Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2012, 12:43 PM
RE: Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income
(23-03-2012 12:38 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  So you admit the point you was making was dumb....at least thats a step. Of course no one would understand it if it didn't make sense.

So you want me to waste my time explaining an economic and tax system in detail on the internet? Something that takes volumes and volumes of books....right. I am not suggesting a complete overhaul of the system, thats not feasible and if you don't understand the suggestion illustrated in this thread by page 10, then that sounds like a personal problem.

Quote me the sentence where I said my post was dumb. My post was the most simple fucking observation on the planet yet for some reason you seem to want to have a tantrum about it.

Seriously, what is your problem at the moment? Has you best friend been banging your wife, are you on your period, have you just decided one day to be a total jackass? What's the deal here?

Oh, and by the way. Your failure to make a single suggestion on changes to society says to me that you can't think of any.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2012, 01:38 PM
let there be peace guys! this discussions have been going on for centuries and people still can't find a way to fix things, it's hard to find a good alternative if there is such thing, on the other hand is useful to find the problems in the current system to know what we must fix.
In the mean time, don't fight, that surely won't fix anything Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
23-03-2012, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 05:04 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
I just found these today, oddly enough it explains the situation quite nicely.

That is your hughsie, the fucktard proud of his piece of pepperoni.
24-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Wow. I've finally found someone with higher levels of Delusional Paranoia that you.

I almost feel bad for him, he probably thinks there are pixies after him as well, he can see non-existent threat anywhere.

So you and him think that the Government should stand on a hill with a giant cannon firing PS3s, Xboxs, TVs, Holidays, wads of cash, and various other shit to the people below? Even people who have no intention of working a day in their lives? Fuck off! I work hard, but I'm in low skilled jobs that anyone could do that generates very little money so I don't get paid great, I expect that. Why would I get paid well for a job practically anyone could do that makes no money? I'm proud of myself for working hard though. At least I'm not some tosser sat at home all day playing Xbox with food stains on the old T-shirt that covers my fat belly.

Oh, and by the way, there's a good reason that low skilled jobs are badly paid (I mean apart from that they deserve to be), it's your mate the general public who's to blame. Think about it, if the entire country agreed to refuse all jobs that pay less than £10 an hour what would happen? Companies would have to pay it or face going out of business because they have no staff. Why doesn't it happen? Because the general public are too happy to undercut each other for individual gain and won't work for the benefit of the community at the expense of themselves. That's your great moral public for you.

Imagine you advertise a job that pays $10 an hour. Ten people apply for it but one of them offers to do it for $9 an hour, who the hell would you hire?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
26-03-2012, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 07:30 PM by Antirepublican.)
I used to work at wal-mart a few years back, and at the time I could not grasp why my checking account was relatively stagnant. So, one day I sat down and actually calculated where my money was going.

As a new associate I was payed $8 an hour, which is a little higher than minimum wage because I had work experience. The store was about 25 miles from my house, and my car gets about 25 mpg. As full time, in any given month I would have worked an average of 21.4 days.

Gasoline Cost, currently gas is about $3.75.
2 gallons/day * 3.75 dollar/gallon * 21.4 days/month = $161 per month

Car Insurance
$600 / year = $50 per month

Car Payments
$200 / month

Average cost of Quick Food at work
$3 / day * 21.4 days = $64

Total: $475 cost
After taxes my income was less than $1,000 per month.

That means, just getting to work literally took HALF of my money. At the time I was living with my folks, but I can't see paying rent, electricity, water, health insurance, car repair, etc. . . with that little bit left over. Then again, the reason I can't see it is simple, its impossible!

People simply cannot live on the wages they are being paid anymore. How people can be unsympathetic to the plight of the poor is beyond me.
28-03-2012, 08:37 AM
(26-03-2012 07:17 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  I used to work at wal-mart a few years back, and at the time I could not grasp why my checking account was relatively stagnant. So, one day I sat down and actually calculated where my money was going.

