• 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Little bit of a rant, probably gonna get a little racist but we'll see
Fucking Earmuffs.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-12-2014, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 08:33 AM by Mr. Boston.)
Welfare and other social benefits are meant to be a safety net, for hard-working people who fall on hard times. They're meant to be a means to keep you out of the gutter, to temporarily keep you afloat while you make another plan or pursue some other option. They're not meant to be a lifestyle or career. Yes, there's rampant abuse in all societies that provide these benefits. But, as a somewhat-hard-working taxpayer, I still prefer this system, flawed as it is, to the alternative which is all these people living on the street, engaging in violent crime, spreading diseases, etc.

Maybe it's just that I have one son, and another on the way, but it drives me up the wall when people don't take their parental responsibilities seriously, and blame others for their own shortcomings. You, as the parent, are responsible for making good decisions concerning the well being of your kids; and that includes not having more children than YOU can afford to feed, clothe, house, clean, supervise, and educate.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
23-12-2014, 08:54 AM
(23-12-2014 08:29 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I still prefer this system, flawed as it is, to the alternative which is all these people living on the street, engaging in violent crime, spreading diseases, etc.

I think the point is that a lot of these welfare bums are out there engaging in that type of behavior.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
23-12-2014, 09:04 AM
(23-12-2014 08:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 08:29 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I still prefer this system, flawed as it is, to the alternative which is all these people living on the street, engaging in violent crime, spreading diseases, etc.

I think the point is that a lot of these welfare bums are out there engaging in that type of behavior.

It's especially heart warming the way you've classified an entire specific group of people as "these welfare bums".
Nice touch. No
23-12-2014, 09:11 AM
(23-12-2014 09:04 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 08:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I think the point is that a lot of these welfare bums are out there engaging in that type of behavior.

It's especially heart warming the way you've classified an entire specific group of people as "these welfare bums".
Nice touch. No

Some of them are welfare bums, and used my own ex wife as the perfect example in an earlier post. Not everyone is a welfare bum, and some do actually use it only when they need it. The sad truth is I've been at the grocery store and watched people with food stamp cards that somehow can afford cigarettes, alcohol, nice clothes and have a BMW in the parking lot. The system is broken.

23-12-2014, 09:12 AM
(23-12-2014 08:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  

Do you have recommendations on how to solve this?

Be realistic, no deportations or beheadings please.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-12-2014, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 09:19 AM by Patriot10mm.)
(23-12-2014 09:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 08:54 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I think the point is that a lot of these welfare bums are out there engaging in that type of behavior.

Do you have recommendations on how to solve this?

I would start with harsher punishment for crimes. No more deferred prosecution, no more probation for their 7th offense. If there are no repercussions for actions, the behavior continues. Especially for property crimes like theft, car prowls, graffiti.

23-12-2014, 09:22 AM
(23-12-2014 01:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:29 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  100% agree. My ex wife is just like that. She is a welfare queen and knows how to work the system for everything from free rent, paid utilities, cash, food stamps, even free toys for holidays. She is the laziest woman on the planet. I paid for her to go to nursing school when we were married, but she still won't work. She could be making $75,000 a year but she sits on her ass. She smokes marijuana and plays video games all damn day and somehow has money for a pack of cigarettes every day. I pay $500 a month to her in child support as well, who knows what she spends it on. She gets all this free stuff which she calls her "entitlements." She has my 14 year old daughter thinking thats the way to do things. A few months ago my daughter asks me why I bother working when I could just get free stuff and sit at home. Sad. My ex wife loves President Obama and will get into shouting matches with anyone that says a bad thing about democrats. She lives in Seattle now with her liberal hippie friends. She has two other new kids by two different guys and that gets her paid even more "entitlements."

The funniest thing is she is white as snow, but all her friends are black and she talks and acts just like them now. She learned all this welfare crap from her black neighbors at her apartment complex.

It scares me that they let these people vote. They only vote for the candidates that promise more free stuff, like that California Democrat politician than ran on the promise to add $80 of free diapers to monthly "entitlements" and of course she won her election.

