Lip Hooks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Lip Hooks
So, I've been entertaining the idea for a while, and for some reason it really clicked with me recently and I decided I'm gonna do it. I'm super excited (like a little girl at Christmas-time) and I had to share.

I'm gonna get lip labrets à la David Draiman of "Disturbed". Mind you, I'm not trying to emulate him; it's simply that the style which would create aesthetic balance for me happens to be his as well. He's got fuck-all to do with it.

So, realizing that you only live once, I said "fuck it" and I'm gonna take the leap in the next week or so. Aside from a disheartening amount of recovery time (about 6-8 weeks), I see no reason not to. I'm totally stoked on myself right now. Big Grin

The look:

[Image: dave_draiman_030419_281x211.jpg]

My personal style choice:

[Image: 31QFUVXm1oL.jpg]

(Will post pics when it's done...so long as I'm not red and swollen)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: Lip Hooks
(12-12-2012 08:13 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  So, I've been entertaining the idea for a while, and for some reason it really clicked with me recently and I decided I'm gonna do it. I'm super excited (like a little girl at Christmas-time) and I had to share.

I'm gonna get lip labrets à la David Draiman of "Disturbed". Mind you, I'm not trying to emulate him; it's simply that the style which would create aesthetic balance for me happens to be his as well. He's got fuck-all to do with it.

So, realizing that you only live once, I said "fuck it" and I'm gonna take the leap in the next week or so. Aside from a disheartening amount of recovery time (about 6-8 weeks), I see no reason not to. I'm totally stoked on myself right now. Big Grin

The look:

[Image: dave_draiman_030419_281x211.jpg]

My personal style choice:

[Image: 31QFUVXm1oL.jpg]

(Will post pics when it's done...so long as I'm not red and swollen)

I can think of many reasons not to do it. Why would you want to?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh, you'll be red and swollen. My vertical labret Angelina Jolie'd my bottom lip for a week.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
12-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I like the aesthetic; it adds a new level of balance to my (already perfect Big Grin ) face; it's a personal desire that is within reach and causes no obvious or inherant detriment to my personal/social life; and if I decide - one day far down the line - that I want to go a few days without them, I can do so with no more than two tiny, barely-visible holes to betray the fact that anything had been altered.

I've heard of infection and even heart problems being related to oral piercings, but such risks seem to be incredibly low and in no way cause me any immediate concern.

We're the crazy kids of a new generation, my ol' terse buddy. Some people had their hot-rods, others had their drum-circles and free-love, I've got my tattoos and piercings. The only thing they all had in common was the bemused head-shaking of their predecessors. Just as I'll one day wonder why MY kids will want to do...whatever the hell it is those hooligans want to do.

12-12-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 08:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
Your fighting days are over. 'Cause otherwise you gonna lose a lip. Big Grin

ManlyGirl's got a bunch of piercings and tattoos. She's got a few lip rings but nothing like that. I'm gonna show 'em to her. 'Course she ain't gotta worry 'bout losing her lip 'cause fuckers never get close enough before they end up either wiped out by a right hook, a left elbow to their now broken nose, or a broken tibia. (Who the fuck tries to snatch the purse of some middle-aged woman with piercings all over her face wearing goddam steel-toed Red Wings? A moron with a now broken tibia is who.)

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-12-2012, 08:34 PM
(12-12-2012 08:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your fighting days are over. 'Cause otherwise you gonna lose a lip. Big Grin
I actually did consider that. lol. I guess that's just more motivation to make sure I put him down first, eh?

12-12-2012, 08:50 PM
(12-12-2012 08:21 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Oh, you'll be red and swollen. My vertical labret Angelina Jolie'd my bottom lip for a week.
I'm not too worried about the pain, but I am curious. How's the initial stick? I imagine it's akin to a needle-stick at the dentist - which I can handle.

12-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Not really. And you're probably gonna have to upgrade to that size of ornament a lot later, because it will hurt a lot, and the added weight of that baby will definitely cause an infection due to the piercing being more open from weight and not having time to heal.

The swelling will happen near-immediate after, since it's a trauma to the area.

And I have to agree with Girly on his statement of your fighting days being over. Your kissing days for awhile, too.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
13-12-2012, 12:49 AM
I can think of one reason not to do this. In my job if ties are worn, they must be clip on (fortunately it is not required of me). If I recall correctly the same rule applies to teachers. The point is to not have something around your neck that someone can swing you around with. Why the hell would you want to implant a vulnerability? I was thinking the other day about the people that stretch their ears out and create gaping holes in them. If I were looking for someone to mug, I would probably pull their ears like pulling the pin out of a grenade. Once on the ground in pain, they would be easy to steal from. It is also expensive to do this to yourself, so they would probably have a decent amount of money.

I am in no way encouraging theft or assault and take no responsibility if I just gave a thief an idea.
13-12-2012, 02:29 AM
(13-12-2012 12:49 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I can think of one reason not to do this. In my job if ties are worn, they must be clip on (fortunately it is not required of me). If I recall correctly the same rule applies to teachers. The point is to not have something around your neck that someone can swing you around with. Why the hell would you want to implant a vulnerability? I was thinking the other day about the people that stretch their ears out and create gaping holes in them. If I were looking for someone to mug, I would probably pull their ears like pulling the pin out of a grenade. Once on the ground in pain, they would be easy to steal from. It is also expensive to do this to yourself, so they would probably have a decent amount of money.

I am in no way encouraging theft or assault and take no responsibility if I just gave a thief an idea.
'Cos thieves always read atheist forums for tips Tongue

No idea why you'd do that Misanthrope, but go for it Smile We're all completely mental anyway, might as well be proud.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post