Likes Given vs. Likes Recieved

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Likes Given vs. Likes Recieved
(02-05-2013 11:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 04:25 PM)Peanut Wrote:  So... You admit to stalking the other forum members? Consider You probably saw this thread and went hunting for the profiles of people that you felt were "stingy."

Big Grin

I didn't need to go hunting. Maybe it's just me that notices but a double-figure 'likes given' stands out a mile.

As FT pointed out, it's been an hypothesis I've considered for a while that the low-likers are likely here for the forum-esque activity here whereas the high-likers are here for the community-esque nature of the place.

I'm making a judgement but there is no condemnation attached.

Your theory does hold true for me as well. I'm not a big "liker" and I am more drawn to the forum aspect than the community. That just isn't evident here any more because I been here so damn long I know everyone whether I want to or not! Dodgy

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Read 'em and weep, fuckers!

Total Likes Given 18,815 (34.92 per day | 10.36 percent of total )

Total Likes Received 10,542 (19.57 per day | 5.8 percent of total )

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
03-05-2013, 09:07 AM
(03-05-2013 09:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Read 'em and weep, fuckers!

WTF? Have you no life man?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evolve
03-05-2013, 10:34 AM
(03-05-2013 09:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 09:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Read 'em and weep, fuckers!

WTF? Have you no life man?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this has long been established.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
03-05-2013, 01:06 PM
It should be expected that you give less likes than you receive. Only you can give likes, but you can receive a like from any number of people.
03-05-2013, 01:10 PM
I guess you motherfuckers just don't impress me much.

Likes given, 452
Likes received, 823

I think Girly has received about 1/3 of my likes by himself. I almost always enjoy his posts. I've given quite a few to Stark as well.

03-05-2013, 01:58 PM
What really counts is the ratio of posts to likes. It indicates the overall quality of your posts.

So having 10000 likes can actually be indicative of poor quality posts, if your total post count is 100,000 posts. That's only 0.1 likes per post.

So Erx, for example, has a ton of likes, but also a ton of posts. When we look at the comparison is when we can see how much his posts are actually liked. (in this example, erxys posts are, indeed, quite popular) It seems to me, at a glance, that anything around .75 likes per post or higher indicates a fairly popular/well liked poster.

Just saying.

Just visiting.

-SR
03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Lol Magoo

03-05-2013, 10:01 PM
(03-05-2013 01:58 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What really counts is the ratio of posts to likes. It indicates the overall quality of your posts.

So having 10000 likes can actually be indicative of poor quality posts, if your total post count is 100,000 posts. That's only 0.1 likes per post.

So Erx, for example, has a ton of likes, but also a ton of posts. When we look at the comparison is when we can see how much his posts are actually liked. (in this example, erxys posts are, indeed, quite popular) It seems to me, at a glance, that anything around .75 likes per post or higher indicates a fairly popular/well liked poster.

Just saying.

You must be utterly wrong in your analysis because when I run MY numbers I only get 0.73036897 and that is totally unacceptable. I think you meant 0.70 didn't you? DIDN'T YOU? DIDN'T YOU?

Censored Stark

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
03-05-2013, 10:06 PM
(03-05-2013 10:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 01:58 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What really counts is the ratio of posts to likes. It indicates the overall quality of your posts.

Just saying.

You must be utterly wrong in your analysis because when I run MY numbers I only get 0.73036897 and that is totally unacceptable. I think you meant 0.70 didn't you? DIDN'T YOU? DIDN'T YOU?

Censored Stark

No.

I didn't.

Drinking Beverage

Just visiting.

-SR