Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2012, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 02:07 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
RE: Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income
(28-03-2012 01:23 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 12:31 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Where is the entertainment budget? What you describe is a corporate slave, not a person.

Also, way to disrespect all those people who actually live like that.
Its not disrespect to say someone is being treated as a slave, unless you mean disrespect to the company.
That comment was 100% true. Humans can't live w/o entertainment. Its crucial to our existence as people.

There is a huge company in china called foxxconn where pretty much all the electronics are made. That company has huge dorms that it forces its employees to live at. Recently they installed nets, because the people were jumping off and killing themselves in massive numbers.

(28-03-2012 01:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  That's so funny but I shouldn't be surprised. A guy named antirepublican thinks he is entitled to an entertainment budget. You know what I do so I can play golf every Sunday? I work a 2nd job.
Grats, you work too hard for nothing.

Wave that piece of pepperoni in one hand with the flag in the other.

Also that budget he wrote up was horse shit.
As if the only expenses you have are Electric and water, and its only $150 per month? Does this person have 1 light bulb and a compact refrigerator?
A $1500 dollar car is cheaper to repair?! WTF is that stupid shit? Ahh no. In fact, not only will it cost the same to fix, but oddly enough seeing as its an old clunker, its going to break down far more often. Sometimes buying the cheapest piece of shit you see isn't the best option out there.

There are a lot of people living on the wire like that. Even in the given scenario, all it would take is one emergency, especially medical, and that person is going under. No entertainment and only 1 emergency from being bankrupt or even homeless on the street is hardly the American dream, or an acceptable living standard.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 02:01 PM
(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 01:23 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Also, way to disrespect all those people who actually live like that.
Its not disrespect to say someone is being treated as a slave, unless you mean disrespect to the company.
That comment was 100% true. Humans can't live w/o entertainment. Its crucial to our existence as people.

There is a huge company in china called foxxconn where pretty much all the electronics are made. That company has huge dorms that it forces its employees to live at. Recently they installed nets, because the people were jumping off and killing themselves in massive numbers.

(28-03-2012 01:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  That's so funny but I shouldn't be surprised. A guy named antirepublican thinks he is entitled to an entertainment budget. You know what I do so I can play golf every Sunday? I work a 2nd job.

Y'all are fucking pathetic. You and anti are everything the Republicans claim is wrong with this country. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I work 40 hours a week enrolling students to provide for my family. Money is tight. So I install floors part time for extra cash. You just want to sit around and complain about how rich everyone else is and how you don't have anything that you are entitled to. Absolutely pathetic. Why don't you get the fuck away from your computer and put in a days work so you can learn to appreciate what it means to own something. Fucking freeloaders.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
28-03-2012, 02:08 PM
(28-03-2012 02:01 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Its not disrespect to say someone is being treated as a slave, unless you mean disrespect to the company.

Y'all are fucking pathetic. You and anti are everything the Republicans claim is wrong with this country. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I work 40 hours a week enrolling students to provide for my family. Money is tight. So I install floors part time for extra cash. You just want to sit around and complain about how rich everyone else is and how you don't have anything that you are entitled to. Absolutely pathetic. Why don't you get the fuck away from your computer and put in a days work so you can learn to appreciate what it means to own something. Fucking freeloaders.
WTF are you talking about? You keep saying you aren't a republican when I catch you knee deep in bull shit. Now you are back with the republicans? You flip flop more than mitt romney.

I don't have to work my ass off, I have a good job. And I bet I have done more work in a day then you have in your whole white suburb life.
28-03-2012, 02:15 PM
(28-03-2012 02:08 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 02:01 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Y'all are fucking pathetic. You and anti are everything the Republicans claim is wrong with this country. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I work 40 hours a week enrolling students to provide for my family. Money is tight. So I install floors part time for extra cash. You just want to sit around and complain about how rich everyone else is and how you don't have anything that you are entitled to. Absolutely pathetic. Why don't you get the fuck away from your computer and put in a days work so you can learn to appreciate what it means to own something. Fucking freeloaders.
WTF are you talking about? You keep saying you aren't a republican when I catch you knee deep in bull shit. Now you are back with the republicans? You flip flop more than mitt romney.

