List of logical contradictions in nature of the God of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 07:28 PM
List of logical contradictions in nature of the God of the Bible
My understanding, as an atheist, is that I don't claim no gods exist but rather that I haven't seen any good evidence or convincing reasoning to demonstrate that any god exists. However, for the gods whose nature consists of logical contradictions, one can correctly say such a being does not exist.

Are there any lists anyone has compiled of all the logical contradictions in the nature of the Biblical God?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: List of logical contradictions in nature of the God of the Bible
(23-06-2015 07:28 PM)Learner Wrote:  My understanding, as an atheist, is that I don't claim that no gods exist but rather that I haven't seen any good evidence or convincing reasoning to demonstrate that any god exists. However, for the gods whose nature consists of logical contradictions, one can correctly say such a being does not exist because it is logically contradictory.

Are there any lists anyone has compiled of all the logical contradictions in the nature of the Biblical God?
23-06-2015, 07:38 PM
(23-06-2015 07:28 PM)Learner Wrote:  My understanding, as an atheist, is that I don't claim no gods exist but rather that I haven't seen any good evidence or convincing reasoning to demonstrate that any god exists. However, for the gods whose nature consists of logical contradictions, one can correctly say such a being does not exist.

Here you go.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
23-06-2015, 07:53 PM
What I had more in mind was topics like the problems with the idea of a timeless God.
23-06-2015, 08:29 PM
The idea of a timeless god is just special pleading. If god can have always existed eternally, why couldn't the universe/energy?

Is it a logical contradiction? I guess if they presuppose that God created the universe and that creation of the universe was the beginning of space and time, then god would have to have existed before space and time which makes the idea of being timeless contradictory.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
23-06-2015, 10:15 PM
well, there's this:

http://bibviz.com/

[Image: 18xwihjyvh0xjpng.png]
[+] 3 users Like Bear100's post
24-06-2015, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2015 01:11 AM by Banjo.)
To which god do you refer?

Here's one!

Why is Artemis a Goddess of Contradictions?

According to a mythological legend, Artemis was born on the island of Ortygia, a day before the birth of her brother Apollo. After her birth, Artemis almost immediately helped her mother to reach Delos by crossing the straits, where her mother gave birth to Apollo. This role gave recognition to Artemis as the protector of women in childbirth and a custodian of young children. But since Artemis was a goddess of contradictions she was also responsible for the death of women in labor and though a divinity of healing ,she was known to bring diseases such as rabies, gout and leprosy.

Sorry my mistake. You want Yaweh. This is one of the better sites. Easy to find using Goggle.

Bible god contradictions.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-06-2015, 02:08 AM
(23-06-2015 08:29 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The idea of a timeless god is just special pleading. If god can have always existed eternally, why couldn't the universe/energy?

Is it a logical contradiction? I guess if they presuppose that God created the universe and that creation of the universe was the beginning of space and time, then god would have to have existed before space and time which makes the idea of being timeless contradictory.

It's not just contradictory though, is it? It's illogical. I'm not having a pop - I'm just saying is all.

You said, and I quote, "then god would have to have existed before space and time ....". Given that, until the universe existed, there was no space time, one can't talk in terms of a before (or an after for that matter) because, before the universe existed, before and after didn't exist because time itself didn't exist. If time didn't exist, the concepts of before and after are illogical.

For god to have created the Universe, he would have had to exist outside of the Universe but 'outside' of the universe doesn't exist because a) the universe didn't exist for anything to exist outside of and b) the universe encompasses all and there is no 'outside' because, by definition, everything is within it.

If you are having difficulty with the above then spare a thought for me. I had to write it.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-06-2015, 02:13 AM
(24-06-2015 01:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You want Yaweh. This is one of the better sites. Easy to find using Goggle.

Bible god contradictions.

When you say yaweh - do you mean Yahoo?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-06-2015, 02:43 AM
It's not just the contradictions in the babble though, is it? It's the lies.

Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem, according to the babble, for a census. The records of the time show no census as having taken place.

It says in the babble that jesus was born of a virgin. Yeh, as if. The original Aramaic text actually says that jesus was born of Alma. Alma doesn't mean virgin. It means young girl. There is a word for virgin in the Aramaic language but it wasn't used in the text. Therefore, we can confidently say that jesus was born of a young girl and not a virgin. The Aramaic text was then translated into Greek - the scholarly language of the day. The Greek words for virgin and young girl are the same. The exact meaning (young girl or virgin) is determined using the context of the word. Therefore, the definition of the two words are not confused. The text was then translated into Latin in about the 6th century. Unlike in the Greek language, Latin has a word for virgin and a different word for young girl. When the Greek text was translated into Latin, the term for virgin was used rather than the term for young girl. Was this a translation error or a deliberate mistake in order to give jesus and additional air of godliness? We will never know. However, this translation error has been known for some time. Has it been corrected? Have people been informed? No and No. Why? Because it didn't further the christian purpose.

The babble say that the Earth is about 6,000 years old. Hell, they even want to teach it in our schools. WELL FUCK THAT!!

The babble also says that god created Man and all the creatures that roamed the Earth. RIGHT.

So god created DNA - a molecule which lends itself to mutation very well. With mutation, one either gets evolution or cancer. So, thank you god for cancer you complete and utter fuckwit.

So god also created a woman's pleasure beach and built it right next to the sewage works. Thanks god for that. What kind of a piss-poor designer are you?