Little Anakin Skywalker grown up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Video Little Anakin Skywalker grown up.
Realizing he would be an adult now, I was randomly curious whatever happened to that little boy who played Anakin Skywalker in the first episode of Star Wars. He was a horrible actor, and we've never heard of him again, so I was curious.

This are the first two clips I found of him.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: Little Anakin Skywalker grown up.
(26-04-2014 11:56 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Realizing he would be an adult now, I was randomly curious whatever happened to that little boy who played Anakin Skywalker in the first episode of Star Wars. He was a horrible actor, and we've never heard of him again, so I was curious.

RJ, there is no such thing as a "good child-actor", there is only good and bad screenplays that matter when it comes to kids. People constantly forget that the guy who wrote EVERYTHING in the prequels was George Lucas. Lucas was also casting director. Lucas oversaw all lines said in this movie, hence, he was the one who approved the lines "I'm a person!", "Yippee!", and "Are you an angel?". Jake Lloyd wasn't a "horrible actor", he had a horrible script and and a guy who had lost his mind which told him how to say the horrible script. If you don't believe me, simply think of Macaulay Culkin; how everybody loved him in Home Alone and plainly hated him for anything after that. Kids, like the nine or ten year old Jake Lloyd, can't act. VERY FEW can. Regardless, pissed off people put all their rage on to Jake for his "acting" in this movie and ruined his childhood. I feel sorry for kid, I really do.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
26-04-2014, 02:07 PM
(26-04-2014 12:21 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 11:56 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Realizing he would be an adult now, I was randomly curious whatever happened to that little boy who played Anakin Skywalker in the first episode of Star Wars. He was a horrible actor, and we've never heard of him again, so I was curious.

RJ, there is no such thing as a "good child-actor", there is only good and bad screenplays that matter when it comes to kids. People constantly forget that the guy who wrote EVERYTHING in the prequels was George Lucas. Lucas was also casting director. Lucas oversaw all lines said in this movie, hence, he was the one who approved the lines "I'm a person!", "Yippee!", and "Are you an angel?". Jake Lloyd wasn't a "horrible actor", he had a horrible script and and a guy who had lost his mind which told him how to say the horrible script. If you don't believe me, simply think of Macaulay Culkin; how everybody loved him in Home Alone and plainly hated him for anything after that. Kids, like the nine or ten year old Jake Lloyd, can't act. VERY FEW can. Regardless, pissed off people put all their rage on to Jake for his "acting" in this movie and ruined his childhood. I feel sorry for kid, I really do.

You missed my reason for posting this. But to be fair, that's because I didn't explicitly state my reasons for posting it, so you seemed to have read into it that it's because I blame this guy for ruining Star Wars, and I'm bitter about that.

I think you got all that from the fact that I said he was a shitty actor. Had I left that sentence out, I image you would not have written any of this. To be clear, I did not say that because that was the point of this post, or to make fun of him. He's clearly suffered because of this really shitty roll he had when he was a kid. I only said that particular thing because...well...he was a shitty actor! It was one statement, and no more was meant by it than that.

The reason I posted this was just because I was curious what has happened to him, as he would be an adult now, and this is what I found. I thought it might be interesting for others to see too. That was all.

26-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Oh, and as far as what you said:
"People constantly forget that the guy who wrote EVERYTHING in the prequels was George Lucas. Lucas was also casting director. Lucas oversaw all lines said in this movie, hence, he was the one who approved the lines "I'm a person!", "Yippee!", and "Are you an angel?". ..., he had a horrible script and and a guy who had lost his mind which told him how to say the horrible script."

I agree with all of that. I blame George Lucas for ruining Star Wars, and blame him alone. I certainty don't blame a little kid, whom had no really decisions over anything he did at that time. And I don't blame him for being a shitty actor. There are lots of kids who are shitty actors, and I don't blame them for being shitty actors for the simple fortunate for them reason that they were never cast in a movie. It was George Lucas who cast this kid, so it's George Lucas' fault. But the kid was a shitty, shitty actor. There have been some child actors who've blown me a way with there talent. This kid wasn't just mediocre. He was really, really bad, for even an elementary school play.

I don't blame him for that, and feel bad for how he seems to be still struggling with it to this day. But I can still make the observation that he was a shitty actor.

26-04-2014, 03:34 PM
(26-04-2014 02:15 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh, and as far as what you said:
"People constantly forget that the guy who wrote EVERYTHING in the prequels was George Lucas. Lucas was also casting director. Lucas oversaw all lines said in this movie, hence, he was the one who approved the lines "I'm a person!", "Yippee!", and "Are you an angel?". ..., he had a horrible script and and a guy who had lost his mind which told him how to say the horrible script."

