Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2012, 05:26 PM
RE: Limited capitalism: a "you're too rich" cap on income
(17-03-2012 05:20 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  You should work harder at brown nosing.

Man who do that will rise a certain distance but no further. Top level execs aren't there to play games - anyone who doesn't pull their weight will get ruthlessly chucked.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2012, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 11:53 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(17-03-2012 05:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 05:20 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  You should work harder at brown nosing.

Man who do that will rise a certain distance but no further. Top level execs aren't there to play games - anyone who doesn't pull their weight will get ruthlessly chucked.
Except golf. They love to play golf, while the worker bees labor away.

Brown nosing works on everyone.
If you think people don't play favorites when they get to the top, then you are solely mistaken.

I know a kid that got a 7 figure income the minute he graduated from high school. Kid doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, but his dad owns a very large local construction company, so there ya go. Thats how shit actually works in the real world.
17-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I view the current super-rich people as "early adopters" of the living standards that ordinary people could enjoy in a few more centuries, assuming the continuation of exponential economic growth. (I know we can't take that for granted for a variety of reasons.) Refer to:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/59655111/History-to-3400-AD
[+] 1 user Likes advancedatheist's post
17-03-2012, 10:42 PM
(17-03-2012 09:19 PM)advancedatheist Wrote:  I view the current super-rich people as "early adopters" of the living standards that ordinary people could enjoy in a few more centuries, assuming the continuation of exponential economic growth.

Now that is a very interesting and intriguing idea.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-03-2012, 11:28 PM
I lost track of what anyone was talking about 8 pages ago. I feel like I turned the page on a book and started reading the ending to a different book. I started with pie, so where did this cake come from?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
18-03-2012, 01:58 AM
(17-03-2012 11:28 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I lost track of what anyone was talking about 8 pages ago. I feel like I turned the page on a book and started reading the ending to a different book. I started with pie, so where did this cake come from?

It's the well known cake-pie duality. If you don't observe a pie it will turn into cake while you're not looking. Or get eaten by your housemate. Or a dinosaur.
22-03-2012, 01:42 PM
(17-03-2012 05:57 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 05:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Except golf. They love to play golf, while the worker bees labor away.

Brown nosing works on everyone.
If you think people don't play favorites when they get to the top, then you are solely mistaken.

I know a kid that got a 7 figure income the minute he graduated from high school. Kid doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, but his dad owns a very large local construction company, so there ya go. Thats how shit actually works in the real world.

But how is that unfair? If you built a company worth billions you would be completely within your rights to staff it with uneducated family members. Why do you feel like you are entitled to have any say in who this guy hires?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
22-03-2012, 01:46 PM
(22-03-2012 01:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  But how is that unfair? If you built a company worth billions you would be completely within your rights to staff it with uneducated family members. Why do you feel like you are entitled to have any say in who this guy hires?

Exactly. And if he solely fills his company with incapable people it will crash and burn. The fact that he can afford to hire his son shows that the rest of the people around the top must be worthy of their positions, otherwise he wouldn't be able to afford it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-03-2012, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 04:49 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(22-03-2012 01:46 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 01:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  But how is that unfair? If you built a company worth billions you would be completely within your rights to staff it with uneducated family members. Why do you feel like you are entitled to have any say in who this guy hires?

Exactly. And if he solely fills his company with incapable people it will crash and burn.
You are assuming the family members actually do stuff thats significant...

Quote:The fact that he can afford to hire his son shows that the rest of the people around the top must be worthy of their positions, otherwise he wouldn't be able to afford it.

Afford what? He hires his son, thus giving him money and keeping money in the family. Its not even costing him anything. In fact, he writes it off on companies taxes as payroll. Public companies are far worse, because its not even their money they are using.

My grandfather he hates obama too btw, did a similar thing a long time ago. He hired his wife as a secretary in the company he owned, and paid her outrageous sum of money for a few years. Now instead of collecting his social security check, they collect hers, which is far higher.
22-03-2012, 05:03 PM
(22-03-2012 04:40 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  You are assuming the family members actually do stuff thats significant...

No, I'm saying that he's clearly appointing the majority of the people in his company on merit otherwise the company wouldn't be turning a profit.

mysticbyrd Wrote:Afford what? He hires his son, thus giving him money and keeping money in the family. Its not even costing him anything. In fact, he writes it off on companies taxes as payroll. Public companies are far worse, because its not even their money they are using.

Of course it's costing him. It's his company ergo his money. In fact, in the part I've been so kind enough to edit into bold you've even shown that you understand that it's his own money.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.