Listening to Atheist Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Listening to Atheist Experience
Lately I've been listening to/watching The Atheist Experience at youtube.

After watching many episodes, what I am seeing time and time again is:
How retarded and braindead christians are when faith mode is enabled.

I catch myself in screaming at the screen
''AWW CMON, YOU MUST BE TROLLING, YOU CAN'T BE THIS STUPID!"...
then I realize that it's just the way it is...

Seeing that kind of stupidity is enough for me to scare me away from christianity without any other form of arguement and evidence.

I knew christians could be a little looney, but to such a degree? o.o
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Typho2k's post
15-12-2014, 12:34 PM
RE: Listening to Atheist Experience
The more you interact with believers of any religion online in any media the more you realize how gullible our species is.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
15-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Well, take it with a grain of salt. I don't regard wackos posting on Youtube as representative of hundreds of millions of born again Christians, any more than I regard atheists at this forum (SOME, not all) who are here MOSTLY to attack others as representatives of all atheists worldwide.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
15-12-2014, 12:55 PM
(15-12-2014 12:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well, take it with a grain of salt. I don't regard wackos posting on Youtube as representative of hundreds of millions of born again Christians, any more than I regard atheists at this forum (SOME, not all) who are here MOSTLY to attack others as representatives of all atheists worldwide.

Q, you're not exactly a shining example yourself.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
15-12-2014, 01:13 PM
(15-12-2014 12:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well, take it with a grain of salt. I don't regard wackos posting on Youtube as representative of hundreds of millions of born again Christians, any more than I regard atheists at this forum (SOME, not all) who are here MOSTLY to attack others as representatives of all atheists worldwide.

Um who said atheists are clones of each other? Not me. I have run into atheists with other types of woo and si fi crap conspiracy. But non violent liberal Christians still use the same comic book as the bigoted fundies.

Neither the left or right Christian has any evidence for the god they claim but both still use the same book.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
15-12-2014, 02:54 PM
The Atheist Experience changed my life for the better. After watching several episodes I knew I was an atheist.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
15-12-2014, 03:44 PM
That's nice and all, but The Atheist Experience is a live call in show that encourages theist callers(they get many atheist callers too) who are screened before talking to the hosts. They do this to ensure they aren't just trolling. Am I saying trolls never get through? Not at all, but there are legit nuts who aren't trolls at all.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
15-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Challenge someone (who happens to be atheist) on their support for homeopathy or their paranoia over vaccinations, or better yet try to take my guns, and you'll find that we can be a stubborn bunch as well Tongue

'Murican Canadian
15-12-2014, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2014 11:55 PM by Michael_Tadlock.)
There has been some interesting research done that shows that when people feel threatened, the part of their brain that handles consequences and rational thinking quite literally shuts off, and the emotional portions of their brain begin to fire. I think many christains, when confronted with contradictory evidence of views to their religion, stop thinking rationally and start getting angry. If you do that literally every time you are confronted with something, then you can adopt some very strange beliefs. The same people who say stupid shit about religion can talk perfectly rationally about other topics. They aren't idiots, they are just human.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
16-12-2014, 03:42 AM

Well, there is that whole complete lack of DOGMA thing. So, you know, there is that... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]