Life is tough on me, what should I do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 04:23 PM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Life is tough on me, what should I do?
(09-10-2012 03:17 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 10:57 PM)kpax Wrote:  I tell my daughter that if she doesn't pull her weight in life that she self limits her choices.

That is not always true. I wanted to be an independent and critical thinker in order to figure out why the world is messed up, and how to fix it; and I am very convinced that that could not be possible if I continued to participate in the rudimentary responsibilities of our society. Now that I have figured it out, I am tasked with having to champion it, and organize it, so it is disseminated into society. And that is leading me back to accepting the responsibilities that I let go for several years.

Again, you lack every possible practicality in your methods. Not only are you foolish for thinking you have theoretically solved the world's problems, but you have not demonstrated any credibility to implement whatever resolution you have into society.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 01:22 PM
(10-10-2012 12:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 03:17 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  That is not always true. I wanted to be an independent and critical thinker in order to figure out why the world is messed up, and how to fix it; and I am very convinced that that could not be possible if I continued to participate in the rudimentary responsibilities of our society. Now that I have figured it out, I am tasked with having to champion it, and organize it, so it is disseminated into society. And that is leading me back to accepting the responsibilities that I let go for several years.
Again, you lack every possible practicality in your methods. Not only are you foolish for thinking you have solved the theoretically solved the world's problems, but you have not demonstrated any credibility to implement whatever resolution your have into society.

It is not that I am disagreeing with you on the point that you are trying to make, it is just that I am discribing the difficulties of being a 'one man show' in pursuit of perfection and development. I agree, I am lazy, but one of the only ideas I was taught from my father was that the object of the game is to make the most amount of money for the least amount of work.

In my comment that you are arguing I explained that I am well aware of the tasks of having to organize and champion my goal for it to work. Obviously, atheists are not the shrewed purveyors of human knowledge, but rather, tinkerers of inaccurate semantics.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
10-10-2012, 01:27 PM
(09-10-2012 09:11 PM)BnW Wrote:  . . . people who decide they are above it all and won't participate in society and provide for themselves, live of its forced generosity (I'm not supporting you by choice, I assure you), and then complain about the quality of their hand out? I have no sympathy for those people at all. If it was up to me, you'd be forced to move into the apartment with the diarrhea all over it.

But your political representaives are not guilty of this type of accusation - you believe the politicians are doing some good that cannot be done any other way?

You have a point, but to talk your shit about compassion, obviously since my 70 some neighbors are not letting you know about the plight, then you don't think it exists for them.

Where's your fucking compassion for them - I am not the only one living under these conditions you stupid lame ass wipe, you!

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
(10-10-2012 02:55 AM)Logisch Wrote:  If you're in a bad apartment building, it might be worth seeing if there are room mates in better living conditions and even a basic job you could take over (even if it's manual labor) to get by. You'll likely feel more healthy, feel a tad more motivated getting out of bad living conditions, and it'll be temporary till you can find something better. But having to deal with being physically sick due to mold or disease? I'd rather lift bricks all day.

Yeah, I'm probably going to hit the road out of NYC and get to a town that is more accomodating to my work ethic. I have a manual labor skill, that I can fall back on, but here on the East Coast it doesn't pay enough my style of living conditions and play time.

10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Well, you won't have to go far - almost anywhere in New Jersey is way cheaper than NYC. But do notify the Health Dept.; they need to know about these kind of conditions so they can get a handle on the situation. I can't tell you how many people don't do something - don't get involved - until things get so far out of control. It is ridiculous not to do something when given the chance.

Why would you disdaining manual labor as "beneath" you, Trainwreck? Manual labor has often been reported by many an intellectual, to help them think. Manual labor can keep the body, mind and attitude quite fit. Frankly, I can't see anyone with that kind of negative attitude toward labor, actually being an intellectually critical thinker - it seems rather poor judgement. Wouldn't seem to bode very well, trying to put forth your grand scheme to fix the ills of the world, when you can't seem to get your own shit together, would it?

If you don't call the Health Dept., then I guess it is obvious that you don't want to help yourself and that is a choice you make. That is not being lazy, once again it is simply poor judgement. Any fabulous, fucking, critically thinking, intellectual would certainly be able to figure this out. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
10-10-2012, 03:02 PM
(10-10-2012 01:27 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  But your political representaives are not guilty of this type of accusation - you believe the politicians are doing some good that cannot be done any other way?

I'm not sure why you posted this but I don't have a whole of time, empathy or interest in any of my political representatives either. Republicans, Democrats - a plague on both their houses.

(10-10-2012 01:27 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You have a point, but to talk your shit about compassion, obviously since my 70 some neighbors are not letting you know about the plight, then you don't think it exists for them.

Where's your fucking compassion for them - I am not the only one living under these conditions you stupid lame ass wipe, you!

