• 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: Life satisfaction out of 10
(22-09-2016 03:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 03:15 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Banjo,

I'm humbled. Sad

Maybe I could give you one of my numbers and we would have 2 each? Bowing

D.

It's not a good thing dude. I awoke thinking of suicide.

I've been through the ringer these last 2 years and 2 weeks. Sudden denial of my med's through theft, fighting my entire life. I'm tired. I'm sick. And I'm losing patience.

Two hospitals already this week alone. My only visitor is a cat because all my friend are on tour somewhere on the planet. My career is over, at 52. I've lost so much skill.

I am alive, which is good. But to what end?

Cannot even go to group meetings with other patients because I am considered a great danger to them.

I cannot think straight and even people I thought knew me, such as a certain moderator here made me feel like shit because he did not consider the signature or the many posts regarding my position.

Now he just pisses me off.

I used to love this place. It was an escape. Now it fits in among other things and I do not care as much and may simply never come back soon.

My very good friend here, Erik, is dead by his own hand which put me in hospital near death.

Thanks Tartarus Sauce.

Do NOT ever meet me.

So actually today, life is more 1-.5.

WTF happened here, Banjo? You can't just leave here, you are a big part of what makes this forum! I hope it's just the drugs speaking. We need you here and you know it! Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
23-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Well Banjo: I hope very much that it is your missing drugs that are speaking here and that you feel better soon, when you have all your medicine again? You're a great guy and we'd like to keep you a little longer.

As for my own rating out of 10 I would say a 4. Constant health issues and other troubles combined with all the things I haven't achieved yet and things I haven't done yet. Hopefully, fingers crossed, I will be up to a 5 by next month, we will see.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
23-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Quote:DO NOT EMAIL ME REGARDING A RETURN. You'll never have heard such language.

Plus I am posting on the site of a newbie atheist??? What a fucking joke!

Lifelong atheist here.

Hey Banjo. I don't know if you'll ever read this, but I want to share something I have figured out. For whatever it's worth. Maybe nothing.

I don't talk about my situation. It's personal. I'll say this...it isn't as bad as yours is, but it certainly isn't as far from yours as I wish it was. Do what you want with that.

For me, personally, I found (eventually...I guess I'm a slow learner) that conflict breeds passion. The only real passion in my life these days comes from conflict. I don't want to cause conflict with my family, so I find it here, and in places like this.
I've found that passion is necessary for LIFE. Not for living, but for LIFE.

It may be that you have gotten to the point where you can't even find passion in conflict- I will only say that it doesn't SOUND like that is the case. But if it is, I don't know what I would do in that position...but it would be a difficult place to be.

Good luck, brother. Whatever is best for you, I hope you find it.
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
23-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Im a 10 although I am in no particular special place or circumstance.

Only when I think about it, compare my life to those around me who seem to have it easier and consider the past and hurtful things that have happened does that number drop.

Just become a nihilist. Everything seems so beautifully pointless.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 9 users Like bemore's post
24-09-2016, 01:54 AM
Hi,

Since being on this forum my number has ticked up from 3 to 4. Smile

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
24-09-2016, 03:42 AM
(22-09-2016 06:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Final post.

I am OUT! Did not want to come back the first time but received many emails....

Tartarus Sauce has driven me off. Pathetic moderator. Took my condition into no account at all. It is likely terminal.

Got sick of being fucked around regarding my interview. [...]

Hey matey... if you're still reading at TTA, please know that my thoughts are with you, and I have enough faith (non-fucking religious!) that you'll do the right thing by Banjo—rather than endlessly attempting to satisfy the wishes and advice of every other self-styled "expert" on the planet. (like me LOL)

I know ultimately you'll do the right thing, and I'll wish you all the very best regardless of what it is. But I'm trusting you'll hang in there mate, whatever.

—Take care. Heart

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-09-2016, 03:49 AM
I vary between 4 on a "down" day to around 7 on a "good" day. Such is the nature of clinical depression and GAD, coupled with a major sleep disorder I guess. It's a long time since I'd rate myself at near 10... far too fucking long LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Well, really, satisfaction depends on how you look at things. Basically I am on 10, I am satisfied with where I am in life. I want to be here, and I could continue on like this permanently and be content. In other words, I don't feel that I need to strive to change things about my life.

Then I think of "body satisfaction" as in health and well being, I tend to see that as a separate thing since one can only do so much about it. I tend to not obsess about things I cannot change - I just manage them and spend my time on other things.

So I am changing my 8 to a 10.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-09-2016, 07:36 AM
2 out of 10.

And what the fuck did I miss with Banjo?
29-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Hard to place a number on it. My girlfriend and I make enough money to put us in the upper middle class range. I'm approaching 40 in phenomenal physical condition. Got two wonderful kids, a house in a nice suburb and a vacation property out in the sticks with easy access to multiple lakes a couple hours north. Things should be good. But the emotions that typically dominate my day are that of chronic restlessness and sexual frustration. For one of those the solution is obvious, but seemingly unattainable nonetheless. As for the other, the only time I really feel content is when I'm up in the mountains doing Army training blowing shit up, wishing orders would come down for another deployment. We just finished the year that was supposed to be our deployment cycle and the fact that nothing happened had me pretty down for a while.

4 maybe, depending on the day?

'Murican Canadian