Little kids cursing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Little kids cursing
So the weather is finally nice and the neighborhood kids are out in our cul-de-sac playing basketball and other games. The ages range from 3 to around 12. Every other word is fuck or shit or some variation of curse words and I don't mind so much except the very little kids pick it up. I donno, the word fuck coming out of a three year old sort of takes me aback.

Even though my parents were atheists they didn't want me cussing when I was a little kid. It's the one thing they frowned on. My mother told me that until I got a job and paid taxes or if I developed some debilitating disease I had no real reason to cuss and she was pretty adamant about it too. She preferred that I learn a new word each week.

How do you feel about little kids saying "fuck" all the time.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: Little kids cursing
I do not really care, but it is kind off sad. Hovewer what's really sad is adults who apart from using "fuck" as a comma do not have much to say.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
30-04-2015, 09:23 AM
I really don't give a fuck. Cussing says nothing about a person or their character, it's entirely meaningless and only serves to act as a form of expression (such as expressing anger) or to annoy people with uptight sensibilities, both of which I see as a good thing.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-04-2015, 09:25 AM
I don't trust people who don't curse, means they process everything they say already so they have an easier time lying.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-04-2015, 09:50 AM
I don't think it's bad if kids swear a bit. But I'd prefer for them to learn to be polite or not according to the situation - swearing indiscriminately makes the words lose their force and also makes the user of the words come across as foolish, he said, vigorously fucking making his fucking point.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-04-2015, 10:06 AM
I prefer my girls learn enough vocabulary that they can express themselves without resorting to profanity on a regular basis. Occasional usage is not an issue for me. However, when people use profanity excessively, especially when they are angry, it indicates to me that they lack the self-control required to gather their thoughts and speak coherently using more meaningful words.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
30-04-2015, 10:19 AM
(30-04-2015 09:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't think it's bad if kids swear a bit. But I'd prefer for them to learn to be polite or not according to the situation - swearing indiscriminately makes the words lose their force and also makes the user of the words come across as foolish, he said, vigorously fucking making his fucking point.

I remember constantly cursing when I was 13 or so but that's normal. I guess a 3 year old saying fuck all the time is what stopped me in my tracks. Just, wow.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Depends on the age of the kid, and the situation. My son is 4. About the worst phrase in his vocabulary is "damn it" which I'm more or less okay with if he hurts himself or something. Like any 4-year-old boy though, he's obsessed... OBSESSED with farts and butts and he'll talk about these subjects with pretty much anyone at any time. My wife and I try to explain that these aren't bad words in and of themselves, but that it's not very polite to talk about butts and farts in public or at the dinner table, etc.

I think most kids learn to swear based on what they over-hear as the passenger in a car. I've always tried to refrain from using really heavy profanity in traffic, but in a sense it's back-fired. Now, whenever my son is REALLY pissed off at us, over having to stop playing and brush his teeth for bed, etc. he'll tell me I'm an idiot or a fool, because that's what I call people who cut me off or don't go when the light turns green, etc. That's his idea of a truly deep insult, lol. When he calls me an idiot I generally just tell him that's a rude thing to say to someone and if he keeps it up there will be no TV the next day, or no books for bedtime, or whatever consequence he might want to avoid. Most of the time he just needs a couple minutes to calm down, then he apologizes and if it's my wife he tells her she's beautiful and if it's me he tells me I'm his best friend.

As far as kids' casual use of profanity, I did it when I was 12 and I turned out okay. Generally I don't give a fuck I just want to make sure my kids understand that the language they use is a huge part of the impression they make on people and obscenity is something best used sparingly and only in certain situations. If you speak as if you're well-mannered and intelligent people will generally think much better of you.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
30-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Little kids cursing
I've spoken with my 11yo recently about this. I reckoned he probably uses the fuck/shit words with his mates but he tells me not, I know I did but whatever.

I swear on a fairly regular basis but not always 'fuck'. Usually a 'shit', 'knob/dick head', etc. but it's a part of language for me and used sparingly can be very effective for getting somebodys attention.

Having said that, youngsters swearing is a bit off putting only because that's what our society expects and they use the words without having a proper grasp of their base language anyway (at least in my experience with English).

As my children learn to express themselves and expand their vocabulary, 'swear words' will no doubt become part of their conversation. As long as it doesn't appear forced or out of place I don't see a problem. It's only words and that's all I have to say on the fucking shit-arse wanky twat knob titty shitty topic.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
30-04-2015, 10:59 AM
(30-04-2015 09:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I don't trust people who don't curse, means they process everything they say already so they have an easier time lying.

Do you know where that study is? About all I saw in the article is someone in the comments looking for it, as well.