Linguistic Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2017, 11:44 AM
RE: Linguistic Creationism
The New Testament is filled with Koine words whose exact meanings were unknown to 18th and 19th century scholars. That led to the theory that Koine was an esoteric theological language. Then in the mid 1800's lots of papyrus documents were discovered in Egypt that demonstrated that Koine was an everyday language and the somewhat mysterious Koine words became not so mysterious. This lead to better translations of the new testament.

Be careful of who you choose as experts. And their theories.

And, anybody who has witnessed the word games you see fundamentalists play with plain English can expect them to be no better with Greek language they don't speak. I have seen plenty of that over the years.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2017, 12:05 PM
(19-06-2017 05:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 01:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's only micro evolution you're seeing. Big Grin

Yep, they're all the same kind.
Right? I mean, if evolution were true you'd expect a bunch of ancient people speaking Latin to suddenly give birth to some Mandarin speaking kid!
Checkmate!

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like LostLocke's post
20-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Dr K, my Anthro101 prof back in 1993, made this same point, that we can examine linguistic interrelationships and suss out another glimmer of history from its gleanings.