Life makes more sense now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2013 04:35 PM by onedream.)
Life makes more sense now.
I worked in the Christian entertainment industry for 20 years. One of the big complaints we had about our own industry was: "Why isn't the Christian industry setting the creative standard? Why isn't the world copying us, instead of the other way around? After all, we're hooked up to the ultimate source of all creativity...God, Himself!!!"

The Answer is simple: We weren't connected tithe ultimate source of all creativity, because He doesn't exist!!!"

That nagging question used to bug me. Now I know why the Christian industry wasn't setting the creative standard. All we we were was human parrots.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onedream's post
26-08-2013, 04:33 PM
RE: Life makes more sense now.
Audience repeats: "... human parrots".

Amen.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
31-08-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Life makes more sense now.
(26-08-2013 04:31 PM)onedream Wrote:  I worked in the Christian entertainment industry for 20 years. One of the big complaints we had about our own industry was: "Why isn't the Christian industry setting the creative standard? Why isn't the world copying us, instead of the other way around? After all, we're hooked up to the ultimate source of all creativity...God, Himself!!!"

The Answer is simple: We weren't connected tithe ultimate source of all creativity, because He doesn't exist!!!"

That nagging question used to bug me. Now I know why the Christian industry wasn't setting the creative standard. All we we were was human parrots.

There has been the odd time I enjoy a music artist and later find out they are a mega christian artist. Sufjan Stevens is an example. Matisyahu is another. That's because they are talented humans though... no ultimate sources that beat all sources. Due credit. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post