Life keeps getting better

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Life keeps getting better
I'm taking a study break to write some thoughts I had.
Ever since I dumped christianity like four months ago my life has been getting better. I feel free and not entrapped by superstition. Which relates to that "Set Yourself Free" video on this website. People seem to care less that I am an athiest. Don't get me wrong I lost like three "friends" but I don't care. The one's I lost I never really hung out with anyway. The one's that never really cared that I am an athiest I hang out with all the time which is like 50 people.
Lol last night I was getting a snack in the student center. My college has a campus outreach program that tries to get people to grow in their "faith". Anyway, as I was leaving, the student outreach leader for my campus came out of his Bible Study. Said to me, " I dont like what you are doing here by telling people our beliefs are wrong." I replied, "Seriously dude I dont ever say anything." Literally I dont say anything to anyone. Then he walked away saying, "I dont like you." I replied, "Thats nice because I dont care at all." Then because he made me angry I added, "You had better watch out for christianities biggest enemy. Its not science, history, logic, the educational system, scholary evidence, but common sense." Lol don't get me wrong science, history, logic, education, and scholary evidence do a great job dismissing God, but I think common sense is number one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2010, 10:41 PM

RE: Life keeps getting better
Good job on your retort...sounds like you maintained your civility, which is what works for any atheist's argument.

I have to admit that I feel quite free myself after finally uttering "I don't believe in any gods" and "I'm an atheist". I had reservations at first, but now it's opened up quite nicely. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2010, 10:53 PM

(17-04-2010 10:41 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  Good job on your retort...sounds like you maintained your civility, which is what works for any atheist's argument.

I have to admit that I feel quite free myself after finally uttering "I don't believe in any gods" and "I'm an atheist". I had reservations at first, but now it's opened up quite nicely. Smile

Still waiting for your response to my question about your wife being a Christian or just believing in God.
17-04-2010, 10:54 PM
(17-04-2010 10:53 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Still waiting for your response to my question about your wife being a Christian or just believing in God.

Still wondering why it's any of your business

17-04-2010, 11:40 PM

(17-04-2010 10:54 PM)Green Wrote:  
(17-04-2010 10:53 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Still waiting for your response to my question about your wife being a Christian or just believing in God.

Not asking you!
18-04-2010, 05:10 AM

(17-04-2010 11:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(17-04-2010 10:54 PM)Green Wrote:  

Not asking you!

What's it to you?

That is a personal question that I choose not to answer. What's the point of the question?
18-04-2010, 09:48 AM

Omega21, I know how you feel.... I was deeply upset as I stated to get all these questions about the world... even more upset when I read the bible... and completely unsatisfied with all the theology and apologetics.

Once I realized that the Abrahamic god could not exist and the church was a scam my life started to make sense as did the world. I felt much better.

Glad you managed to wake up.
18-04-2010, 11:17 AM

(14-04-2010 10:41 AM)omega21 Wrote:  I'm taking a study break to write some thoughts I had.
Ever since I dumped christianity like four months ago my life has been getting better. I feel free and not entrapped by superstition. Which relates to that "Set Yourself Free" video on this website. People seem to care less that I am an athiest. Don't get me wrong I lost like three "friends" but I don't care. The one's I lost I never really hung out with anyway. The one's that never really cared that I am an athiest I hang out with all the time which is like 50 people.
Lol last night I was getting a snack in the student center. My college has a campus outreach program that tries to get people to grow in their "faith". Anyway, as I was leaving, the student outreach leader for my campus came out of his Bible Study. Said to me, " I dont like what you are doing here by telling people our beliefs are wrong." I replied, "Seriously dude I dont ever say anything." Literally I dont say anything to anyone. Then he walked away saying, "I dont like you." I replied, "Thats nice because I dont care at all." Then because he made me angry I added, "You had better watch out for christianities biggest enemy. Its not science, history, logic, the educational system, scholary evidence, but common sense." Lol don't get me wrong science, history, logic, education, and scholary evidence do a great job dismissing God, but I think common sense is number one.

It has been my repeated and consistent observation, that common sense is not a high art in religious circles.

It has also been my observation, that if you tell a religionist his wife is cheating on him, he is just as likely as an atheist to require proof of this infidelity. However, religion being what it is, common sense is indeed "God's kryptonite", and must in the presence of religion be suspended and avoided at all costs.

The greatest crime one can ever commit in religious circles is - to think.
21-04-2010, 10:25 PM

High schools are the most religiously prominent places in my opinion.. x.x
It's despicable. There's a christian club/group on my campus and they get funded for their activities and whatever. Government funded religious organizations need to be stopped.
21-04-2010, 10:40 PM
(21-04-2010 10:25 PM)st4rk1ll3r666 Wrote:  Government funded religious organizations need to be stopped.

Agreed. I don't need my taxes going to the brainwashing of kids and whatnot... Catholic schools need to be privately funded and religion has absolutely no place in public schools.