Little kids and technology.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Wink Little kids and technology.
My daughter called this morning from SC. We talked a bit and then she put her daughter on the phone. We talked a while and she told me about her new puppy.

She was ready to go back to playing and so I said goodbye and that I loved her. She told me she loved me too and to tell Grampy that she loved him. I told her I would when he got home from work...without missing a beat she asked, "Can't you text him?" She's five and a half. Shocking

In the meantime the one and half year old was mad because he was trying to play a DVD and pushed the wrong button and it ejected instead of starting to play like he wanted. Tongue

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
03-02-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Little kids and technology.
That's so cute. Kids are smart - and really quick with technology.

Years ago I was taking care of a friend's toddler at their house. She had a decent vocabulary but wasn't quite old enough to grasp the fundamentals of pronunciation very well yet. If any length of time was spent with her though, translation became fairly easy.

Late one afternoon, she started saying "toes" and "a ha ma toes". I couldn't decipher so, I thought since it was getting close to supper she might want something specific to eat and was trying to tell me.

I asked her if she wanted to eat something and she nods and said "ma toes" "toes" insistently. I start going through words for foods and picking up things in the kitchen to show her ... head shakes - "no... toes" "ma TOES" aaaaand fussy fussy whimper.

Phone rings, I answer, talk, take message, talk, hang up. I turn around and here she comes... dragging a hand blender and the biggest potato she could carry, sets it down and starts to jab at the potato with the blender whimpering "MA TOES" "ma toes" "ma toes". Weeping

She knew how to make her food before she could even say the words. It was so hard to not laugh... poor baby had such a moron taking care of her... the idiot doesn't even know about mashed potatoes. Blink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-02-2013, 03:56 PM
I hear these kinds of stories all the time from my co-workers. Always makes me laugh. Smile

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
03-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Towards the end of my father's life, it was a great pleasure for him to be able to sit at his PC and carry on a conversation with his grandchildren who lived half-a-continent away. I'll never forget the pleasure he took in those conversations and I am glad I was around to help him set up his PC to do it.
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
A lot of people bash Facebook, but I get to see almost daily pictures of the kids (and some videos)...we are 1,000 miles away so it's really nice to watch them grow and change.

Julius, it's cool that you did that for your dad.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-02-2013, 06:26 PM
And what's these new fangled things kids are using these days? "Wheels" they call 'em. In MY day, we got around on foot, and sleds. I hear someone got run over by one. No good will come of it, I tell you what.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post
03-02-2013, 06:28 PM
I like facebook for the same reason. I also enjoy sharing my own photography

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like smidgen's post
09-02-2013, 11:00 AM
When I watch cute animal videos on YouTube with my son, he likes to remind me that the video needs to buffer = )

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
09-02-2013, 11:04 AM
(03-02-2013 06:28 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I like facebook for the same reason. I also enjoy sharing my own photography
Have you ever shared any of your pics on here? You could make a thread Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
09-02-2013, 11:56 AM
A friend of mine, when her husband was away traveling, he would call every evening during dinnertime. Face time...so the kids could see him. Well their one year old got ahold of my friend's phone and kept pushing buttons until she found the one that would connect her Daddy...

Seriously sweet. He was in the middle of meeting but took a little time out...

My friend just made her husband's face on the screen on the phone....so now baby just picks up the phone and talks to Daddy whenever she wants...lmao.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...