Like it or not, God is immoral.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 05:25 AM

This clip shows how man has defined morality. I generally agree with it as it closely resembles the morality shown in all the holy books. I see them as closely resembling the golden rule.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

This clip show how what I see as a good representation of moral men judging God’s morality. I agree with their verdict and judge God to be immoral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

From the above and from all that we know of God as depicted in the Bible, one can only conclude that God is immoral.

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree.

Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans.

If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: Like it or not, God is immoral.
But how can something that doesn't exist be either moral or immoral? Confused

Welcome to TTA. The only one here that won't agree with your assertions is a Calvinist who believes God's morality cannot be judged by human standards because God acts above and outside our puny understanding of morality.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Ah, good day, sir. I see you have joined us from over at af.org... as you can see I'm everywhere... I'm like aids, only more fun.

Welcome.

[Image: opforum1.png]
12-09-2012, 07:46 AM
(12-09-2012 07:44 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Ah, good day, sir. I see you have joined us from over at af.org... as you can see I'm everywhere... I'm like aids, only more fun.

Welcome.

Nah, you're not deadly enough. More like a fungus. You put the 'fun' in fungi.Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2012, 07:51 AM
(12-09-2012 07:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  Nah, you're not deadly enough. More like a fungus. You put the 'fun' in fungi.Big Grin
There ain't nothing funny about fungi (-> fingers). Angry

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-09-2012, 07:56 AM
(12-09-2012 05:25 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  This clip show how what I see as a good representation of moral men judging God’s morality. I agree with their verdict and judge God to be immoral.

I'm assuming you agree with me that humans are imperfect and are incapable of being perfect.

In Christian theology, God is perfect in every way. How can imperfect men judge a perfect being?

Moreover, why are men holding God to a moral standard created by men? What makes this standard the standard.

Morality is relative to societies, and there are different understanding of morality all around the world. A moral standard is picked to judge God simply because it seems the best and most accepted because that moral standard of that society is the largest and most accepted. How can something so shifting be used to judge something so great?

Quote:From the above and from all that we know of God as depicted in the Bible, one can only conclude that God is immoral.

All those with intelligence who can discern moral actions from immoral actions will agree.

Moral actions for this exercise will be those issues where God interacts with humans.

If you do not agree that God is immoral from what you have heard above, then give your reason and I will show that God chose the immoral path in whatever action you choose to use as your example of his moral action. That or I will show that any of his altruistic acts are self-serving.

Regards
DL

No matter how smart or intelligent men are, if you're referencing the God from Christian theology, God is infinitely smarter and more intelligent; therefore, there can be no comparison.

If God is perfect, His morality is perfect. If His actions depict something morally repugnant, you have to ask the question, "Is it repugnant from a human standard or God's standard?"

It's like this:

If you put poison on an ant bed and totally wipe out the ants, is that morally wrong from a human standard? No, of course not. You want to keep your yard safe for you, your children, and your pets. However, from the ants point of view, you have just committed mass murder.

So, who is right in this scenario? The one with the most power, of course. Humans are astronomically more powerful and wise than ants; therefore, their moral standard reigns.

If God is infinitely more powerful and wise than humans, then His moral standard reigns supreme. We are unable to judge Him or hold Him accountable to our moral standard.

He is only held accountable to Himself since nothing else can be perfect or infinite; therefore, His morals are His own and serve the purpose of His plan.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-09-2012, 08:03 AM
(12-09-2012 07:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  But how can something that doesn't exist be either moral or immoral? Confused

Welcome to TTA. The only one here that won't agree with your assertions is a Calvinist who believes God's morality cannot be judged by human standards because God acts above and outside our puny understanding of morality.

Well played, sir.

Well played.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
12-09-2012, 08:08 AM
(12-09-2012 07:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  If God is perfect, His morality is perfect. If His actions depict something morally repugnant, you have to ask the question, "Is it repugnant from a human standard or God's standard?"
a. How do you know that god's morality is not equal to ours?
b. How do you know that god has his own standard?
c. "X is perfect, therefore it's morality is perfect" does not logically follow. What is perfect morality even supposed to be?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-09-2012, 08:17 AM
If god were a perfect creator, she would make perfect creations. The If you *think* she didn't, you also think she is not an adequate creator.

Actually we ARE "perfect", in the sense that we do ALWAYS follow the laws of nature, (Physics and Chemistry). You may not like the outcomes, sometimes, but the workings of the laws, (ie the causes of mental illness -> crazy actions) are somewhat known, and increasingly discovered every day..see Eagleman et all ), and 100 % consistent.

Perfection is also relative, not just Morality. Both are irrelevant, as there is no evidence for god(s). What's happening here is that a human moral code is being compared to a human perfection standard. That's all there is. There is nothing else to work with.

God(s) cannot "act". If they do, "what took so long ?". God(s) "acting" is a refutation of her "eternal" nature. Can't have it both ways.

If power is the standard, then Hitler standing over a helpless prisoner, is moral.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
(12-09-2012 07:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  But how can something that doesn't exist be either moral or immoral? Confused

It could not. That is why I said as depicted in the bible. That is what we are to judge.

Quote:Welcome to TTA. The only one here that won't agree with your assertions is a Calvinist who believes God's morality cannot be judged by human standards because God acts above and outside our puny understanding of morality.

I admit I did not cast around to see how many believers were about here. If you are right. I will find few to argue with.

Most here will be atheists then and as a Gnostic Christian, I usually agree with atheist's morals so I may not find any here to argue with at all. Arguing the existence of God is a useless exercise until he shows up and if he ever did, the Haig would have the first crack at him and if they missed, I have something for the S O B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vCww3j2-w

Regards
DL