Like it or not, God is immoral.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: Like it or not, God is immoral.
(12-09-2012 07:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  But how can something that doesn't exist be either moral or immoral? Confused

Welcome to TTA. The only one here that won't agree with your assertions is a Calvinist who believes God's morality cannot be judged by human standards because God acts above and outside our puny understanding of morality.

Unless, of course, the judgement is in favor of God. In which case it is totally fine to judge and dictate 'truth'.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 03:09 PM
(12-09-2012 01:32 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  No atheist has ever disputed my moral position or this link.
Care to elaborate on your moral position? For example, what's your stance on homosexuality?

(12-09-2012 01:32 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  What do you call the laws and morals of the land? Secular morals perhaps?
Or brand X.
I don't like using labels. Call it whatever you want to.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Eurfgh. I felt like responding to some points, but this whole thread just started sounding like two geeks fighting over how to conduct a game of D&D--esoteric and irrelevant not only to the lives of non-players but also to the lives of the players themselves.

Bored now.

(12-09-2012 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  How about a couple of us drop in to your church and debate various ethical considerations of secular humanism amongst ourselves? Loudly.

That sounds like a hoot! Most churches don't charge for entry.
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
12-09-2012, 03:17 PM
(12-09-2012 01:14 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  [

In essence, then, your belief in Christianity is irrelevant to your life.

Yes and no.
Don't you hate that kind of beginning?

Yes in the sense that I do not believe in Christianity. It is an immoral theology that any sane man would discard for the crap that it is.

No it was not irrelevant as it helped me push my apotheosis. No proof, don't ask for any and no, I will not try to push anyone for belief in my anecdotal experience.

From what my research has shown, there were basically Gnostic cults or sects for many of the old religions.

From MPOV, all scriptures were written to initiate and prompt dialog in the search for God and or reasons for things being as they are.

I recommend that all Gods be thought of as myths unless one is lucky enough to have an apotheosis. Only then should anyone believe in the unseen. Even then, to believe that what is found is the end to the seeking would mean that the seeker is lost to idol worship.

Apotheosis to me is just finding a rung on Jacob's ladder. Please do not use the dictionary definition because although not wrong, it gives the wrong impression.

Regards
DL

You don't believe in Christianity, yet you label yourself as a Gnostic Christian.

You talk about an apotheosis, but caution against using the definition of the word.

Maybe you could use clearer language if you want to be understood.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2012, 03:21 PM
(12-09-2012 03:15 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  Eurfgh. I felt like responding to some points, but this whole thread just started sounding like two geeks fighting over how to conduct a game of D&D--esoteric and irrelevant not only to the lives of non-players but also to the lives of the players themselves.

Bored now.

(12-09-2012 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  How about a couple of us drop in to your church and debate various ethical considerations of secular humanism amongst ourselves? Loudly.

In all fairness, though... this is the Atheism and Theism forum. Theism can be discussed in any way. Atheism and atheists don't have a 100% claim over what can be discussed.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-09-2012, 03:22 PM
(12-09-2012 03:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 01:14 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Yes and no.
Don't you hate that kind of beginning?

Yes in the sense that I do not believe in Christianity. It is an immoral theology that any sane man would discard for the crap that it is.

No it was not irrelevant as it helped me push my apotheosis. No proof, don't ask for any and no, I will not try to push anyone for belief in my anecdotal experience.

From what my research has shown, there were basically Gnostic cults or sects for many of the old religions.

From MPOV, all scriptures were written to initiate and prompt dialog in the search for God and or reasons for things being as they are.

I recommend that all Gods be thought of as myths unless one is lucky enough to have an apotheosis. Only then should anyone believe in the unseen. Even then, to believe that what is found is the end to the seeking would mean that the seeker is lost to idol worship.

Apotheosis to me is just finding a rung on Jacob's ladder. Please do not use the dictionary definition because although not wrong, it gives the wrong impression.

Regards
DL

You don't believe in Christianity, yet you label yourself as a Gnostic Christian.

You talk about an apotheosis, but caution against using the definition of the word.

Maybe you could use clearer language if you want to be understood.

I'm confused about this as well. Gnostic Christianity is a REALLY bold claim, and yet, he doesn't seem to believe in Christianity or the Bible.

In fact... I don't really understand what he believes.

12-09-2012, 03:22 PM
(12-09-2012 03:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:15 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  Eurfgh. I felt like responding to some points, but this whole thread just started sounding like two geeks fighting over how to conduct a game of D&D--esoteric and irrelevant not only to the lives of non-players but also to the lives of the players themselves.

Bored now.

In all fairness, though... this is the Atheism and Theism forum. Theism can be discussed in any way. Atheism and atheists don't have a 100% claim over what can be discussed.

No, but if I want to listen to crazy people talk crazy, I'll go to the crazy forum. This isn't it.

12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
(12-09-2012 03:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In all fairness, though... this is the Atheism and Theism forum. Theism can be discussed in any way. Atheism and atheists don't have a 100% claim over what can be discussed.

No, but if I want to listen to crazy people talk crazy, I'll go to the crazy forum. This isn't it.

Then why are you continually posting in this topic? Why are you complaining about theism in a forum where theism is supposed to be discussed?

This sounds like whining to me.

So, like you said to me earlier, " But you are here of your own free will. Stop whining."

12-09-2012, 03:30 PM
(12-09-2012 03:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, but if I want to listen to crazy people talk crazy, I'll go to the crazy forum. This isn't it.

Then why are you continually posting in this topic? Why are you complaining about theism in a forum where theism is supposed to be discussed?

So, like you said to me earlier, " But you are here of your own free will. Stop whining."

Kc, don't be so fucking obtuse. You two are having a side conversation about theism on an atheist forum. You don't see that as inappropriate? It's downright rude.

12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
(12-09-2012 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Then why are you continually posting in this topic? Why are you complaining about theism in a forum where theism is supposed to be discussed?

Kc, don't be so fucking obtuse. You two are having a side conversation about theism on an atheist forum. You don't see that as inappropriate? It's downright rude.

I guess I can't speak for Chas, but I was just being whiny.