I agree with all of that. I blame George Lucas for ruining Star Wars, and blame him alone. I certainty don't blame a little kid, whom had no really decisions over anything he did at that time. And I don't blame him for being a shitty actor. There are lots of kids who are shitty actors, and I don't blame them for being shitty actors for the simple fortunate for them reason that they were never cast in a movie. It was George Lucas who cast this kid, so it's George Lucas' fault. But the kid was a shitty, shitty actor. There have been some child actors who've blown me a way with there talent. This kid wasn't just mediocre. He was really, really bad, for even an elementary school play.

I don't blame him for that, and feel bad for how he seems to be still struggling with it to this day. But I can still make the observation that he was a shitty actor.

I do agree on what you said too. Lucas made a lot of casting mistakes. That's why I'm saying it, you gotta pick the right kid for the job, that matches what you want, 'cause kids can't pull off something like Marlon Brando changing out of character like hell to play Don Corleone. Obviously Lucas didn't, and with the shitty script and Lucas' wierd taste for overacting and silly lines, Lloyd didn't fit at all. He might have fit somewhere else, but not there.

But in the end, The Phantom Menace's biggest flaw is how ridiculously boring it is. Lloyd plays a part in that since his scenes are the most boring (the 1 hour that is spent on Tatooine, not including the podrace), that's why he stands out higher than Christensen for the really pissed off fans I think, 'cause at least Christensen had mostly action scenes.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
26-04-2014, 03:48 PM
(26-04-2014 03:34 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 02:15 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh, and as far as what you said:

I do agree on what you said too. Lucas made a lot of casting mistakes. That's why I'm saying it, you gotta pick the right kid for the job, that matches what you want, 'cause kids can't pull off something like Marlon Brando changing out of character like hell to play Don Corleone. Obviously Lucas didn't, and with the shitty script and Lucas' wierd taste for overacting and silly lines, Lloyd didn't fit at all. He might have fit somewhere else, but not there.

But in the end, The Phantom Menace's biggest flaw is how ridiculously boring it is. Lloyd plays a part in that since his scenes are the most boring (the 1 hour that is spent on Tatooine, not including the podrace), that's why he stands out higher than Christensen for the really pissed off fans I think, 'cause at least Christensen had mostly action scenes.

I find Christensen far worse. He was an adult actor. With him, as a "seasoned" actor, we have the right to demand better out of. And they (casting) should have known better.

I can forgive the kid much more, for the reasons already stated, and even for casting. I imaging casting has to be difficult. Especially kids. He may have seemed perfect in auditions, but inexperience, or a number of other unknown factors, could throw a child actor off. But Christensen was an adult, and they all should have known better.

I've always thought that they should have taken the first two episodes, and combined them in to one episode. They spent way too much time on his life as a kid, and both the first and second episodes mainly seemed like exposition anyway. The third episode should have been the second. And we should have had a whole third episode showing us a young Darth Vader in action, terrorizing the galaxy.

27-04-2014, 04:28 PM
The Royal Shakespeare Company couldn't rescue Lucas' prequel dialog.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
28-04-2014, 06:37 PM
(27-04-2014 04:28 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  The Royal Shakespeare Company couldn't rescue Lucas' prequel dialog.

I'm posting this for two reasons: One, Jar-Jar ruined SWI. And two, I agree with MrBill, who I now believe is stalking me because he changed his avatar to match mine, and since I'm the resident TTA Rushologist, it's clear he is trying emulate me. Dodgy

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Dakota Fanning was an amazing child actress. And the kid in home alone was awful as an actor, great director though. Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
28-04-2014, 07:25 PM
(28-04-2014 06:37 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 04:28 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  The Royal Shakespeare Company couldn't rescue Lucas' prequel dialog.

I'm posting this for two reasons: One, Jar-Jar ruined SWI. And two, I agree with MrBill, who I now believe is stalking me because he changed his avatar to match mine, and since I'm the resident TTA Rushologist, it's clear he is trying emulate me. Dodgy

Sorry, but I've had the Starman avatar since I joined the forum. Since I joined before you, it is you who is stalking, sir. Cool

Anyway, While Jar-Jar was a bullshit "character," he wasn't the only reason TPM sucked. Two plus hours of nothing happening and dialog as wooden as a teen boy's chub did that movie in. The film is completely unnecessary.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post