If you're truly worried about deadbeats suckling on the government teat, you should be going after corporations and not the poor. Whatever your ex-wife may or may not be doing, even if we were to take your anecdote seriously, is not even a drop in the pool. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Wage_theft_versus_other_property_crimes.png]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_theft
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/wage-theft/

Daniel D. Huff, professor emeritus of social work at Boise State University, published a comprehensive analysis of corporate welfare in 1993. Huff reasoned that a very conservative estimate of corporate welfare expenditures in the United States would have been at least US$170 billion in 1990. Huff compared this number with social welfare:

In 1990 the federal government spent 4.7 billion dollars on all forms of international aid. Pollution control programs received 4.8 billion dollars of federal assistance while both secondary and elementary education were allotted only 8.4 billion dollars. More to the point, while more than 170 billion dollars is expended on assorted varieties of corporate welfare the federal government spends 11 billion dollars on Aid for Dependent Children. The most expensive means tested welfare program, Medicaid, costs the federal government 30 billion dollars a year or about half of the amount corporations receive each year through assorted tax breaks. S.S.I., the federal program for the disabled, receives 13 billion dollars while American businesses are given 17 billion in direct federal aid.

Huff noted that deliberate obfuscation was a complicating factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_welfare
http://www.webcitation.org/6ByInyoNI

I recently read the February 24 Good Jobs First report, “Subsidizing the Corporate One Percent,” by Philip Mattera, a respected thought leader in our business. It says that three-quarters of all state economic development subsidies went to just 965 corporations since the beginning of the study in 1976. The Fortune 500 corporations alone accounted for more than 16,000 subsidy awards, worth $63 billion – mostly in the form of tax breaks.

Think about that. The largest, wealthiest, most powerful organizations in the world are on the public dole. Where is the outrage? Back when I was young, people went into a frenzy at the thought of some unemployed person using food stamps to buy liquor or cigarettes. Ronald Reagan famously campaigned against welfare queens. The right has always been obsessed with moochers. But Boeing receives $13 billion in government handouts and everyone yawns, when conservatives should be grabbing their pitchforks.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/taxanalysts/...e-welfare/
http://www.goodjobsfirst.org/sites/defau...ercent.pdf

Allow me to expand on this EK.

http://mic.com/articles/85101/10-corpora...-taxpayers

1. Boeing: $13,174,075,797 (that’s 13 billions)
2. General Motors: $3,494,237,703
3. Royal Dutch Shell: $2,038,202,298 (a non-American corp. ffs!)
4. Dow Chemical: $1,408,228,374
5. Goldman Sachs: $661,979,222
6. Google: $632,044,922
7. Walt Disney: $381,525,727
8. Wal-Mart Stores: $149,942,595
9. Abercrombie and Fitch: $23,070,479
10. Bed Bath & Beyond: $10,385,041

Keep in mind that if the government doesn’t collect the money from them it will collect it from...guess who? You and me Angry

Fortune 500 companies receive $63 billion in subsidies

http://pando.com/2014/02/26/fortune-500-...subsidies/

"The true beneficiaries of subsidies are often hidden under layers of holding companies, shell firms and complex ownership agreements. But Good Jobs First did the tedious work of connecting the subsidies to the parent firms. In the process, the group discovered that a whopping $110 billion — or 75 percent of cumulative disclosed subsidy dollars — are going to these 965 large companies. Fortune 500 firms alone receive more than 16,000 subsidies at a total cost of $63 billion. Additionally, eight out of the top 20 firms receiving U.S. taxpayer subsidies are not even U.S. companies, meaning American taxpayers are being forced to directly subsidize foreign firms.

These kind of handouts, of course, are the opposite of anything having to do with a “free market.” They are the definition of government intervention in the market. Yet, the free-market image of companies is rarely tarnished when those companies accept the huge welfare payments.”

Ahem...WHERE’S THE FUCKING OUTRAGE!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
(23-12-2014 09:15 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Do you have recommendations on how to solve this?

I would start with harsher punishment for crimes. No more deferred prosecution, no more probation for their 7th offense. If there are no repercussions for actions, the behavior continues. Especially for property crimes like theft, car prowls, graffiti.

Where do you propose they put all these people?
The already US has the highest incarceration rate in the world[1]. Got any other bright ideas?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Stat...ation_rate

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post