Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income
the same thing happened before with royal and noble families, they where chosen by god or whatever BS they said to justify keeping their families in power even though eventually their descendants where so fuked up they fucked up everything. That's the problem when we say "they're entitled to whatever they get" is a snowball, at first is seems fair, and probably it is, but when all the wealth in a nation is owned by one or two persons and the rest is subjugated to their will, would we call that fair and just? Every right has its limits, even life, so why not property or profit? why do we think is such a sacred right? it's almost an act of faith

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2012, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 08:50 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(22-03-2012 05:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  No, I'm saying that he's clearly appointing the majority of the people in his company on merit otherwise the company wouldn't be turning a profit.
Yah he hires other people besides his family.....This is an argument for what exactly?

(22-03-2012 05:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 04:40 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  You are assuming the family members actually do stuff thats significant...

No, I'm saying that he's clearly appointing the majority of the people in his company on merit otherwise the company wouldn't be turning a profit.

mysticbyrd Wrote:Afford what? He hires his son, thus giving him money and keeping money in the family. Its not even costing him anything. In fact, he writes it off on companies taxes as payroll. Public companies are far worse, because its not even their money they are using.

Of course it's costing him. It's his company ergo his money. In fact, in the part I've been so kind enough to edit into bold you've even shown that you understand that it's his own money.

Its his money assuming there are no other people invested in the company, and no govt funding involved. However, like I said, its a huge write off and he is keeping the money in the family. Its not costing him anything, as a family unit he is actually making money.

(22-03-2012 06:44 PM)nach_in Wrote:  the same thing happened before with royal and noble families, they where chosen by god or whatever BS they said to justify keeping their families in power even though eventually their descendants where so fuked up they fucked up everything. That's the problem when we say "they're entitled to whatever they get" is a snowball, at first is seems fair, and probably it is, but when all the wealth in a nation is owned by one or two persons and the rest is subjugated to their will, would we call that fair and just? Every right has its limits, even life, so why not property or profit? why do we think is such a sacred right? it's almost an act of faith

This is exactly right. Heck look at Hugh's last 2 post, it almost sounds like he is worshiping the wealthy.
Its actually a little weird.

"the people around the top must be worthy"
23-03-2012, 02:11 AM
OK MJB, I'm getting really bored of pointing out the plainly fucking obvious to you. All I said was that this guy clearly isn't flooding his business with incompetent family members. The evidence is the fact that he's still making money.

And now I worship the wealthy? If anything I'd say you have paranoia about anyone who gets off their ass and does a days work.

So rather than try and explain this simple concept to you let's try a different tactic. You tell me how you think the system should work. So what would it be? All employment has to be signed off by the Government to prevent 'corruption'? No that wouldn't work because according to you the Government is 'corrupt' as well.

So this is where we stand now. Rather than telling everyone why everything doesn't work and is unfair, tell us how it should work. If you wanna contribute in life it's not enough to just attack a situation, you have to offer a viable alternative. When you think about things you quite often realise that although the current situation may not be perfect there aren't any feasible alternative that are any better.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
23-03-2012, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 12:19 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(23-03-2012 02:11 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  OK MJB, I'm getting really bored of pointing out the plainly fucking obvious to you. All I said was that this guy clearly isn't flooding his business with incompetent family members. The evidence is the fact that he's still making money.

And now I worship the wealthy? If anything I'd say you have paranoia about anyone who gets off their ass and does a days work.

So rather than try and explain this simple concept to you let's try a different tactic. You tell me how you think the system should work. So what would it be? All employment has to be signed off by the Government to prevent 'corruption'? No that wouldn't work because according to you the Government is 'corrupt' as well.

So this is where we stand now. Rather than telling everyone why everything doesn't work and is unfair, tell us how it should work. If you wanna contribute in life it's not enough to just attack a situation, you have to offer a viable alternative. When you think about things you quite often realise that although the current situation may not be perfect there aren't any feasible alternative that are any better.

Obvious? Took you like 3-4 posts to say something simple, yet dumb. 'He isn't flooding his business with incompetent family members.' Well ok, sure thats true. Its not like he has that many family members anyways, but whatever. When he pays them 50x more than they are worth, its still a problem.

This guy is obviously corrupt and fucking the system over. I don't have a solution, to this particular problem because there isn't one. If you are talking about a solution to the disparity of wealth, well just read the title of the thread.

