Life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness
Quote:We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

Didn't seem to count for the folks at the Vegas concert, or in that Texas church, or in that theater in Colorado, or the schools in Columbine and Sandy Hook, and many more.

In one study, it has been estimated that 31% of public mass shootings occur in the U.S., although it has only 5% of the world's population.

Seems to me that the right to be alive should outweigh the right to bear weapons capable of killing big numbers of people.

I am not anti gun - I own a hand gun and a rifle. I am against weapons that can kill masses of people. (The FBI defines a mass killing as one that kills more than 4 persons successively. )

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
07-11-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: Life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness
(07-11-2017 09:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  In one study, it has been estimated that 31% of public mass shootings occur in the U.S., although it has only 5% of the world's population.

"Americans make up about 4.4 percent of the global population but own 42 percent of the world’s guns."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world...&smtyp=cur
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post