Little or no ventilation when using gas stoves linked to childhood asthma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2014 07:30 AM by JDog554.)
Little or no ventilation when using gas stoves linked to childhood asthma
Researches at Oregon State University released reports from a study that showed more children developed asthma in homes that did not vent when using the stove than in homes that were venting when using the stove. They cannot say using the stove without ventilation is causing the issue. They need to study more to figure out exactly what is causing it but the study clearly shows that there is an association. So for those new mommies or daddies, vent while using a gas stove.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...180523.htm

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: Childhood asthma linked to little or no ventilation when using gas stoves.
Can I suggest changing the title to 'Little or no ventilation when using gas stoves linked to childhood asthma'.

Childhood asthma surely has more than one cause...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
30-09-2014, 07:30 AM
RE: Childhood asthma linked to little or no ventilation when using gas stoves.
(30-09-2014 07:27 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Can I suggest changing the title to 'Little or no ventilation when using gas stoves linked to childhood asthma'.

Childhood asthma surely has more than one cause...

Well how I have it is how the article has it but yeah, makes sense.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-09-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Little or no ventilation when using gas stoves linked to childhood asthma
When I was very young, we had paraffin heaters... The fumes were horrible to breathe.

Wasn't long before we got a wood burning stove... Nothing like Christmas morning with a log fire.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user