I don't have to work my ass off, I have a good job. And I bet I have done more work in a day then you have in your whole white suburb life.

WTF are you talking about? I am not a Republican. I am Libertarian who is registered Republican to vote in a closed primary. And what I said in no way indicated any alignment with the Republican party.

Let's see then.

I've worked as an RV washboy, a Popeye's fry cook, a grocery store stocker, unloaded trucks at a large fruit stand, I've done electrical work, plumbing work, built metal buildings, cool sealed metal roofs 40 feet off the ground in 110 degree heat, installed shingles, was in the Navy for 6 years where I routinely worked 20 hour days for months straight, I've worked 70 hour weeks selling cars for 3 years and I, for the first time in my life work a 40 hour job but only because the schedule allows my wife to go to school but I still manage to crawl onto a concrete slab and kick carpet and lay tile every weekend. So what have you done lately?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
28-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Seriously germanyt, don't bother.

He's beyond reason. He has his weird delusional paranoia about people who are successful, kinda like he thinks they use black magic or something. He thinks a corrupt Government is one that doesn't give every citizen a mansion, a car , a 50" TV a games console and a months holiday at a destination of their choice every 12 months. He's demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the economy (he doesn't understand why unskilled jobs that generate no money are low paid, even though I've explained it to him (and got no reply)), or politics (he clearly doesn't understand that the Government cannot spend unlimited amounts of money). And worst of all he's abusive to anyone with different opinions.

I'm one of the most chilled out members of the forum. I haven't been wound up by Parture, FatihBarut, Jesus H Christ, Abdelz, Egor or the entirety of WCF and even I think this guy's a total dick.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
28-03-2012, 03:54 PM
(28-03-2012 03:47 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Seriously germanyt, don't bother.

He's beyond reason. He has his weird delusional paranoia about people who are successful, kinda like he thinks they use black magic or something. He thinks a corrupt Government is one that doesn't give every citizen a mansion, a car , a 50" TV a games console and a months holiday at a destination of their choice every 12 months. He's demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the economy (he doesn't understand why unskilled jobs that generate no money are low paid, even though I've explained it to him (and got no reply)), or politics (he clearly doesn't understand that the Government cannot spend unlimited amounts of money). And worst of all he's abusive to anyone with different opinions.

I'm one of the most chilled out members of the forum. I haven't been wound up by Parture, FatihBarut, Jesus H Christ, Abdelz, Egor or the entirety of WCF and even I think this guy's a total dick.

Too much truth in one post. He and antirepublican chap my ass like no Christian ever could.

-Mark Twain
28-03-2012, 04:00 PM
(28-03-2012 03:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Too much truth in one post. He and antirepublican chap my ass like no Christian ever could.
I can't comment on antirepublican as I haven't read enough of his posts but MJB, well I think I've made my opinions clear enough.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-03-2012, 04:29 PM
(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  That comment was 100% true.

No, it wasn't.

(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Humans can't live w/o entertainment.

Yes, they can.

(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Its crucial to our existence as people.

No, it isn't. It's a luxury, not a right.

(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  There is a huge company in china called foxxconn where pretty much all the electronics are made. That company has huge dorms that it forces its employees to live at. Recently they installed nets, because the people were jumping off and killing themselves in massive numbers.

Sorry, but I know exactly what you're talking about, and you're entirely wrong.

Wikipedia on FoxxConn Wrote:The suicides prompted 20 Chinese universities to compile a report on Foxconn, which they decried as a labour camp. Other experts have claimed that employees are treated comparatively well at Foxconn, but news reports have been critical. Long working hours, discrimination of mainland Chinese workers by their Taiwanese coworkers, and a lack of working relationships have all been cited as potential causes.

