Little Moments of WIN Thread = )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Little Moments of WIN Thread = )
(09-03-2013 07:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I feel like your level of happy in relation to topic of LJ finding happiness in food you are displaying is completely disproportionate (totally just nailed the spelling of that word +1 to me) to the appropriate levels of happiness for the situation.
Moment of WIN for earmuffs Thumbsup

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 01:09 PM by Peanut.)
A few months ago, while eating lunch with my family after a loved one passed, my sister "outed me" to my grand parents Dodgy My grandma pointed to her cross necklace and complimented her on how pretty it was. (I totally got that necklace for her. I thought she'd like it and it IS pretty.)

She said, " Ooh! Ashley got it for me for my birthday! She said, 'I know I don't Do that whole Jesus thing, but here's a pretty necklace for ya.' She loves me."

I went a long time without telling my family my opinions of religion. I didn't want the drama. I just avoided talking about it all together. The family also never talks about it much, anyway. I certainly never imagined it would be thrown out in the open like THAT! I stared at her, eyes narrowed. Bitch.

Gramps was sitting right next to me and gramma was sitting across from me. (They are also both in their mid seventies, so I kind of assumed they'd have more conservative opinions. I don't even know their political affiliations.) I look away from my sister, toward my grampa. His face could only be described like this:

[Image: not-bad-obama.png]

And then:
[Image: I+approve.jpg]

[Image: 1912-so-much-win_inline.jpg]

Best way to "come out" to the grandparents EVER! I recommend it. Now I just have to tell my nutty mother... Drinking Beverage I think I'll wait. She's a bit fanatical.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 5 users Like Peanut's post
11-03-2013, 03:52 AM
... getting a wink from the hotel receptionist.

Yeah! Still got it after these years.

He seems like a very nice chap, too.
Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
11-03-2013, 04:37 AM
On line conversation tonight:

Him: I believe that everybody believes in some form of superior being

Me: You believe wrong, then. Everyone is an atheist at birth and then some are indoctrinated by the people who should be caring for them. It is child abuse.

Him: lol what a great analygy heheheh you know u are so right Have never thought about it that way cool Way to go hehehe

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
11-03-2013, 01:04 PM
(11-03-2013 03:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... getting a wink from the hotel receptionist.

Dodgy
It's still a WIN moment. Take a compliment from wherever it comes from! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
11-03-2013, 01:15 PM
(11-03-2013 01:04 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 03:52 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... getting a wink from the hotel receptionist.

Dodgy
It's still a WIN moment. Take a compliment from wherever it comes from! Thumbsup

Hell Yah! *highfive Peanut*

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I made my first cake Cool

Sprinkles are amazing at covering up the horrible job I did with frosting the thing.
Twenty three little boys and girls told me it was "yummy" and "delicious." One girl told me it was "the BEST cake she ever had."

I know she's no professional chef or food critic, but I'LL TAKE IT Thumbsup

[Image: 576233_10200202129089167_410562781_n.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
28-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I got a compliment on my hair AND someone else told me how much they "loved my lip ring" today.

Awesome.

28-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Re: Little Moments of WIN Thread = )
Doing two person work alone and finishing faster than when there is full staff. :D
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post