Lion IRC- I challenge you!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 03:36 PM by Atothetheist.)
Lion IRC- I challenge you!
Lets do this

Topic: Resurrection of Yeshua ( Jesus the Christ)

Format will be coming soon.

Topic - Is there good evidence and arguments for the Resurrection of Jesus the Christ

Affirmative - Lion IRC

Negatitive - Atothetheist (Challenger)

Scope - Yeshua means the historical Jesus Of Nazareth. The Resurrection event referred to is the one accepted as being that mentioned in the Holy bible. Both debate contestants accept( in varying degree) the historicity of the person Jesus, whereas the affirmative side is a believer in the resurrection and is going to present evidence/arguments for the event in question. The Negative (Atothetheist) is going against the motion and is going to try to rebuke the evidence/arguments the Affirmative(Lion IRC) postion is going to make. The successful debate contestant will be the one that most effectively persuades the audience for or against the proposition. (Is there any evidence or logical basis to believe that it happened.) Both sides will argue the plausibility or otherwise of this biblical claim using any sources they deem sufficiently persuasive to make their arguments valid.

Format - Introduction of no more than 800words each. 3 main (substantive) debate posts of up to 1500 words each.Videos, Images, Charts, and other such materials are allowed, but they should be used sparingly and not get in the way of the debate. Citations where provided are to be listed separately at the end of each post. There shall be a 5 question Q&A interrogatory round prior to concluding remarks. Conclusion of no more than 900 words each.It is assumed that if a poster does not post within a REASONABLE( I.E four to five days) time limit, he has been preoccupied and/or not willing to continue. Edits will be allowed, but you must notify you opponents of your edit and state the reason of the edit on the bottom of your edited post.. Failure to submit a debate post within a reasonable time frame will result in a PM from the Mod to the absent poster to see if he is either preoccupied or otherwise busy. The poster is encouraged to immediately respond to avoid forfeiting the debate. The affirmative side will make the opening post. Notwithstanding the prevailing rules of the Forum in general, Moderation of the debate shall be done by KingsChosen. Mutual good will and civil dialogue is assumed and expected from all participants.

What do you think? Acceptable?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
17-01-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Lion IRC- I challenge you!
The Op is answered here;
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid241269
17-01-2013, 03:52 PM
(17-01-2013 12:13 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  The Op is answered here;
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid241269
Yeah, I noticed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
21-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Challenge decline by Lion IRC due to a lack of a response. Thread closed.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Thread Closed