Life is tough on me, what should I do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: Life is tough on me, what should I do?
(10-10-2012 03:02 PM)BnW Wrote:  Well, my comment was directed at you, not them. But, since you asked, I do think it is abhorrent that people, even people living on charity, are living under those conditions. And, I agree with Kim you should notify the health department and make stink (no pun intended) about it. Maybe call the press. Living off the state should not equate to living like a prisoner in a medieval jail. However, when someone brags about their choices like you pretty much did, sorry, but not a whole of of sympathy for you.

I think people who are able to avoid people who are welfare have a perception that welfare recipeints are graciuosly thankful for the benefits and that they are not stagnent, but in search of being efficient and productive. It is not true.

To let everyone know, when I started this thread I was frustrated, because I knew that I was probably going to have to put an effort into solving the stench smell. To my luck when I returned to the room, one of my neighbors had accomplished much of it by mopping up the hallway, and he was spraying plenty of air fresh into the jam of the door of the messed-up room, and I then went out to buy packing tape so as to tape-up the door. When I returned a couple of hour later, after stopping at the bar to watch a couple of innings of the Detroit - Oakland game, he came up with the idea of stuffing plastic grocery bags into the jam. And that is all I had to do, ten minutes of work.

And it seems that since the weather has turned to the cool side of fall, my mold-spores problem has subsided, but I am still applying a complete wash of anti-fungal, because I understand that I have a build-up of it. And because I understand it, I notice it on other people. It is easier to notice on white people - its red blotches usually around the nostrals, elbows, armpits, and neck. It is not contagious, and probably not detrimental to one's immediate health; and it takes a long time to treat, and it is not cheap. I'm lucky, I found 1oz tubes at the dollar store - drug stores want $8 for 5oz.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 02:05 PM
(09-10-2012 03:17 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 10:57 PM)kpax Wrote:  I tell my daughter that if she doesn't pull her weight in life that she self limits her choices.

That is not always true. I wanted to be an independent and critical thinker in order to figure out why the world is messed up, and how to fix it; and I am very convinced that that could not be possible if I continued to participate in the rudimentary responsibilities of our society. Now that I have figured it out, I am tasked with having to champion it, and organize it, so it is disseminated into society. And that is leading me back to accepting the responsibilities that I let go for several years.

How are you going to fix the world when you don't even understand why your living conditions suck and how to improve your own life?
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
(10-10-2012 01:22 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 12:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Again, you lack every possible practicality in your methods. Not only are you foolish for thinking you have theoretically solved the world's problems, but you have not demonstrated any credibility to implement whatever resolution you have into society.

It is not that I am disagreeing with you on the point that you are trying to make, it is just that I am discribing the difficulties of being a 'one man show' in pursuit of perfection and development. I agree, I am lazy, but one of the only ideas I was taught from my father was that the object of the game is to make the most amount of money for the least amount of work.

In my comment that you are arguing I explained that I am well aware of the tasks of having to organize and champion my goal for it to work. Obviously, atheists are not the shrewed purveyors of human knowledge, but rather, tinkerers of inaccurate semantics.

You clearly have no understanding of atheism, or my argument.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
11-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Don't deny a job because of pride. If I could physically handle a labor job I'd probably be in one now to pay for college. ROTC messed with my back and now I can't do heavy lifting, and standing for the hours for fast food is difficult.

I wish I had a completely able body.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

12-10-2012, 07:16 AM
(11-10-2012 12:08 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I think people who are able to avoid people who are welfare have a perception that welfare recipeints are graciuosly thankful for the benefits and that they are not stagnent, but in search of being efficient and productive. It is not true.

I assure you that is not my perception of people on welfare at all. My perception of people on welfare is that they are, generally (there are always exceptions) lazy freeloaders who think they are above doing work and think they are owed something from those of us who get up and go to work every day so we can provide for ourselves.

And, just to avoid any ambiguity here, this describes my feeling of you, too. In fact, I see you as worse than the average deadbeat because you are clearly capable of working, intelligent enough to get work, and yet deem yourself above it. You refuse to contribute to your own well being and act like having to do anything to help yourself is an inconvenience. I assure you, you are not the savior of civilization. What you are is an infected boil on the ass of humanity, who suffers from delusions of grandeur.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
13-10-2012, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 11:34 AM by TrainWreck.)
(11-10-2012 02:05 PM)kpax Wrote:  How are you going to fix the world when you don't even understand why your living conditions suck and how to improve your own life?

Are you kidding me - I have not described to you why I am in this situation???

I am lazy - I was conditioned to believe that the objective in life is to make the most amount of money for the least amount of work.

I have deliberated a scientific theory and generated two technologies using the theory:
Secular Library Classification
Secular Library Classification Constitutional System

(11-10-2012 04:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You clearly have no understanding of atheism, or my argument.
Let me explain it to you. Atheism is the political ideology that drives the activity to abolish theism. Your argument is faulty, because you fail to understand that atheism is a political ideology, because you believe their is something higher than political ideologies, but you cannot define the category.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
13-10-2012, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 11:54 AM by TrainWreck.)
(11-10-2012 09:24 PM)il_bandit Wrote:  Don't deny a job because of pride. If I could physically handle a labor job I'd probably be in one now to pay for college. ROTC messed with my back and now I can't do heavy lifting, and standing for the hours for fast food is difficult.

I wish I had a completely able body.

ROTC did not mess with your back - you failed to understand your limits, and protect yourself from harm.

You let the American people down - thank you for your service to the country.

13-10-2012, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 11:56 AM by TrainWreck.)
(12-10-2012 07:16 AM)BnW Wrote:  I assure you that is not my perception of people on welfare at all.
yeah, yeah, yeah, . . . I've heard this before, from plenty of people like you . . .
(12-10-2012 07:16 AM)BnW Wrote:  My perception of people on welfare is that they are, generally (there are always exceptions) lazy freeloaders who think they are above doing work and think they are owed something from those of us who get up and go to work every day so we can provide for ourselves.

And, just to avoid any ambiguity here, this describes my feeling of you, too. In fact, I see you as worse than the average deadbeat because you are clearly capable of working, intelligent enough to get work, and yet deem yourself above it.
Not afraid to use the old circular logic change the words-up and hope they don't notice strategy are you?

ROFLMAO

13-10-2012, 02:08 PM
"An infected boil on the ass of humanity"

Well goddam, I wish I could have articulated my thoughts on Trainwreck so well. Well done BnW.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
13-10-2012, 02:27 PM
At first I felt bad about the situation...then we got to the truth...too lazy to make it better and it's someone else's fault. Sux to be you.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.