Like it or not, God is immoral.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Like it or not, God is immoral.
(12-09-2012 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Then why are you continually posting in this topic? Why are you complaining about theism in a forum where theism is supposed to be discussed?

This sounds like whining to me.

So, like you said to me earlier, " But you are here of your own free will. Stop whining."

Kc, don't be so fucking obtuse. You two are having a side conversation about theism on an atheist forum. You don't see that as inappropriate? It's downright rude.

Are you serious?

Rude? This whole topic is theistic in nature. This forum is for discussion of atheism and theism. The admins have repeatedly said that the entire forum isn't a forum for just atheists. Theists are encouraged to posts theism.

How is this any different than say Bucky Ball posting something and a theist engaging him in discussion? He is discussing theism with a theist.

I think you need to reevaluate.

***can I stop whispering now?***

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Another exile from af.org. Place must still suck. And Greatest, still fucking testy, I see. Big Grin

But, come on. Being a Christian, it is axiomatic that God = Good. Speaking out against God's morality conflicts your chosen faith. What are you really after?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
(12-09-2012 03:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Kc, don't be so fucking obtuse. You two are having a side conversation about theism on an atheist forum. You don't see that as inappropriate? It's downright rude.

Are you serious?

Rude? This whole topic is theistic in nature. This forum is for discussion of atheism and theism. The admins have repeatedly said that the entire forum isn't a forum for just atheists. Theists are encouraged to posts theism.

How is this any different than say Bucky Ball posting something and a theist engaging him in discussion? He is discussing theism with a theist.

You do not see the difference between atheists and theists engaging in discussion and debate versus two theists arguing their myths? On a forum on atheism.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
(12-09-2012 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Are you serious?

You do not see the difference between atheists and theists engaging in discussion and debate versus two theists arguing their myths? On a forum on atheism.

Yes, I see the difference, but it's still a theistic discussion.

An atheist discussing theism is still as much theism as two theists discussing theism.

And again... the whole freakin' topic is theistic. If it was an atheistic discussion, this thread wouldn't exist.

Read Erxomai's first response. That would be the extent of atheistic discussion. Since that's not the extent, everything else is theistic. Who discusses it is irrelevant because whether or not it's 2 theists discussing it, 2 atheists, or a mix, it still makes it theistic.

But no, you really are whining now.

12-09-2012, 04:16 PM
(12-09-2012 04:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  You do not see the difference between atheists and theists engaging in discussion and debate versus two theists arguing their myths? On a forum on atheism.

An atheist discussing theism is still as much theism as two theists discussing theism.

And again... the whole freakin' topic is theistic. If it was an atheistic discussion, this thread wouldn't exist.

Read Erxomai's first response. That would be the extent of atheistic discussion. Since that's not the extent, everything else is theistic. Who discusses it is irrelevant because whether or not it's 2 theists discussing it, 2 atheists, or a mix, it still makes it theistic.

No, you are still missing the point.

12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
(12-09-2012 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 04:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

No, you are still missing the point.

No, I'm not.

Your point is just completely invalid.

13-09-2012, 09:42 AM
(12-09-2012 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you are still missing the point.

No, I'm not.

I owe you an apology. While I don't agree that my point is invalid, it may not be valid for this forum. My point is simply that two theists talking nonsense to each other on an atheist forum is inconsiderate in my opinion. And I am sorry that you seem unable to see that point.

But my opinion is only that, and it does not coincide, in this case, with the zeitgeist of this forum. I am sorry, and I should have kept my mouth shut.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
13-09-2012, 10:12 AM
KC has earned the right to do some one-on-one 'round here, my opinion. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-09-2012, 10:49 AM
(13-09-2012 09:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, I'm not.

I owe you an apology. While I don't agree that my point is invalid, it may not be valid for this forum. My point is simply that two theists talking nonsense to each other on an atheist forum is inconsiderate in my opinion. And I am sorry that you seem unable to see that point.

But my opinion is only that, and it does not coincide, in this case, with the zeitgeist of this forum. I am sorry, and I should have kept my mouth shut.

I guess I misunderstood your point.

You saying that two theists arguing is inconsiderate on an atheist, while I don't agree because there have been numerous debates on the theistic subjects, is a valid opinion.

The point that I was saying was invalid was the fact that you didn't think theistic arguments should be taking place.

It was a break down in communication.

Thank you, though.

***Please, PLEASE, can I stop whispering, now?***

13-09-2012, 10:58 AM
(13-09-2012 10:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ***Please, PLEASE, can I stop whispering, now?***[/size]
Yes. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]