Little Brother

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: Little Brother
Next time you see your little bro tell him that your Mum and Dad have said that you can't spend so much time with him anymore. That this decision is not your choice and not something you want to happen, that you love him and will always be there for him no matter what.

Then beat him up like all good big brothers do.

Seriously though Miso I haven't got much experience with these kind of things as religion doesn't really play much of a part here in the UK. I can only try to empathise with the frustration you may be going through.

Im sure in the future he will have doubts and I'm guessing that he may come to you for answers. I hope so anyway.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
26-05-2013, 08:09 AM
I agree with Bemore...explain your parents' stance to your brother.

In the meantime, when you are with him, find other topics or things to do that don't step over lines that could further limit your contact.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-05-2013, 08:12 AM
(26-05-2013 08:06 AM)bemore Wrote:  Next time you see your little bro tell him that your Mum and Dad have said that you can't spend so much time with him anymore. That this decision is not your choice and not something you want to happen, that you love him and will always be there for him no matter what.

Then beat him up like all good big brothers do.

Seriously though Miso I haven't got much experience with these kind of things as religion doesn't really play much of a part here in the UK. I can only try to empathise with the frustration you may be going through.

Im sure in the future he will have doubts and I'm guessing that he may come to you for answers. I hope so anyway.

What bemore said.

I know the types of conversations parents have with their kids when it comes to a shunned member of the family. Shit like "He/she chose to disregard Jehovah" and "They chose to be the way they are" warping the kids view into thinking "hey, they knew what they were doing and they didn't think about ME during all of this."

Let your brother know that he can seek you out. Let him know this isn't your decision.

Hug

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
26-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Just be there Miso! That's the most important thing.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-05-2013, 01:16 AM
The family and I are not on good terms at the moment. And likely we won't be for quite a while. They've written us (my sister and I) off as the heathenistic failures that we are and I've not spoken to my dad since shortly after starting this thread. My sister lives with me now. Our influence on the kid is finished until he's old enough to seek us out on his own.

It sucks, but I'm honestly not worried about it anymore. We tried. Just gotta hope for the best, now.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2013, 01:31 AM
You dun as good as you coulda dun.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-05-2013, 10:11 AM
(27-05-2013 01:16 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The family and I are not on good terms at the moment. And likely we won't be for quite a while. They've written us (my sister and I) off as the heathenistic failures that we are and I've not spoken to my dad since shortly after starting this thread. My sister lives with me now. Our influence on the kid is finished until he's old enough to seek us out on his own.

It sucks, but I'm honestly not worried about it anymore. We tried. Just gotta hope for the best, now.

I'm sorry. Hug you're a good person! Too bad your parents can't see that.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-05-2013, 06:39 PM
well, since they have already pushed you away-there's not much more they can do. So I say, mail the kid a card. Even if its just a postcard that says 'hey bro. what's up?' They might hijack it. A few might get thru. write a message in chalk on the sidewalk where he plays. I would continue to try to make contact with him. Throw a paper airplane with a message in the back yard- he'll find it.

I think the kid needs to hear that it wasn't you that chose this separation. And you will always be waiting for him. make sure he knows your phone number. Show up on his last day of school to tell him 'great job'. Most schools make a big deal out of graduating to the next grade.

Once he knows this wasn't your choice.....then your parents will never keep his mind. He will always know there is another way.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-05-2013, 06:58 PM
You've planted the seed of doubt. That is an encouraging thought. Smile
29-05-2013, 06:47 PM
(27-05-2013 01:16 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The family and I are not on good terms at the moment. And likely we won't be for quite a while. They've written us (my sister and I) off as the heathenistic failures that we are and I've not spoken to my dad since shortly after starting this thread. My sister lives with me now. Our influence on the kid is finished until he's old enough to seek us out on his own.

There has to be some way you can maintain communication with him. Do your folks let him use the computer? Can he access one in the school library? Help him set up a gmail account and have one for yourself that is just for you and him to communicate. Make sure he has your cell phone number and let him know he can contact you any time. Does he play games on the Wii or xbox or other online games (like Neopets) where you could set up an account just so he has a way to PM you without your parents being aware?

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)