Life satisfaction out of 10

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Life satisfaction out of 10
Hi,

I don't know if anyone wants to do this, but my wife and were talking about stuff today and we graded our current satisfaction with life as a number out of 10. Perfect would be 10 and 0 would be the pits.

She was 5/10 and I was 3/10. To put this in perspective we are both nearly 70 yrs old and have considerable health problems, although our relationship together is good. The number was about how we feel as individuals at this stage of life.

So that is the question. How do you feel at this stage of your life as a number out of 10? No need to give details, I'm just interested to see how the numbers come out, maybe in relation to age or geographic area or maybe just the numbers.

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: Life satisfaction out of 10
8/10 if a perfect 10 is a best life that I personally could've achieved. If a perfect 10 is the best life I can possibly imagine, then it would be lower.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
13-09-2016, 01:14 PM
8, since I retired. Shy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-09-2016, 01:24 PM
6 maybe. I dislike my job and my country not to mention annoying people there.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
13-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Hmm. I'd say 9, if I can't have 8.5. I want a few more things to happen that haven't yet, but they're on the way. My kids are happy and healthy and in or finished with school, I retired honorably and with a nice income, my wife works and makes good money, because she loves it...we are debt free and have lots of toys. Health issues are really the only things keeping me from a 10. Unfortunately, they persist.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
13-09-2016, 01:31 PM
8ish as well. I'll be 72 next month.

The serious health issues do not bother me too much, everything possible is being done to keep my dickey ticker ticking. When it stops it stops :shrug: Otherwise
I am a born optimist.

Niggles, like an aching shoulder, bursitis in my hips, gout flares etc. detract from the QOL.

And I just cannot get enthused any more, and perhaps that is the worst bit. Winkling out creationists' creative crimes against science and the truth is the best bit this month!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
13-09-2016, 02:36 PM
At 4 a.m., often about a 2/10, but most of the time about 7.5-8.5, sometimes floating up to 10 for a bit (as I achieved a few of my really big goals over the past year or so).

It's nothing like a steady state, but I kind of enjoy the roller coaster.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
13-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Fourish
13-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Up to age 14: 2/10
14-18: 8/10
18-39: 10/10
39-65: 8/10

Expand if requested.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2016, 03:06 PM
8.5 since retirement. Before that, I'd have given it a 3. Assholes abounded where I worked. In fact, one guy had a poster in his office that said, "If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport!". I had a long 47 mile commute (my fault) through some of the worst traffic in the US (405 FWY through the Sepulveda Pass, anyone?) and tons of overtime due to the management keeping head count low, and squeezing more and more out of the existing work force. Dropping all the money I could into the 401(k) plan allowed me to retire at 62. My life time would be drastically shorter, had I worked until 65, I am convinced.