At the moment the whole system is corrupt. But lets not pretend that this guy isn't fucking people over, cuz we all know thats not true. There is obviously money there to give his minimum wage workers a descent salary, but instead pays his dipshit son outrageous gobs of money.
23-03-2012, 12:23 PM
If I have my own business one day I'm gonna pay my cousin $100,000 a year to inspect the copy machine for paper once an hour. Just cuz I can. And because Mystic will have kittens.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-03-2012, 12:27 PM
(23-03-2012 12:16 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Obvious? Took you like 3-4 posts to say something simple, yet dumb. 'He isn't flooding his business with incompetent family members.' Well ok, sure thats true. Its not like he has that many family members anyways, but whatever. When he pays them 50x more than they are worth, its still a problem.

This guy is obviously corrupt and fucking the system over. I don't have a solution, to this particular problem because there isn't one. If you are talking about a solution to the disparity of wealth, well just read the title of the thread.

At the moment the whole system is corrupt. But lets not pretend that this guy isn't fucking people over, cuz we all know thats not true. There is obviously money there to give his minimum wage workers a descent salary, but instead pays his dipshit son outrageous gobs of money.

No it took me 1 post to say something simple and then 3-4 posts repeating it as you failed to get it.

The words 'limited captialism' are just a little vague for me to understand your whole system, and they aren't even your own.

Rather than being all high and mighty about everything why don't you start a thread containing a viable way that society should be structured.

Also, who are you to say his son wasn't qualified. Maybe his son knows what he's doing. Hell the Dad runs the business so he obviously knows more about evaluating peoples abilities in that field than you.

On a personal note what the hell has happened to you recently? You used to be an opinionated yet respect member of the forum who I had a lot of time for. Over the last few weeks you've been an obnoxious little bitch who makes ridiculous claims he can't back up and attacks anyone who dares point it out, all this while rubbishing just about every facet of society. What the hell has changed?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
23-03-2012, 12:33 PM
(23-03-2012 12:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  If I have my own business one day I'm gonna pay my cousin $100,000 a year to inspect the copy machine for paper once an hour. Just cuz I can. And because Mystic will have kittens.

Good plan. Might as well scam the system as much as you can.
23-03-2012, 12:35 PM
(23-03-2012 12:33 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Good plan. Might as well scam the system as much as you can.

Who is he scamming. He's paying his own money to a person of his choice, at worst he's scamming himself.

Best
Worst
23-03-2012, 12:36 PM
(23-03-2012 12:33 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(23-03-2012 12:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  If I have my own business one day I'm gonna pay my cousin $100,000 a year to inspect the copy machine for paper once an hour. Just cuz I can. And because Mystic will have kittens.

Good plan. Might as well scam the system as much as you can.

Scam the system? As a business owner I would be well within my right and the law to hire whomever I wanted to fill whatever position I wanted them to fill. And.... pay them whichever amount I feel is worth it. If I feel having my cousin working with me and knowing that he and his family are taken care of is worth $100,000 a year who are you to argue?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-03-2012, 12:38 PM
(23-03-2012 12:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(23-03-2012 12:16 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Obvious? Took you like 3-4 posts to say something simple, yet dumb. 'He isn't flooding his business with incompetent family members.' Well ok, sure thats true. Its not like he has that many family members anyways, but whatever. When he pays them 50x more than they are worth, its still a problem.

No it took me 1 post to say something simple and then 3-4 posts repeating it as you failed to get it.

The words 'limited captialism' are just a little vague for me to understand your whole system, and they aren't even your own.

Rather than being all high and mighty about everything why don't you start a thread containing a viable way that society should be structured.

Also, who are you to say his son wasn't qualified. Maybe his son knows what he's doing. Hell the Dad runs the business so he obviously knows more about evaluating peoples abilities in that field than you.

On a personal note what the hell has happened to you recently? You used to be an opinionated yet respect member of the forum who I had a lot of time for. Over the last few weeks you've been an obnoxious little bitch who makes ridiculous claims he can't back up and attacks anyone who dares point it out, all this while rubbishing just about every facet of society. What the hell has changed?

So you admit the point you was making was dumb....at least thats a step. Of course no one would understand it if it didn't make sense.

So you want me to waste my time explaining an economic and tax system in detail on the internet? Something that takes volumes and volumes of books....right. I am not suggesting a complete overhaul of the system, thats not feasible and if you don't understand the suggestion illustrated in this thread by page 10, then that sounds like a personal problem.