List of Christian Atrocities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2011, 09:26 PM
List of Christian Atrocities
http://notachristian.org/christianatrocities.html

I had no idea the number of Native Americans that were killed. That is larger than World War 2.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM
RE: List of Christian Atrocities
(06-06-2011 09:26 PM)Monk Wrote:  http://notachristian.org/christianatrocities.html

I had no idea the number of Native Americans that were killed. That is larger than World War 2.

Not sure you can put that all on the backs of "Christians" as a whole. Some people just like killing other people and back then everyone was a Christian. No such thing as freedom of religion.
06-06-2011, 09:53 PM

Christianity is a religion of terrorism. A terrorist religion, as it were.
The Bible is written proof for Jihad ("struggle") that many condemn of that other Abrahamic faith, Islam. There's a reason Christianity is the largest most populace cult on earth. The only way that is accomplished is through blood slaughter of the competition and enslavement of the remains.

When Christians knock on our doors, they're presuming we're damned inside. And that knock asks us to account to them, that we're saved or wish to be saved. It's a hell of a thing when you think about it. Presuming someone needs to be saved from your god's hell.
The Inquisition was exacted in order to give the church authority command over the realm of the governed, because church and crown ruled as one at the time. People were slaughtered so as to acquire their lands, and their riches, which were seized as soon as they were accused of heresy. The burning at the stake was committed using the excuse if a heretic burned here, their soul would be cleansed and they'd not suffer the eternal ravages of fiery hell. However, it was also intended to terrorize onlookers who watched and smelled what it was like to be found out as one not in the good graces of the church or god.
England hanged heretics. As did New England and the Puritans in Salem. Ireland and Scotland burned heretics. And France utilized the guillotine.

All for conquest of properties and power. All under the guise it was the will of the Christian god.

Christianity is terrorism. Chapter and verse it's all in writing by their god's authority.
Lovely freedom of religion, when the history to this day demonstrates the world isn't free of it, isn't it? Confused
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
06-06-2011, 11:21 PM

Christianity is the most viscous religion to ever exist because of it's uncanny number of followers and its no-tolerance policy for anyone who is "different". Bunch of zealots I tell you.
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 02:36 AM
They didn't list the Taiping Rebellion

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
07-06-2011, 02:40 AM
And then we have the Christians who maintain that religion is harmless.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
07-06-2011, 02:42 AM
That's because they follow your signature.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
07-06-2011, 02:53 AM
(06-06-2011 09:43 PM)myst32 Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 09:26 PM)Monk Wrote:  http://notachristian.org/christianatrocities.html

Not sure you can put that all on the backs of "Christians" as a whole. Some people just like killing other people and back then everyone was a Christian. No such thing as freedom of religion.

I'm not. I am just saying, when bible thumpers accuse my lack of beliefs to genocide, you have to look at history.
07-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Right. The destruction of the Native population had nothing to do with the lush farmland and the massive fish stocks and the vast timber and the gold and the fur trade. Yeah, it was all about mission. Who needs history when we can just make up what happened? There are buildings in Seville made almost entirely of gold because of mission, not because the Spanish plundered the Americas for gold, so much so that they hired a massive mercenary army and spent so much gold that they flooded Europe with the stuff and almost rendered it valueless. And smallpox? Right, all Christianity. The Hudson's Bay Company, the oldest corporation on the planet, didn't hand out blankets infested with smallpox killing roughly 80% of Canadian natives (99.97% among the Haida Gwaii). Or Lord Jeffery Amherst, Commander of the British Forces in the Ohio Valley in 1763 who ordered the distribution of items infected with smallpox, a tactic that killed 100 000 natives. Who cares about detailed studies on the history of disease in colonialism like Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel? It must have been the church.

Americans make me laugh. They talk about Columbus the great Christian murderer all the time... except on Columbus Day. Wouldn't want to smear him on a national holiday.

150 million Indians? Is this guy fucking serious? That makes perfect sense. Seeing as how the pre-European population of the Americas was roughly 20 million and how 19 million were killed by infectious disease alone, makes perfect sense that a magical 131 million natives were created from thin air so they could be killed. Did anyone fact check any of this? I guess that's not important when it supports your position.

Look, I'm not saying Christianity is innocent. They have a ton of shit to answer for. And frankly, it's only Gassy's post that set me off. But when I see unverified lists like this put up and just accepted as fact, without argument, and when I see every atrocity ever perpetrated attributed in whole to religion, especially when it rewrites history, I just... you guys are fucking smarter than that! Seriously. I know what it's like to be in a community and to have your position reassured, but Christ, if it's coming at the expense of fact and reason, then what's the God damned point? If you're going to foam at the mouth every time you score a point, then just watch a football game.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
07-06-2011, 09:34 AM
(07-06-2011 02:53 AM)Monk Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 09:43 PM)myst32 Wrote:  

I'm not. I am just saying, when bible thumpers accuse my lack of beliefs to genocide, you have to look at history.

Sorry... did not mean you personally. my bad...