Lions and tigers and biases oh my!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2015 06:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
Lions and tigers and biases oh my!
Inspired by a post by HouseOfCantor.

Okay. First off who the fuck knew there were that many cognitive biases? I had no fucking clue. Second, how the fuck am I supposed to even remember them all let alone recognize them and adjust appropriately. Finally, half them fucking biases I don't even understand and need tutoring assistance.

Lions and tigers and biases oh my.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-09-2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Lions and tigers and biases oh my!
You just need to resort to the Spacing Bias Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-09-2015, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2015 07:12 PM by cactus.)
The leprechaun bias - A tendency to believe that any bad thing that happens to you is a result of evil leprechauns.
This one can be quite hard for most people to notice when they're doing it, because it happens at such a subconscious level, and yet almost everyone does it. I'm sure you've woken up in the middle of the night and found yourself saying "damn leprechauns!" but you didn't know why were saying that. Well, now you know.
I know I used to succumb to this bias, and sometimes still do.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
22-09-2015, 09:27 PM
I believe I have the endowment effect. Snort.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post