Little bit of a rant, probably gonna get a little racist but we'll see

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 06:18 PM
RE: Little bit of a rant, probably gonna get a little racist but we'll see
This isn't so much about welfare but more about people's feeling that they are entitled to hand-outs just because they were popped out their mothers vagina.

I'm not apposed to welfare, I believe that life has its ups and downs and it should be the States responsibility to help those in need. Here in NZ I think we do an okay job of minimizing people that make it a life style choice but it's still certainly possible. I think maybe a quick easy fix to this could be something simple such as you have to come in on pay day, arrive by 9am, stay all day in a place that is designed to help you find a job (this is if you're on unemployment). So computers, maybe a staff member or two, newspapers, phones, people that can help you with your CV etc.. etc... and you get your welfare cheque at the end of the day if you stay the whole time.
People wouldn't want to do it so they will be more likely to get a job. Also with the resources and that time directly focused on them getting a job, free of distractions, would help. It would also identify those that are serious about getting a job and those that think welfare is a job.

They already do this to a limited extent for youth. They actually tried to get me to do a course that was basically this full time. Talk about motivation to get a job... I'd rather work 9-5 and get paid than go to course 9-5 and get welfare...

It would also cater to all types of people as you can look for work in your desired field.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 06:29 PM
There are problems with the system and problems in relation to how businesses work with it.

There are actually many people who work 9-5 and are on welfare... Wal-Mart has a way too high percentage of it that should exist for nearly the largest company in the world.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-12-2014, 09:03 PM
(23-12-2014 12:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  IMO once a person is invested in society the recidivism diminishes.

And how do you help make people invested in society?

They need hope. They need access to a good education, one that will give them the skills they need to succeed and earn themselves a legitimate living with a comfortable standard of living. They need to think they have a future, that the deck is not stacked against them. People without hope do desperate stupid things, especially if all of their available options are lose-lose propositions. They need to live in a society where the color of your skin or your gender are not marks against you.

Because when you don't give people options, when you label them thugs and presume their guilt, when you systemically discriminate against them for whatever reason; you can no longer sit back and be surprised when they grow up to be the very type of people you've been grooming them into. Actions, policies, and cultural norms all have consequences.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2014, 11:37 AM
(23-12-2014 09:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 12:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  IMO once a person is invested in society the recidivism diminishes.

They need hope. They need access to a good education, one that will give them the skills they need to succeed and earn themselves a legitimate living with a comfortable standard of living. They need to think they have a future, that the deck is not stacked against them. People without hope do desperate stupid things, especially if all of their available options are lose-lose propositions. They need to live in a society where the color of your skin or your gender are not marks against you.

Because when you don't give people options, when you label them thugs and presume their guilt, when you systemically discriminate against them for whatever reason; you can no longer sit back and be surprised when they grow up to be the very type of people you've been grooming them into. Actions, policies, and cultural norms all have consequences.

Well said EK.
well said!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-12-2014, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 12:26 PM by Full Circle.)
(23-12-2014 09:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Precisely. This is why in my post I mention education, you just said it much better. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post