Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2012, 02:05 PM
RE: Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income
(13-03-2012 02:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 01:12 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 12:34 PM)jackashflash Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 01:34 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(10-03-2012 11:38 PM)jackashflash Wrote:  The fact you are even alive was an infinitesimally small chance.

You could have been born with one of many debilitating childhood diseases. You could have been born to abusive parents. You could have been born in some 3rd world country during an ethnic cleansing.

Now consider all the things that happened in your life that made you, you. A lazy little white douche that grew up in a middle class suburb, and wouldn't know real work if it bit you in the ass. Your definition of work is driving the lawn tractor to cut the grass.

So yes, in this universe dominated by chance you were simply lucky. I am sorry, but that does not morally give you the right to have billions, whilst others starve and die in the streets.

Chance gives you a start, hard work

Stopped reading there.... Hard work means diddly shit.

And liberals wonder why conservatives take such a hard line opposition to liberal economic policies.

Both sides are filled with dipshits. Neither one is more innocent, right, or smart than the other. Instead of caring what group they belong to, look at their damn policies. This is what I mean by blind.

I'm not suggesting that conservative policies are better. Merely pointing out that if you ever wonder why they don't see eye to eye, it's because of comments/attitudes like that.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2012, 04:25 PM
(13-03-2012 12:34 PM)jackashflash Wrote:  Stopped reading there.... Hard work means diddly shit.

What a surprise, the kid that insults me as "lazy" doesn't care for hard work. Looks like you're just looking for a scapegoat other than yourself to explain your lack of success. You'd be much happier not getting all worked up about it rather than going crazy trying to rationalize shit. Even if your goal is to change society to focus more on income inequality, an attitude like yours turns everyone else away from your cause. Bitterness and envy are not good platforms for social change.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
13-03-2012, 04:43 PM
I think the main problem with the idea that hard work equates to success is that that it doesn't answer the question, it's irrelevant that people can be successful by working hard to make it, the problem is that some people (and is not necessary for more) are too successful, this meaning that they are so efficient on accumulating resources (i.e. money) that their efficiency leads to an unjust general state.

This problem arises from the idea that competition necessary causes a balance, when by definition competition causes a winner and a looser. On the other side, cooperation implies the idea of compromising selfish goals for the general benefit of the group (and the security of achieving some selfish goals), if that is true, then an income gap could be one of those compromises I mentioned, while the wealth gained between the minimum and the maximum limits would be the result of the work put to gain it, made it easier by the collective work.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
13-03-2012, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 06:00 PM by jackashflash.)
(13-03-2012 04:25 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 12:34 PM)jackashflash Wrote:  Stopped reading there.... Hard work means diddly shit.

What a surprise, the kid that insults me as "lazy" doesn't care for hard work.

Who said I didn't care for hard work? You are arguing with a straw man. Good plan, you might actually be able outsmart a scarecrow, though I doubt it.

(13-03-2012 04:43 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I think the main problem with the idea that hard work equates to success is that...

...its a straight up lie!
13-03-2012, 07:05 PM
(13-03-2012 05:56 PM)jackashflash Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 04:25 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  

What a surprise, the kid that insults me as "lazy" doesn't care for hard work.

Who said I didn't care for hard work? You are arguing with a straw man. Good plan, you might actually be able outsmart a scarecrow, though I doubt it.

(13-03-2012 04:43 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I think the main problem with the idea that hard work equates to success is that...

Sorry, must have misunderstood your phrase "hard work means diddly shit". I take it you meant to say that hard work doesn't get you anywhere? Sorry, but there's plenty of evidence that it does. Not that being the fastest bricklayer will get you the foreman's job, but hard work means doing more than just your job description. Want to get ahead? Figure out the problems in your business and solve them. Make sure your ideas and efforts are noticed, while avoiding the temptation to exaggerate your accomplishments - that will only bite you in the ass if you create expectations that you can't fulfill.

How old are you, 14? With your attitude and penchant for insults rather than intelligent conversation seems quite like a teen trying to "rebel against the system" or "stick it to the man".

13-03-2012, 07:13 PM
(13-03-2012 05:56 PM)jackashflash Wrote:  

I agree, but that's irrelevant to the topic, actually is irrelevant to any discussion about the distribution of wealth to minimize inequalities, because saying that we shouldn't distribute resources because people dying of hunger is their fault for being lazy is both a non sequitur and a lack of the most basic human empathy.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-03-2012, 07:21 PM
(12-03-2012 07:59 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Fucking commies.

Fucking fool.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-03-2012, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 07:26 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(13-03-2012 07:05 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Sorry, must have misunderstood your phrase "hard work means diddly shit". I take it you meant to say that hard work doesn't get you anywhere? Sorry, but there's plenty of evidence that it does.

There is infinitely more that shows it doesn't....sry. Only a complete idiot would think most poor people are only poor because they don't work hard.

Quote:Not that being the fastest bricklayer will get you the foreman's job, but hard work means doing more than just your job description. Want to get ahead? Figure out the problems in your business and solve them. Make sure your ideas and efforts are noticed, while avoiding the temptation to exaggerate your accomplishments - that will only bite you in the ass if you create expectations that you can't fulfill.
WTF is this? This doesn't even seem relevant to most people.... No wonder you have no clue WTF you are talking about. You have no idea what the life of a poor person is, do you?
13-03-2012, 10:34 PM
(13-03-2012 07:23 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(13-03-2012 07:05 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Sorry, must have misunderstood your phrase "hard work means diddly shit". I take it you meant to say that hard work doesn't get you anywhere? Sorry, but there's plenty of evidence that it does.

There is infinitely more that shows it doesn't....sry. Only a complete idiot would think most poor people are only poor because they don't work hard.

It's not the only reason, lack of marketable skills is one, lack of qualifications another, outdated skills, etc. You got any data to back up your talk? I've got some - Increased working hours/week are positively correlated with wage growth. Hours are the best proxy I can think of, since output is a pain to measure between professions.

Quote:Not that being the fastest bricklayer will get you the foreman's job, but hard work means doing more than just your job description. Want to get ahead? Figure out the problems in your business and solve them. Make sure your ideas and efforts are noticed, while avoiding the temptation to exaggerate your accomplishments - that will only bite you in the ass if you create expectations that you can't fulfill.

WTF is this? This doesn't even seem relevant to most people.... No wonder you have no clue WTF you are talking about. You have no idea what the life of a poor person is, do you?

Not relevant? If you're saying they don't have anything they could do to help solve problems, that's where "lack of skills" comes in. Or you're not very imaginative. If you're saying that it wouldn't help, that "the man" would just keep them down, you'd be wrong - most employers prefer to get the most out of their employees, not let talented individuals get mired while untalented people sit around. Office politics is less a factor than you'd think.

The bricklayer example was just an example, that doing one thing very well isn't enough it'll just keep you doing that one thing (most of the time, some career paths are different).

14-03-2012, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 12:16 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
You have no idea what a poor person even is, or what it means to be poor. You are just talking out of your ass.