Life is tough on me, what should I do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Life is tough on me, what should I do?
(11-10-2012 10:59 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Even if you figured something out, what makes you think there is any money to be had? Very few people even care about their impact on the planet or society, so what makes you think they will make you a millionaire for coming up with some kind of idea?

Are you going to hold the idea ransom? I know how to save the world, but I wont tell unless you give me one million dollars!
It has to do with the copyrights. I retain all rights to it's use, and I am arguing that it is correction to an intellectual tool that people did not understand to be erroneous and detrimental to the better evolution of society.
(10-10-2012 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote:  How is this supposed to work?
Eventually, the people who belong to the high end of the intelligence bell curve, who do research and development of library and information technologies will recognize its benefits to their pursuit of providing students with better technology to do research.

Basically, it is a replacement for the Dewey Decimal system, which is obviously erroneous to the bias of Christianity. And I would think that atheists would be on the war path against the use of the Dewey Decimal systems in their public libraries, just like they rally against the Ten Commandments in Court Houses. Not to forget to mention that atheists usually champion better education tools and scientific reasoning.

I'd be right there with you, but the Dewey Decimal system became obsolete around about the time the Interwebz became useful. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-10-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Life is tough on me, what should I do?
(13-10-2012 11:37 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ROTC did not mess with your back - you failed to understand your limits, and protect yourself from harm.

You let the American people down - thank you for your service to the country.

As far as I know, my back was deemed good for service before, both by MEPS and by DODMERB. The way we did physical training was a mixture of the old system and a new system the Army was implementing. Also, had to do things like situps on concrete, that's a very bad idea.

I hope you're doing alright now.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

14-10-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Life is tough on me, what should I do?
(12-10-2012 07:16 AM)BnW Wrote:  What you are is an infected boil on the ass of humanity, who suffers from delusions of grandeur.
(13-10-2012 02:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well goddam, I wish I could have articulated my thoughts on Trainwreck so well. Well done BnW.

I love it when the lawyer goes all legalistic jargon and shit. Evil_monster ... Feels more like a scab I shouldn't pick at though 'cause otherwise it'll just keep coming back. Wink

(12-10-2012 07:16 AM)BnW Wrote:  I assure you that is not my perception of people on welfare at all. My perception of people on welfare is that they are, generally (there are always exceptions) lazy freeloaders who think they are above doing work and think they are owed something from those of us who get up and go to work every day so we can provide for ourselves.

My son, GirlyBoy, is a recent summa cum laude CompSci graduate with a specialty in Cyber Security. He recently got a job starting out at $48K. Decent enough starting salary just outta school, but he married a woman with 4 children of her own and she just had her 5th a year ago. $48K is barely enough to even feed a family his size let alone house them. Manly and I help him out by buying a second house and covering the mortgage 'til his income increases (which it undoubtedly will), but he still gets assistance from the People's Republic of Maryland for food and utilities and won't have to pay federal income taxes this year. I got no problem with that. He works his ass off and really is just using the support as a stepup and not a handout. While there may be some looking to leech off the rest of us, leeching will never amount to a comfortable lifestyle.

Hell, I wouldn't be where I am without Pell Grants and Federal Student Loans.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.