Line of duty death form (humorous)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Line of duty death form (humorous)
Thought I would share a humorous story about our Line of Duty Death form that we all fill out on the Fire Dept. in our city.

A while back the Fire Admin. decided it would be a good idea to have on file each member's wishes should we be involved in a Line of Duty death. What religion, type of service, Honor Guard, FD Funeral, etc... We all filled it out and it is kept sealed in our personnel file in case the worst happens. Since I really don't care what happens to me upon my death I figured I'd have a little bit of fun with it so in case I do happen to die in the line of duty I think their expression would be priceless when they open my file.

I asked for a Viking funeral (though not a completely accurate description). I wish for my body to be laid on a funeral pyre on a raft. Upon which I wish to be floated out to the middle of the river and have "Paul" (not his real name but one of the mechanics that works on our fire apparatus) who doesn't even know who the hell I am to shoot the flaming arrow thus igniting the raft and allow my body to be burned in a glorious ceremony.

Don't get me wrong. I hope I don't die in the line of duty but if I do they have to follow my wishes and in a way I wish I could be around for it.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like RearViewMirror's post
27-02-2017, 10:30 PM
RE: Line of duty death form (humorous)
Any way you could stage this, Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer style? Big Grin

So many of us wish we could attend our own funerals. This would be the best.
27-02-2017, 10:38 PM
(27-02-2017 10:30 PM)port_of_call Wrote:  Any way you could stage this, Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer style? Big Grin

So many of us wish we could attend our own funerals. This would be the best.

I'm going to attend my own funeral. It wouldn't be much of a funeral if I wasn't there. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
27-02-2017, 10:54 PM
(27-02-2017 09:17 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Thought I would share a humorous story about our Line of Duty Death form that we all fill out on the Fire Dept. in our city.

A while back the Fire Admin. decided it would be a good idea to have on file each member's wishes should we be involved in a Line of Duty death. What religion, type of service, Honor Guard, FD Funeral, etc... We all filled it out and it is kept sealed in our personnel file in case the worst happens. Since I really don't care what happens to me upon my death I figured I'd have a little bit of fun with it so in case I do happen to die in the line of duty I think their expression would be priceless when they open my file.

I asked for a Viking funeral (though not a completely accurate description). I wish for my body to be laid on a funeral pyre on a raft. Upon which I wish to be floated out to the middle of the river and have "Paul" (not his real name but one of the mechanics that works on our fire apparatus) who doesn't even know who the hell I am to shoot the flaming arrow thus igniting the raft and allow my body to be burned in a glorious ceremony.

Don't get me wrong. I hope I don't die in the line of duty but if I do they have to follow my wishes and in a way I wish I could be around for it.

Fire Department?

I see nothing wrong with that funeral; your guys can use it to get the rookies used to the smell of cooked human.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-02-2017, 10:55 PM
(27-02-2017 10:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 09:17 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Thought I would share a humorous story about our Line of Duty Death form that we all fill out on the Fire Dept. in our city.

Fire Department?

I see nothing wrong with that funeral; your guys can use it to get the rookies used to the smell of cooked human.

That's dark.

But makes some sense in a twisted sort of way.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-02-2017, 11:05 PM
(27-02-2017 10:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Fire Department?

Believe me... You don't ever want to witness or smell that if you can keep from it. You won't forget it if you do. But... If you do I'll give you a bit of information. Smells similar to Prell Shampoo. Weird I know.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
27-02-2017, 11:07 PM
(27-02-2017 10:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 10:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Fire Department?

That's dark.

Nothing wrong with a bit of dark humour now and again Big Grin

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-02-2017, 11:14 PM
(27-02-2017 11:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 10:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That's dark.

Nothing wrong with a bit of dark humour now and again Big Grin

I am just glad to see some humor from you...dark, light, or anything in between. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-02-2017, 11:39 PM
(27-02-2017 11:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 11:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Nothing wrong with a bit of dark humour now and again Big Grin

I am just glad to see some humor from you...dark, light, or anything in between. Smile

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-02-2017, 05:25 AM
Being as I'm the eternal procrastinator, I'll prolly be late for my funeral... but I guess they can start without me? Yes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.