going back into that line of work - very lucrative. Nah, I'm too lazy. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-10-2012, 10:57 PM
(06-10-2012 11:24 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Why should I accept to live in these conditions?

(06-10-2012 11:24 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Why can't I have immediate relief?

I tell my daughter that if she doesn't pull her weight in life that she self limits her choices.

(06-10-2012 11:24 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I'll have you to know that I am a very capable man, and no task is to heavy for me - I just don't want to do manual labor - its beneath me. I'm an independent and critical thinking intellectual who has figured out [url=http://www.secularlibrary.com]how to save the world

The world isn't saved yet so get to scrubbing.
[+] 4 users Like kpax's post
08-10-2012, 02:45 AM
(06-10-2012 12:31 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I'll have you to know that I am a very capable man, and no task is to heavy for me - I just don't want to do manual labor - its beneath me. I'm an independent and critical thinking intellectual who has figured out how to save the world.

And that is where you fail.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
08-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Believe me when I say that I'm really sorry for your living conditions. If it makes you feel any better My husband and I have lived in toxic situations too, well mentally and emotionally toxic the most physical dangers really was a bear or a bobcat eating my 3 year old.

We were poor, didn't have anywhere else to live and were stuck living with my husbands parents. Mind you his dad is a psychotic drunk who thought I was a Muslim because I wasn't a Christian, and had bald eagles and Lynerd Skynerd posters everywhere. Anyways from country music blasting at 6:00am waking up the baby because he was so drunk he thought it was 6:00pm and to him going to prison, and my mother in law kidnapping (yes kidnapping, she left with our son for 12hours with no phone calls because she knew we wouldn't allow her to take our son to prison to see her husband he was only 2. Oh and did I tell you she was an extremist Christian? Before that she also took our son without our permission to get baptized knowing full well that my husband and I are Atheists) anyways. It ended up the drunk coming home from prison only to start drinking and since my husband and his mother both work all day I was left alone with him. It could have been that after he went to prison he realized that he could do the ultimate and she (mother in law) would never leave him. So he decided to start sexually harassing me, telling me that "If I had a wife like you I wouldn't have naw problems ghettin it up" or that "I'll do ya all day if I could." I didn't know what to say, I didn't tell my husband because I didn't want him also end up in prison, so I recorded my father-in law sexually harassing me and showed my husbands grandparents (who are also avid Faux News watchers and extremist Christians) of what their son was doing. Since it was them that told my husband to go to church so he can learn to forgive his father for the years of abuse before I even came into his life. They didn't believe me, even with the evidence. They said that I was a liar, and that the recording was edited by Satan (yes, they said that)

Even after all that, even after being afraid that my father in law was one day going to kill my son and I for shooting his gun in the wrong direction because he was drunk, even after the constant disrespect, the constant fear, the constant anger, the constant resentment, the constant feeling of hopelessness, the constant brain hurting we have our own apartment and no contact with them. Sadly my side of the family was already gone (my mothers Japanese and left back to Japan after my dad left us in the middle of America with a mother who couldn't speak a word of English) but we got out. My mothers happy back in Japan, my dads gone, his families gone and we have our own home (it took a while but we got there) and I'm very sure you will too. Nobody deserves to live in such filth, and sadly the government should be there to hand you a safety net and not let you rot in some diarrhea filled apartment. I know that right now it might feel like it will never get better, but it will. Just trust in god. No! J/k Smile

Trust in yourself.

I'm not sure about the programs in New York (I'm in Florida where Voldemort rules) but did you try applying for Section 8 housing? How about SNAP benefits? Cash Assistance? If you have children then the gov might be more inclined to do more, or if your married or student? Either way maybe you should try going to your nearest gov agency the one that gives out food stamps and such and explain your situation they'll know more of what gov programs can help you.
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
The point is, TrainWreck, if you were truly as intellectual as you say you are, I don't see why you have fallen on hard times. You should have gotten a scholarship to a prestigious college, earned a degree, and lived out your life as a world-renowned deep thinker. But you have not, and you have yet to demonstrate any sign or level of maturity or intelligence when concerning this situation.