As a new associate I was payed $8 an hour, which is a little higher than minimum wage because I had work experience. The store was about 25 miles from my house, and my car gets about 25 mpg. As full time, in any given month I would have worked an average of 21.4 days.

Car Insurance

Car Payments
$200 / month

That means, just getting to work literally took HALF of my money. At the time I was living with my folks, but I can't see paying rent, electricity, water, health insurance, car repair, etc. . . with that little bit left over. Then again, the reason I can't see it is simple, its impossible!

People simply cannot live on the wages they are being paid anymore. How people can be unsympathetic to the plight of the poor is beyond me.

Walmart is unskilled labor, no surprise it pays crap.

That said, those car payments could have gone - can't afford that, there are $1500 beaters out there that'd do the same job. Water & electric combined are ~$125 for me, in TX (apt). An apartment can be had for $500-600/mo, split with a roommate/spouse that's $250-300. Cheap groceries about $200/mo. Getting an apt closer to work would cut down on gas significantly. Cheap cars are cheap to fix, most stiff can be diy.

$68.5 car payment (assuming $1500 beater with 2 yr loan @ 8% - not sure about int rate...)

0.2 gal/day * 3.75/gal * 21.4 days = $16.1 (by moving within ~5mi of work. I live 2 miles from work, intentionally.

$150 for water + electric

$300 for apt

$60 for insurance ($50 car, $10 renters)

$200 for groceries

That leaves a little more than $200 for health insurance (if needed) and car repairs, which wouldn't happen every month. There's also some room for savings in groceries and apartment costs (another roommate) and maybe car, if you can manage biking to work. Not living like a king by any means, but doable. You just cant afford that car on walmart pay and you live too far from work to be practical.

Better without God, and happier too.
28-03-2012, 12:31 PM
(28-03-2012 08:37 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(26-03-2012 07:17 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  I used to work at wal-mart a few years back, and at the time I could not grasp why my checking account was relatively stagnant. So, one day I sat down and actually calculated where my money was going.

Car Insurance

Car Payments
$200 / month

Walmart is unskilled labor, no surprise it pays crap.

That said, those car payments could have gone - can't afford that, there are $1500 beaters out there that'd do the same job. Water & electric combined are ~$125 for me, in TX (apt). An apartment can be had for $500-600/mo, split with a roommate/spouse that's $250-300. Cheap groceries about $200/mo. Getting an apt closer to work would cut down on gas significantly. Cheap cars are cheap to fix, most stiff can be diy.

$68.5 car payment (assuming $1500 beater with 2 yr loan @ 8% - not sure about int rate...)

0.2 gal/day * 3.75/gal * 21.4 days = $16.1 (by moving within ~5mi of work. I live 2 miles from work, intentionally.

$150 for water + electric

$300 for apt

$60 for insurance ($50 car, $10 renters)

$200 for groceries

That leaves a little more than $200 for health insurance (if needed) and car repairs, which wouldn't happen every month. There's also some room for savings in groceries and apartment costs (another roommate) and maybe car, if you can manage biking to work. Not living like a king by any means, but doable. You just cant afford that car on walmart pay and you live too far from work to be practical.
Where is the entertainment budget? What you describe is a corporate slave, not a person.
28-03-2012, 01:21 PM
(28-03-2012 12:31 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Where is the entertainment budget? What you describe is a corporate slave, not a person.

[Image: fry-not-sure-if-trolling.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
28-03-2012, 01:23 PM
(28-03-2012 12:31 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
Quote:That leaves a little more than $200

Where is the entertainment budget? What you describe is a corporate slave, not a person.

Also, way to disrespect all those people who actually live like that.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-03-2012, 01:25 PM
That's so funny but I shouldn't be surprised. A guy named antirepublican thinks he is entitled to an entertainment budget. You know what I do so I can play golf every Sunday? I work a 2nd job.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain