Listening to Atheist Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2014, 03:46 AM
RE: Listening to Atheist Experience
(16-12-2014 03:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 12:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well, take it with a grain of salt. I don't regard wackos posting on Youtube as representative of hundreds of millions of born again Christians, any more than I regard atheists at this forum (SOME, not all) who are here MOSTLY to attack others as representatives of all atheists worldwide.

Well, there is that whole complete lack of DOGMA thing. So, you know, there is that... Drinking Beverage

Hey now, I don't know about you, but I've got dogma. And it is quite central, I'll have you know.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-12-2014, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2014 04:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-12-2014 12:15 PM)Typho2k Wrote:  Lately I've been listening to/watching The Atheist Experience at youtube.

After watching many episodes, what I am seeing time and time again is:
How retarded and braindead christians are when faith mode is enabled.

I catch myself in screaming at the screen
''AWW CMON, YOU MUST BE TROLLING, YOU CAN'T BE THIS STUPID!"...
then I realize that it's just the way it is...

Seeing that kind of stupidity is enough for me to scare me away from christianity without any other form of arguement and evidence.

I knew christians could be a little looney, but to such a degree? o.o

I keep up with podcasts using my smartphone and the Stitcher app. The Atheist Experience has their show converted into podcasts there, and I do listen to them from time to time. I also really enjoy The Scathing Atheist podcast (thanks FT!) and The Skeptics Guide to the Universe. Also our very own Seth Andrew's The Thinking Atheist is available on their service as well, so I'd encourage you to check it out if you're interested in killing a lot of time with audio. I have it on my iPhone 4S, and I can have it on all shift and it uses up about a third of the battery. It's also nice in that once an episode is started, it will load the whole episode, it's not constantly steaming. You can give it a few minutes to load most or all of an episode on wifi, then listening to it on the way to or from work without needing to rely on cellular networks. Once it's all loaded, you can scrub through the entire episode without needing to re-load anything so long as you stay on that episode. The app is free, but there is an advert free version that costs money though, just like Pandora Radio; however all of the adverts on Stitcher are visual, there are no audio interruptions unlike the ones on Pandora Radio.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-12-2014, 04:36 AM
(16-12-2014 03:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 03:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, there is that whole complete lack of DOGMA thing. So, you know, there is that... Drinking Beverage

Hey now, I don't know about you, but I've got dogma. And it is quite central, I'll have you know.

Your dogma is as central as Egor's. You are a church of one, mate. Drinking Beverage

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Yep you see that a lot. Also what someone above in this thread was talking about is quite true, when people get threatened to a position they hold dear, they're more likely to strengthen their position when arguing about it even if presented facts. It's known as the backfire effect.

I've slivered away from listening/watching the Atheist Experience after watching so much of it years ago. Occasionally I'll dial it up again. What I really prefer out of them is their more Atheist News/Related topics podcast The Non-Prophets. It's got Russell and Jeff who had been co-hosts of the AE for years and it's not a call-in show directed at theists the way the AE is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Feel free to call in yourself, Q, and offer a more qualified opinion than those who usually make it through to the show. Let us know when your episode is up.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
16-12-2014, 12:34 PM
(15-12-2014 12:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-12-2014 12:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Well, take it with a grain of salt. I don't regard wackos posting on Youtube as representative of hundreds of millions of born again Christians, any more than I regard atheists at this forum (SOME, not all) who are here MOSTLY to attack others as representatives of all atheists worldwide.

Q, you're not exactly a shining example yourself.

Ah, but I am an example IMO. I'm definitely here to DEBATE without attacking. But some atheists are here not merely to de-convert or to learn but to over and again make rude comments about theists and theism. That's just silly.

Atheists are usually highly intelligent and circumspect people. I don't think you're wrong about everything.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2014, 01:15 PM
(16-12-2014 04:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I keep up with podcasts using my smartphone and the Stitcher app. The Atheist Experience has their show converted into podcasts there, and I do listen to them from time to time.
Nice one, not seen that app before. Looks good. It'll make a refreshing change from listening to the eejuts on talksport in the early hours.

Using Tapatalk
16-12-2014, 02:02 PM
(16-12-2014 12:34 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Ah, but I am an example IMO. I'm definitely here to DEBATE without attacking.

I think you are like an androgynous type, at least regards theist/atheist. That seems to be how you want to appear anyway but really you are just confused. You cling to belief but still question it with the critical thinking neurons that still torment you. They eat away at your cognitive dissonance each day.

The choice of 'Q' backs that up. The best episode was where his immortal power was taken away and he became human (atheist). He then carried on like a spoilt frightened child and fought against being as weak as the rest of the human race and was terrified of non-existence.

Then in an act of supposed sacrifice to save the crew he eventually regained his powers (back to theist or deist arrogance). He then proceeds to torment those lifeforms that were previously pissing him off but graciously helps the Enterprise crew, bless him.

You are in this Q transformation period. You have slung your mythical book of eternal life away partly, but your fingers still grasp at it as you frolic and dance among us mortal atheists.

Don't jump on that shuttle this time Q but stay on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise and accept this Starfleet uniform of atheists. Change history, reject immortality and join the big fucking party that is the human race.

Besides, Whoopie Goldberg is still around and she will kick your fucking ass big style if you refuse this offer.

Using Tapatalk