Yes, times are hard, but only because you are making them so. Your ridiculous standards are just that. Ridiculous. Lrn2lrn, you lazy fuck.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-10-2012, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 02:54 PM by TrainWreck.)
(08-10-2012 02:54 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yes, times are hard, but only because you are making them so. Your ridiculous standards are just that. Ridiculous. Lrn2lrn, you lazy fuck.

I'll remember this - always.

I have fallen on hard times, because of my inability to cope with the complexities of pursuing the ability of being an independent and critical thinker - a true Cynic would recognize the dilemma. There are several lengends of people having done the similar isolation from their communities, as I have done, so as to better analyze the community and determine the problems and the most likely corrections.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 2 users Like TrainWreck's post
09-10-2012, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 03:07 PM by TrainWreck.)
(08-10-2012 11:11 AM)Tigermom7488 Wrote:  I'm not sure about the programs in New York (I'm in Florida where Voldemort rules) but did you try applying for Section 8 housing? How about SNAP benefits? Cash Assistance? If you have children then the gov might be more inclined to do more, or if your married or student? Either way maybe you should try going to your nearest gov agency the one that gives out food stamps and such and explain your situation they'll know more of what gov programs can help you.
I explained that I refuse to claim any disability, because I do not want to get into trouble for fraud; and because of that the welfare system is designed to compel me to get a job. I get the food stamps, and some other cash beni, but the Section 8 for better housing requires further more benefits that I refuse to claim.

I sincerely believe that my goal of generating the organization and popularity of the Secular Library is going to happen and it is going to cause an investigation of my life, and I do not want to be suspected of perpetrating any welfare fraud.

The people who take advantage of welfare fraud have no ambition to be famous and scrutinized by the public, as I expect to be.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
09-10-2012, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 03:33 PM by TrainWreck.)
(07-10-2012 10:57 PM)kpax Wrote:  I tell my daughter that if she doesn't pull her weight in life that she self limits her choices.

That is not always true. I wanted to be an independent and critical thinker in order to figure out why the world is messed up, and how to fix it; and I am very convinced that that could not be possible if I continued to participate in the rudimentary responsibilities of our society. Now that I have figured it out, I am tasked with having to champion it, and organize it, so it is disseminated into society. And that is leading me back to accepting the responsibilities that I let go for several years.

09-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Why don't you accept the responsibilities of taking care of yourself and go get a job? As a tax payer, and one who has been funding you for several years now, I think your living conditions are just fine. Don't like them? Go get a job and pay your way to better accommodations.

Life is about choices. You've made yours and these are the consequences.

I have a lot more sympathy for people who really need help; people who are disabled or can't work or have mental health issues. A compassionate society takes care of its weakest members. But, people who decide they are above it all and won't participate in society and provide for themselves, live of its forced generosity (I'm not supporting you by choice, I assure you), and then complain about the quality of their hand out? I have no sympathy for those people at all. If it was up to me, you'd be forced to move into the apartment with the diarrhea all over it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
10-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Honestly, I would rather do physical labor and make next to nothing, than to live in unhealthy conditions which could potentially shorten my lifespan by a great deal. One could argue that physical labor is also hard on the body, but I feel that no job is beneath me. I currently have a good job. However, there have been times when things got bad and I was in some horrible living conditions. I had lost my job at the time and I ended up going out and building fences, cleaning stuff and doing yard work for people to get by. To some degree, I felt embarrassed at first, since some people knew me and saw me go from a great job to doing simple stuff to get by. But after a while, I really felt like it takes a great degree of pride to be willing to be able to do what it takes to survive, and to do it with confidence and even a smile on your face, than it does to suffer in sheer degrees of outright stubbornness.

If you're in a bad apartment building, it might be worth seeing if there are room mates in better living conditions and even a basic job you could take over (even if it's manual labor) to get by. You'll likely feel more healthy, feel a tad more motivated getting out of bad living conditions, and it'll be temporary till you can find something better. But having to deal with being physically sick due to mold or disease? I'd rather lift bricks all day.

That's just me though.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post