Well, my comment was directed at you, not them. But, since you asked, I do think it is abhorrent that people, even people living on charity, are living under those conditions. And, I agree with Kim you should notify the health department and make stink (no pun intended) about it. Maybe call the press. Living off the state should not equate to living like a prisoner in a medieval jail. However, when someone brags about their choices like you pretty much did, sorry, but not a whole of of sympathy for you.

As for Kim's comment about New Jersey, I'm born and raised in central NJ and, up until just over 4 years ago, lived in northern NJ so I am very familiar with the cost of living there. And, based on my experience, I can tell you that moving from NYC to NJ is not going to solve your fundamental problem on the cost of living. Living in NJ is not as expensive as living in NYC for certain, but it is a bit like saying the pressure 1 mile deep in the ocean is not as bad as the pressure 2 miles deep. Either way, it's more pressure than you can withstand and your dead. Either way, the cost of living is high enough that you are going to struggle to find any decent accommodations unless you suck it up and get a real job. And, if your skills are mostly around labor, you are still going to live at or near the poverty line. In fact, I'd eliminate the suburbs of Washington DC all the way up to southern New Hampshire because that entire corridor is just going to price you out. If you get to central or northern NH you will see the costs start to drop quite a bit. If you look in northern CT but west of Hartford, near the NY boarder (so near Brewster) you may have better luck. If you really want to stay in the northeast, look in the Albany area or even further north in the Adirondacks, but watch out for the touristy areas near the Finger Lakes and Lake George because prices start to go up again.

I'd really head south, look in the Carolinas, Arkansas, etc. That's some cheap living right there. Of course, having spent some time down there, I think those people will come at you like you were Frankenstein's Monster but at least the climate is more temperate and the cost of living is better.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
10-10-2012, 09:59 PM
(09-10-2012 03:17 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 10:57 PM)kpax Wrote:  I tell my daughter that if she doesn't pull her weight in life that she self limits her choices.

That is not always true. I wanted to be an independent and critical thinker in order to figure out why the world is messed up, and how to fix it; and I am very convinced that that could not be possible if I continued to participate in the rudimentary responsibilities of our society. Now that I have figured it out, I am tasked with having to champion it, and organize it, so it is disseminated into society. And that is leading me back to accepting the responsibilities that I let go for several years.

Even if you figured something out, what makes you think there is any money to be had? Very few people even care about their impact on the planet or society, so what makes you think they will make you a millionaire for coming up with some kind of idea?

Are you going to hold the idea ransom? I know how to save the world, but I wont tell unless you give me one million dollars! LOL

How is this supposed to work?
11-10-2012, 10:59 AM
(10-10-2012 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Even if you figured something out, what makes you think there is any money to be had? Very few people even care about their impact on the planet or society, so what makes you think they will make you a millionaire for coming up with some kind of idea?

Are you going to hold the idea ransom? I know how to save the world, but I wont tell unless you give me one million dollars!
It has to do with the copyrights. I retain all rights to it's use, and I am arguing that it is correction to an intellectual tool that people did not understand to be erroneous and detrimental to the better evolution of society.
(10-10-2012 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote:  How is this supposed to work?
Eventually, the people who belong to the high end of the intelligence bell curve, who do research and development of library and information technologies will recognize its benefits to their pursuit of providing students with better technology to do research.

Basically, it is a replacement for the Dewey Decimal system, which is obviously erroneous to the bias of Christianity. And I would think that atheists would be on the war path against the use of the Dewey Decimal systems in their public libraries, just like they rally against the Ten Commandments in Court Houses. Not to forget to mention that atheists usually champion better education tools and scientific reasoning.

11-10-2012, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 12:22 PM by TrainWreck.)
(10-10-2012 02:30 PM)kim Wrote:  Why would you disdaining manual labor as "beneath" you, Trainwreck? Manual labor has often been reported by many an intellectual, to help them think. Manual labor can keep the body, mind and attitude quite fit. Frankly, I can't see anyone with that kind of negative attitude toward labor, actually being an intellectually critical thinker - it seems rather poor judgement. Wouldn't seem to bode very well, trying to put forth your grand scheme to fix the ills of the world, when you can't seem to get your own shit together, would it?
yeah, there is a dilemma, and appears in some politicians - they make good leaders, but their personal lives are wretched with tragic personal relationships.

I am being ficious , because I want to delay the inevitable as long as possible, because i sincerely believe I am the most important peron in the world, right now. And the skills that I have developed should be exploited with better conditions for developing the better presentation of my work.

11-10-2012, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 12:09 PM by TrainWreck.)
(10-10-2012 03:02 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 01:27 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  But your political representaives are not guilty of this type of accusation - you believe the politicians are doing some good that cannot be done any other way?

I'm not sure why you posted this but I don't have a whole of time, empathy or interest in any of my political representatives either. Republicans, Democrats - a plague on both their houses.

because the politicians are making hundred thousand dollar salaries, and they should be intellectual giants, or something, to be able to do what it is we want them to do, but it appears that they are not; and I want to change that as apart of my grand scheme to make this a better world with an up-to-date classification system and constitutional system.