The suicide rate at Foxconn during the suicide spate remained lower than that of the general Chinese population, and the Foxconn deaths may have been a product of economic conditions external to the company. In China in 2010 there were several major strike actions at other high-profile manufacturers in China, and the Lewisian turning-point as well as the decline in the surplus Chinese labour-pool are two potential macro-economic factors.

In response to the suicides, Foxconn substantially increased wages for its Shenzhen factory workforce, installed suicide-prevention netting, and asked employees to sign no-suicide pledges. Workers were also forced to sign a legally binding document guaranteeing that they and their descendants would not sue the company as a result of unexpected death, self-injury, or suicide.

Not that this example was critical to your argument or anything, but you might want to do some research before spouting off on stuff like this. A few seconds' time spent fact-checking will make your arguments much more convincing. When your opponents can poke holes in them with less than thirty seconds spend on Google, there's a problem.

(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Also that budget he wrote up was horse shit.
As if the only expenses you have are Electric and water, and its only $150 per month? Does this person have 1 light bulb and a compact refrigerator?

The average national monthly water bill is $51.00. Electric varies depending on the season, but tends to hover around $100-$120. So, no, it's about right.

(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  There are a lot of people living on the wire like that. Even in the given scenario, all it would take is one emergency, especially medical, and that person is going under.

Insurance.

(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  No entertainment and only 1 emergency from being bankrupt or even homeless on the street is hardly the American dream, or an acceptable living standard.

You keep rattling on about "no entertainment", but there is a $200 budget left over for medical and entertainment expenses. The average monthly medical insurance bill is around $55, so that leaves $145 per month for entertainment and savings. And it's a hell of a lot better than the living standard in a lot of countries.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-03-2012, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 05:40 PM by Azaraith.)
(28-03-2012 01:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Also that budget he wrote up was horse shit.
A $1500 dollar car is cheaper to repair?! WTF is that stupid shit? Ahh no. In fact, not only will it cost the same to fix, but oddly enough seeing as its an old clunker, its going to break down far more often. Sometimes buying the cheapest piece of shit you see isn't the best option out there.

Electric is ~$125 and water is ~$25-35. Varies significantly by the month, but that's an average. 1,000 sq ft apartment, AC, 60" plasma, desktop gaming PC (on 24/7), 2k watt surround sound system, full refrigerator/freezer, washer/dryer, etc. In Texas, with the requisite A/C to counter the heat. Bill has never been over $200, due to the fact I turn it off when I leave for work and then turn it on when I return, to save $$$ - not hard, and I do it even though I don't really have to. To be fair, I try to economize with my water & electric as a sort of nod to the environment, as well as my pocketbook, but nothing I do is extreme. I'm only basing my $$s on what I actually pay... As mentioned, the #s aren't that far off national averages anyway.

I'm suggesting an apartment, so apartment water & electric are reasonable assumptions. I know it'd be significantly higher for a house. Maybe you live somewhere where electric rates are crazy high? Dunno...

As far as clunker cars go, they're cheap to fix cuz you can just go to the junkyard, grab a part and DIY (not hard, unless you are a true idiot, fixing anything other than something huge can be done yourself). An old truck isn't gonna break down as often as you think, you don't need a new car just to get from A to B. As far as missing items are concerned, name some. I left out restaurant and entertainment, because they're luxuries (i.e. not necessary). Entertainment can be done free (it's called a book, free at the library). Healthcare is nice to have and I left room for that ($200 open in the budget), but I can't estimate that as I don't pay it (I get mine through my employer) and it'd be different for most people. I highly doubt it'd be over $200/mo though, particularly if you are young (as would be expected of someone living with their parents and working at Wally World). Gas is a possibility, but not everyone has that, especially in an apartment.

I'm not sure of any other expenses that aren't luxuries... I've covered shelter (& related utilities), food, and transportation. That's all you need to live and all you can expect from a bottom-rung, unskilled job. If you want more, you have to earn it. Luxuries aren't rights, buddy.

Better without God, and happier too.
28-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Hell yea I feel like I finally have some support. You gotta work for the things you want in life. If anything is handed to you be glad for it but never expect it. And you can't give up.

-Mark Twain